Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Broken Down On Memory Lane

Nine - Cry Me A River.

by punkypromqueen 11 reviews

Ok you guys, this is serious, you have to take a deep breath and promise me that you won't hate me after you're done reading this. i love you all, good luck.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-03-29 - Updated: 2007-03-29 - 1423 words - Complete

4Exciting
Patrick backed away shocked, he felt for the bed behind him before sitting down, the last thing he heeded was to fall on his ass all disheveled.
"Patrick?" She mumbled through her tears but he didn't respond.
"Patrick you can't be mad at me, Patrick -"
"Don't talk to me right now Kate." He cut her off coldly.
She didn't know why but the tears wouldn't stop flowing, ok so she knew very well why she couldn't stop crying but fortunately for her Patrick was too consumed in whatever was going on in his head to wonder about Kate's 'dysfunctional' eyes.
A knock on the door took Kate away from the scene at hand, she looked at him hesitantly before deciding that he wasn't going anywhere. She glanced at him once more before leaving Patrick sitting on her bed lost in his thoughts.

Patrick was completely and utterly devastated, which in all reality was so fucked up in so many ways - he was supposed to be getting married, granted to a girl he didn't love and was pretty sure everyone wanted to kill himself being included, but he would have dropped everything for . . . and with Joe? He couldn't even think properly.
Joe.
Joe Fucking Trohman.
What? That couldn't possibly be right.
Joe wouldn't do that to him - Kate was off limits indefinitely, everyone knew that. It was like law. If there was Fall Out Boy Band Member Commandments he was sure number 10 would be:
'Kate Wentz is not to be touched by any members of the band not named Patrick Martin Stump'
- and Kate, Kate wouldn't . . . not with Joe.
What?
He was frustrated, confused, nauseous and severally annoyed with the fact that he couldn't get 'Grillz' out of his fucking head - 'Smile for me Daddy.'
Well fuck that.

Kate shuffled towards the door not making any attempt to go faster as the person on the other end pounded relentlessly. She opened the door without even bothering to look in the peephole and was faced with the person who had to have the worst timing on the face of the planet. Joe shoved past her and paced awkwardly in front of the stairs.

"I am so so sorry but I lost your house keys, I have no freaking idea where they are and I looked everywhere, fucking everywhere and I still have no idea where they could be - what the fuck is wrong?" He stopped mid sentence when he finally noticed Kate was crying. Kate sniffled and avoided his eye contact.
"I did something really bad." She replied almost childlike.
"Like 'I killed Pete's dog' bad or 'I taught Petey how to say Fuck' bad?" He questioned Kate sighed and rubbed her bloodshot eyes.
"Like I told my exboyfriend that I was having his best friend's baby."
"Gross, you told him you were having Pete's baby?" Joe scrunched up his face in disgust and Kate groaned,
"No fuck head. I told him I was having your baby."
Joe laughed slightly while pointing in Kate's direction,
"That's silly because in order for you to be having my baby we would have had to have - and we've never - I can't have, with you. That would be awkward." He continued to laugh as Patrick appeared at the top of the stairs.
"The car is in the garage, Joe, please." She begged using the code phrase they had made up with they were 13. The phrase was used to get them out of trouble when the other needed an alibi, the recipient of the phrase was supposed to agree with everything that had been said, and thusly preventing stories from getting mixed up - it was a good plan, in theory, especially in lying to the parentals. Joe did a double take at Kate's response, she had never used the phrase before while he, on the other hand, was given a once per year limit for over usage of the phrase.
He sighed heavily and nodded, all the while not breaking eye contact with the now fuming Patrick.

"Hey Buddy." Joe said very cheerily. He figured that he would start by being overly happy - it would either make things better or make things much much worse - the latter being the correct choice.
"Don't play that game with me asshole." Patrick furiously spat.
"Hey now, I haven't done anything to you to be -" Joe started but was cut off when he was violently shoved against the front door.
"As if fucking Kate wasn't doing something to me!" Patrick continued yelling.
"News flash, Kate isn't yours." Joe yelled back, he was now growing angry. How dare Patrick act like an idiot this whole time, all the while hurting Kate, and then all of a sudden claim her. Joe shoved Patrick away from him with as much, if not more force, then was previously used on him. Kate was now screaming at both of them all the while trying to separate or at least get in between them.
"Are you fucking kidding me?" Patrick growled as he fought against Kate who was doing her best to hold him back.
"No I'm not fucking kidding you!" Joe screamed as he got right in Patrick's face pushing Kate aside.
"Where do you come off being Mr. Self Fucking Righteous? Because you left her to protect her or whatever? 'Oh look at me - poor Patrick, I'm not a bad guy, how could I be? I watched my girlfriend practically die in my arms and then stayed at the hospital for four days all bloody cause I love her so fucking much.'" Joe openly mocked him before shoving him forcefully once more and continuing, "Well fuck you Patrick, because after you were gone, I was still there, everyone else was still there - for five fucking years - we're the ones who love her, not you. You have no right to go off on me like this, you come back for ten seconds and automatically claim what isn't yours. Well fuck you!" Joe breathed deeply as he was now severely out of breath from screaming his lungs out at his idiot friend. Joe never understood the term 'seeing red' until Patrick had to go and push all he wrong buttons - he obviously didn't understand that Joe was going to protect Kate at all costs, she was his best friend and there was no way he was going to shrug off Patrick hurting her AGAIN.

Kate stood there shocked, moth agape, the whole nine yards. Joe scratched his head as he turned to face her, he opened his mouth to say something but was silenced by a fist to his face. Joe was caught off guard, he should have known it was coming when Patrick stayed silent after being verbally raped. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand and was slightly surprised when he saw blood - Joe laughed slightly as he continued to wipe his mouth. Patrick stood deathly silent and white knuckled, he glanced momentarily at Kate who was once again crying and pleading for them to stop. The slight distraction seemed to be detrimental to Patrick as Joe took the opportunity to defend himself. Joe stood over Patrick and peered down at him,
"Are you done being a tough guy?" He taunted as Patrick laid beneath him, spitting blood on the floor from his now bleeding mouth. Kate immediately was at his side, but Patrick pushed her away.
"Now your going to get up, and your going to leave because you don't have the balls to do the right thing, ever. Fortunately for you I'm here to clean your mess." Joe moved his gaze from Patrick to Kate.
"Do you wanna marry me?"
"I'm sorry, what?" Kate looked at him like he was crazy, and Joe sighed.
"The car is in the garage Kate."
"But you already used yours - " She was cut off.
"Kate." Joe spat, "The car is in the garage - do you want to marry me?" He dug around his pocket for something, anything that could be used as a ring, he pulled out a piece of string and tied it around her finger. Kate glanced at her ring finger tied with string and then back up at Joe apprehensively.
"Sure."
"What?" Patrick huffed while standing to his feet, blood on his face. Kate couldn't look at him, she averted her gaze to anything but him. He shoved past Joe and out the front door, slamming it with purpose. Kate closed her eyes and let her tears fall once more.
What had she done?
Sign up to rate and review this story