Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Music Or the Misery

Save Your Generation

by rainydaykid13 1 review

It lives...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-03-30 - Updated: 2007-03-31 - 1251 words

0Unrated
Patrick sat at the table, clicking away on his laptop while Pete devoured yet another bowl of Count Chocula cereal.
"It lives," Pete said through a mouthful of cereal.
"What?" Patrick didn't bother looking up.
"It lives," Pete repeated.
Patrick looked up, "Morning, sunshine," he said sarcastically as Kendall took a seat at the table.
"Whatcha doing?" she asked, trying to steal a glance at the computer screen.
"I have just enrolled you in school," Patrick declared, obviously proud of making his first official decision as a parent.
"School? " Kendall cringed.
"Haven't you been to school before?" Pete asked, stunned.
Kendall shook her head.
"It's nothing to be nervous about," Patrick explained, "I mean you had friends and stuff at the orphanage right?"
"No," Kendall said meekly, "Everyone was always mean to me."
Pete snorted, "Well I wonder why."
Kendall glared at him before turning back to Patrick, "Do I have to?"
"You have to."
Kendall sighed, "When do I start?"
"Tomorrow."
"Great," Kendall said sarcastically, raising her eyebrows for emphasis.
Kendall, having had enough news already, rose from the table and locked herself in her room.
"That was easier than I thought it would be," Patrick laughed.

---

"So where's the spawn of Satan?" Andy asked, walking into the garage and seating himself behind the drum kit.
"Locked in her room, been in there all day. Found out she was going to school," Pete informed him.
"Hey what are you gonna do with the little monster when we leave?" Joe asked.
"Leave?" Patrick knitted his brow in confusion.
"Patrick we leave in tomorrow," Andy declared.
"Where are we going?" Patrick inquired.
"Dude, we're going on tour," Pete told him.
Patrick looked a little miffed, "Well thanks for telling me," he said sarcastically.
"So what are you going to do with her?" Pete asked again.
Patrick thought for a moment.
"I guess we'll have to take her with us," he finally decided.
"Dude you can not do that. It's like suicide." Joe said excitedly.
"Well unless I can find some-" an evil grin slid up his face, "Becca."
"You're seriously going to turn that - that thing loose on your sister?" Joe laughed, "You're such a good brother."
"Any better ideas? Joseph?" Patrick said sarcastically, "Didn't think so."

---

Kendall groaned as she heard the bus pull up outside the apartment.
"Kendall! The bus is here!" Patrick shouted into her door.
"No shit, Sherlock." she muttered under her breath.
She grabbed her backpack and walked out of her bedroom.
"Good luck," Patrick smiled at her.
She returned a fake smile and walked out of the apartment and boarded the bus, bracing herself for the worst.

The bus pulled up outside of Hillcrest Elementary school and Kendall looked out the window of the bus in disgust at all the children carelessly milling around the playground. Kendall got off the bus and started up the stairs. She walked into the building and timidly walked down the hall, searching for the third grade classroom. Finally she came to a door with a huge colorful sign covered in hand prints and names with a "Welcome to Ms.Atherton's Third Grade".
Kendall reluctantly knocked on the door. Moments later a women dressed in a blue sweater and black jeans answered the door. She had frizzy mouse brown hair and looked not much bigger around than Kendall herself.
"Are you Ms.Atherton? I'm new here," Kendall told the floor tiles.
"Oh, you must be Kendall," the woman smiled.
"There's no fooling you is there?" Kendall glared.
Ms.Atherton continued to smile naively, "Welcome to the class, I'm sure you'll fit right in."
Kendall followed Ms.Atherton into the classroom. Kendall looked around nervously, noticing everything from all the students crowding the classroom to the many drawings covering the walls.
The teacher lead Kendall to the front of the classroom and cleared her throat. Immediately all activity in the room ceased and Kendall felt every pair of eyes in the room boring into her.
"Class, we have a new friend joining us today!" She smiled, "This is Kendall Stump. I hope you all will make her feel very welcome,"
Kendall waved a timid hello to the other children as a chorus of giggles and "Hi!"'s erupted from the chattering 8-year-olds.
"Kendall, why don't you go sit next to Molly?" The teacher pointed towards an empty desk next a tall dark haired girl. Kendall followed the teacher's instruction and sat down. Molly looked at Kendall for a moment before turning to another girl, whispering something in her ear and giggling, all the while stealing glances at Kendall. Kendall turned her attention back to the teacher, who was now explaining multiplication, and silently prayed for the day to end.

Finally the class was released to the cafeteria for lunch. The kids entered the cafeteria and sat down at the many round tables. Kendall stood by the door, not knowing what to do. Finally she sighted an empty table near the trash cans. She walked over and sat down. Seconds later she was joined by a boy she recognized from her class.
"Hi," the boy said.
"Hi, Everett," Kendall said. Everett sat behind her, and he hadn't stopped talking since she got there.
"Whatcha doing?" he asked.
"Eating my lunch."
"You're new here, right?"
"Yes Everett, I am new here."
"Do you like it?"
"No, I don't."
"How come?"
"Everett, we've been through this. I don't like it because it sucks. Now will you please go away?"
"But I want to be your friend," he said kindly.
Kendall groaned. There obviously was no getting rid of him. She turned her attention back to her PB&J sandwich while Everett chattered on and on about pokemon. Boys.

Kendall sighed with relief as the bell rang, signaling their freedom. Kendall stood up and walked slowly out the door, straggling behind her fellow munchkins. She walked out of the old wooden double doors and surveyed the crowd of kids and parents. No Patrick in sight. But she did see a woman who looked to be in her mid twenties waving at her and smiling like an idiot. Kendall approached her cautiously.
"May I help you?" she sneered.
"Hey Kendall! I'm Becca, Patrick's sister?"
"And why in the world are you picking me up?"
"Your dad's on tour right now, but he'll be back in three weeks," Becca giggled, "So how was your first day of school?"
"For one: He is not my dad. For two: You're late."
"By like, a second."
"By three and a half minutes," Kendall corrected, looking at her watch, "I have to take my Aciphex by 4:30. Right now it's... 4:21."
"We'll take it when we get home."
"That's when I take my Colitin."
"Ok, then let's go get you some water!" Becca is way to cheery, Kendall thought to herself as she followed Becca down the street and into the Texaco station. Becca grabbed a bottle of water, paid for it, and handed it to Kendall, as well as buying herself a Mountain Dew. Kendall quickly took out a tissue, unscrewed the cap, popped the pill in her mouth, and swallowed.
"Mission accomplished?" Becca asked, grinning.
Kendall once again ignored the question, "Mountain Dew?" she asked, obviously disgusted, "Why don't you just drink cyanide? At least it's quick," She said, turning on her heel and walking in the direction of the apartment. Becca gritted her teeth before taking a final sip of Mountain Dew. She tossed the can into the trash can, "Damn."
Sign up to rate and review this story