Categories > Games > Dead Or Alive > Amnesia

Chapter 4: Mystery Man

by Scrooge 0 reviews

Project Epsilon is a failure and Ein must suffer the consequences when he is left for dead in Germany's Schwarzwald. With no memory, Ein learns to trust a family that takes him in.

Category: Dead Or Alive - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2005-10-16 - Updated: 2005-10-16 - 1295 words

0Unrated


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

No big news to announce this time around, I've just been doing a lot of writing on ALL 4 stories, Amnesia, Entrapment, Dokugumo-Ureeru, another fan fiction to which name I'm not going to give awayjust yet.

So here's Chapter 4 to "Amnesia" and Chapter 5 has been posted on the site. I'm introducing Hitomi to this chapter.

Enjoy and as always, R&R is always appreciated.

Chapter 4 - Mystery Man

Jonas walked into the room where Hayate was kept and found the man still buried in his corner who sharply turned his head to Jonas direction, giving him a cold stare.

He must've never even moved. Jonas thought to himself. He looked down and saw the bowl of food empty. This gave him a smile on his face.

Jonas walked as close to Hayate as he felt the stranger was comfortable with, then he knelt to Hayate. "Are you still hungry?"

Hayate still stayed quiet, but continued to look at him deep.

"Look, I know you been through a lot that's why I want to help you, but I can't help you if you don't let me." He wiggled the bowl in front of Hayate's face. "So tell me, more food?"

Hayate hesitated before answering, but instead of speaking, he only nodded his head.

Jonas gave a sigh of disappointment; he really wanted to hear the stranger's voice. Then he looked at Hayate with a smile. "Well I guess it's a start, right?" He said still trying to get the ninja to speak.

To no success, Hayate stayed quiet. Why should I trust you? How do I know you won't inject me with your needles? Or put me underwater with no breath? Or sending an army to attack me while restrained?

"Okay, I promised I wouldn't rush you." Jonas said. He stood and picked up the bowl with him. "I'll be back soon with your food."

When Jonas was out of sight and closed the door behind, Hayate stood for the first time and tried to walk on his knee. It was extremely painful, but he had to prove the doctor's wrong. He limped across the room and tried to make a simple walk to the nearby dresser. Even though, it could've been a simple walk, his condition made it very difficult for him. Each step brought on more pain as he struggled his way to the dresser.

Just then his door opened again and a girl walked inside with a bowl in her hand. When she saw Hayate on his feet trying to walk, she yelped. "Oh my goodness." She immediately placed the bowl on the dresser and ran to Hayate holding his body weight up with his own. Hayate let out of a painful grunt.

"What are you doing? You're not supposed to be on your feet." She said as she helped him onto the bed.

Hayate laid panting hard and a thin layer of sweat covered his forehead in exhaustion.

"I'll be right back." The girl scurried out of the room and returned with a damp towel and placed it on his forehead.

"What were you thinking?" She said in a comforting way. "You're only going to make that knee worse than it is."

Hayate looked at the girl. She was short, deep beautiful blue eyes, long brown hair. All Hayate could do was smile.

"You're kinda cute when you smile." She said with a smile as she continued to wipe his forehead. "Now what were you doing trying to walk?"

Hayate didn't answer, but just continued to look at her.

The girl gave a little chuckle. "Daddy said you wasn't a big talker."

Daddy? Hayate thought to himself. So he has a daughter.

"My name is Hitomi." She continued. "Daddy thinks that maybe I should give a shot at getting you to say something. He's really worried about you."

But Hayate still didn't say a word.

Hitomi removed the towel from his forehead and retrieved the bowl she placed on the dresser. This time Hayate was brought a bowl of fruit.

"Open your mouth." She said as she retrieved a piece of sliced apple from the bowl.

Hayate obeyed and she placed the fruit on his tongue.

"Daddy usually don't pick up people off the street and take them in, so you may want to consider yourself lucky." She rambled as she continued to feed him. "I know it may be hard to trust people you never met before, but we both have done a lot to make sure you survived what you been through."

Hayate still refused to speak.

"Well, maybe it'll help if I tell you more about us."

"Daddy, I mean Jonas, is a karate instructor." Hitomi said.

Hayate immediately understood the explanation why a man of his mid-age was so well-built.

"He teaches any one that wants to learn and has made a pretty good living off of it. He usually does a lot of jogs to train for the Schwarzwald Black Forest Marathon. He almost won last year but..."

Hitomi continued to speak as Hayate drifted off into his own daydream as he kept his eyes on the female and stuck on to her every word.

"And me, I'm one of his favorite students." She continued. "It may be because I'm his daughter, but I think I'm pretty good. Yet, according to him I'm not ready for international competition."

Hayate raised his eyebrow which told Hitomi he was gaining an interest in his story.

"Well, last year there was this tournament." She spoke as she made herself comfortable next to Hayate. "The world's strongest fighters meet up and battle for $500,000. I wasn't doing it for the money, but I wanted to see how I stood up to the other fighters. I doubt I would've won, but it would've been interesting to join." She gave a sigh. "But Daddy said that I wasn't ready. So instead of joining it, I had to watch it on TV. Those guys were pretty good and I know I'm not the strongest in the world, but I swear I could've beaten at least one or two. Well, there's another one coming up next year in Japan. So lately I've been training extra hard to join. Hopefully, he'll let me go."

She looked at Hayate who only watched her. "Was I rambling? I have a tendency to do that. Like one time, during this class session, there was a student that challenged me in front of Daddy. At first, I was going to ignore him, but then he said..." She stopped herself. "I'm sorry, I'm doing it again, aren't I?"

With a smile, Hayate nodded.

"Well, since I'm doing most of the talking anyway, can you at least tell me your name?"

Hayate's expressing changed, then only turned his head and looked away.

Hitomi gave a depressed sigh. "Daddy said you would do that." She stood up from the bed and took the empty bowl with her. "I'll get you some more food; you still look like your hungry." She stood. "But please, remember what I said. Consider yourself lucky you're still not in the forest. A 'thank you' would be nice." She said with a smile as she made her exit.

Hayate then began to think to himself as he laid in the bed.

Am I being stubborn? They both seem nice. But so did Lisa. What am I saying? She tried to kill me. But how do I know that is not their intentions?

As he asked himself more question, they began to divert to his amnesia. How can I answer their questions when I don't know the answers myself? Where am I? Who am I? Where did I come from? What is my name?





= = = COMING SOON = = =
Chapter 5 - What is your name?


Sign up to rate and review this story