Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > An argument for consciousness

.[one].

by loversintomonsters 2 reviews

sometimes to take control of your life you have to leave some people behind. maybe even yourself.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-04-02 - Updated: 2007-04-03 - 586 words

2Insightful
I sat on the cold concrete throwing small rocks into the massive lake. When the rocks first made contact with the water, the impact was noticeable. The water splashed and rippled almost as if the rock had invaded it's space and it wanted to make it known. Just as quickly as the rock hit, it disappeared. It sank below the surface while the water quickly filled the void the rock no longer could. At first look one could assume the rock had never been there to begin with. However, the water and the rock both knew that wasn't true. They knew that they had both been forever changed. Sometimes it was all in how closely you were willing to look at things.

I heard his footsteps behind me and made a mental note of it. The gravel scratched against the concrete with each step he took. I soon felt his body heat radiating off of his legs and onto my back and noticed his shadow towering above me. As I went to throw another rock, my wrist was grabbed from behind. I spun to face him as I stood up.

"Usually when people want me to meet them, they chose somewhere more." He sighed. His eyes let me know he wasn't trying to offend me.

"More what?" I let the rock fall from my hands and watched as it collided with the concrete. It lacked the intensity I remembered from watching it hit the water only moments ago. Sometimes things mixed and sometimes they didn't. You just had to find the right mix was all.

"Just. . more."

"I thought it symbolic." I shrugged.

"You think everything is symbolic." He challenged me. A smile played on his lips and I knew that his intentions were different from mine.

He put his hands on either side of my face and leaned closer. Routine got the best of us. Our foreheads touched. My breathing slowed. The world spun, and spun, and spun until the trees mixed with the water and the sky and the concrete beneath us fell victim as well and everything felt very chaotic, but I didn't feel dizzy or unfocused at all because all I saw was him. And he was nice. And he made sense. And he stood still. And I thought that this was love. And that he was the only boy who had ever made me feel this unorganized yet so together all at once.

I closed my eyes and when I reopened them everything was back to normal and in it's rightful place. I bit my lip as I knew what I had to do. I had made up my mind hours, hell, maybe even months ago, but I had to try one last thing. I bent down and grabbed two more rocks. The first I threw into the lake. Chaos, then tranquility. At least so it seemed. I watched yet again as I dropped the second rock onto the concrete. It hit it's destination then rolled away. I was still unaware of what that meant to me, but I realized I was wasting time again.

"What are you doing?" Pete asked bewildered at my antics. I looked up at his through my glasses and two toned messy hair.

"Walking away." I said simply, and that's what I did. I assumed he stood there watching me in confusion and frustration as my breaks lights reflected off the water illuminating the entire area, but I couldn't be sure. I never looked back once.
Sign up to rate and review this story