Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Prongslet

Unexpected News

by Japanime1 0 reviews

3-year-old Harry is abused by the Dursley's and is taken to be raised by Sirius and Remus.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Humor - Characters: Harry, Lupin, Sirius - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2005-10-13 - Updated: 2005-10-14 - 1109 words

1Cliche
Disclaimer: Sadly, I own nothing. Its J.K. Rowling's Magical world. I'm just renting residence.


A/N: I hope you enjoy this fic as much as I did writing it. Child Harry fics have always been a favorite of mine. I except criticism where it's needed


-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-


It had been two years since that fateful night in Godric's Hollow. Young Harry Potter had been sent to live with his Aunt and Uncle after the death of his parents, amid his Godfather's protests that is. But as Dumbledore had said, "it was for the best."

The only reason Sirius Black had not been sent to Azkaban for betraying the whereabouts of the Potter's to Voldemort was mainly because of Dumbledore, who had given him Veritaserum during an enforced court hearing. It proved the truth even though it wasn't what many had wanted to hear. For as it turned out the one who had really betrayed the Potter's still ran free, the Potter's other long time friend Peter Pettigrew.

At this moment in time though, Sirius Black and his only remaining friend and fellow Marauder Remus Lupin, sat in Dumbledore's office waiting for him to explain why he had summoned them there. 25-year-old Sirius and Remus, being James Potter's best friends, were of course the worst affected by his and Lily's death. Remus and James had been close but Sirius and James had been like brothers, for that reason Sirius had been dubbed Godfather to James's son Harry.

Dumbledore sighed heavily as he stared at his former students. He knew he was going to be putting a lot of weight on their shoulders by asking them to do what he was going to ask them to do, but with what recently came to light he had no other good alternative.

"Sir, is there a particularly good reason for why you called us here?" Sirius said slightly annoyed by the prolonged uncomfortable silence.

"I'm afraid there is, Mr. Black." Dumbledore said gravely as his eyes came to rest on Sirius. Sirius's annoyed expression changed to one of mild curiosity.
"Do either of you know what it means to be an elemental wizard or witch?" Dumbledore asked, deciding this was the best way to approach the subject. Sirius confusedly shook his head 'no', but Remus on the other hand nodded.

"Elemental Wizards are very rare. Only one or two are born every thousand years." Remus said knowledgably. "An Elemental Wizard or Witch," He continued. "Will have much more power than any normal one. Their magical ability surpasses all others. Not only can they control certain elements, depending on their personality, but they also do not 'need' a wand to concentrate there magic like we do but can use one if they want." Remus finished knowingly. Dumbledore nodded with a small smile at how much Remus had indeed studied in school.

"Why do we need to know this, sir? If one is only born every thousand years it's not likely we'll meet one." Sirius said matter-of-factly.

"Well, Mr. Black, truth be told it has come to my attention that one exist today." Dumbledore said calmly. Sirius and Remus shared a look then returned their gazes to Dumbledore inquisitorially.

"Voldemort has been after "Elemental" power ever since his school years, and for this reason, among others, he attacked the Potter's house in search for young Mr. Potter." Dumbledore said.

"But why-" Began Sirius but Dumbledore continued as though he had not been interrupted.

"You see, I have just recently discovered the young Harry is in fact an Elemental wizard." Dumbledore finished calmly. It took a few seconds for there words to sink in.

"Are you saying...?" Remus asked disbelievingly.

"Yes." Dumbledore affirmed with a nod. The message had the effect Dumbledore had thought. Remus looked shocked while Sirius looked angry.

"And your letting him stay with those muggles?!" Sirius yelled as he stood up. "I told you James had wanted him with me. Now look who he's with! They won't understand him, they'll blame him! I can just imagine the trauma that could cause a child!" Sirius continued furiously.

"Sir, the prophecy did say Harry would have powers no other wizard had, but if Voldemort does know than he'll be bound to come after Harry again." Remus said worriedly. "Not to mention he probably told his remaining Death Eaters of his plan as they are still trying to find a way to resurrect him." Remus said. Remus's words hit Sirius hard and he too was struck with worry, so much so that he sat back down looking at Dumbledore expectantly.

"I know all of this. That is why I'm worried, and also why Harry will be taken out of his relatives care immediately, for his own protection from their mistreatment and the dangers of Lord Voldemort." Dumbledore said sadly.

"M-mistreatment??" Sirius gasped, eyes widening as horrible thoughts of what the Dursley's might have done to his Godson crossed his mind.

"Patience Sirius, the Dursley's will receive their just reward. Do nothing foolhardy out of anger." Dumbledore told him sternly. Sirius nodded reluctantly.

"Where are you going to send Harry, sir?" Remus asked abruptly. Dumbledore smiling, eyes sparkling said, "Well...I thought he'd be safest, well protected, and loved unconditionally with his father's two best friends."

A shocked silence followed this pronouncement as the two men stared incredulously at their old Headmaster.

"That is, of course, if you two are willing to raise a child together, sharing the huge responsibility." Dumbledore continued smiling seeing as they were at a loss for words.

Sirius and Remus looked at each other grins on their faces.

"If not I could always-" Dumbledore began again but Sirius quickly cut him off.

"Of course we'll take Harry!" He said happily, without hesitation.

"I thought as much." Dumbledore said, eyes still sparkling. Remus's happy expression soon faltered as worry fill one took over.

"But...what about my condition? Sir? I could hurt Harry." Remus said anxiously.

"The newly developed Wolfsbane potion will keep you in your right mind during your transformations Mr. Lupin, and you may sleep in the basement of the house I have provided for you both in London. Well protected with charms and enchantments. And please, you are no longer in school. Call me Albus." Dumbledore assured. Remus smiled sheepishly, but Sirius grinned.

"When can we get him?" Sirius asked excitedly.

"First thing in the morning. After I have put my finishing touches on this new house." Dumbledore said calmly. Sirius and Remus smiled.

"First thing tomorrow..." They echoed in unison.


-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-


A/N: I know this chapter was short but I couldn't put too much into one chapter after all.
Sign up to rate and review this story