Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Welcome to the What If's

What A Twist!

by ForNeverYours 3 reviews

Aubrey gets confused, Patrick gets her back in line.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-04-04 - Updated: 2007-04-04 - 1548 words

0Unrated
Aubrey's POV

I woke up next to Andy. Feeling his heartbeat and his light snoring. I noticed the pale sun shining through the window that was left open from last night and shot bult upright. I looked around and rubbed my glued together eyes as I tried to read the alarm clock that sat on his beside table. 7:30
"Andy, I'd better get home." I whispered and slid out of bed, picked up my hoodie and shoes and climbed out the window.
I didn't even bother putting my shoes on, instead I just shimmied off the edge of the roof and made me way over to my house, climbed the vine frame and collapsed in a heap on my own bed.
I pulled the blankets over my head and waited for my mother to come rushing in and confront me but nothing happened. I closed my eyes and felt myself drift back to sleep, this time I slept almost all day. When I woke up and grey light of dusk shone through my window.
I slowly got out of bed and shuffled downstairs. My mom was making dinner for us and humming. I sat down at the table and glanced nervously at her. She smiled and hugged me.
"How are you feeling honey, you were sleeping an awful long time." She felt my forehead.
"I'm fine mom, I was just tired."
"Oh, well here's dinner." She said handing me a plate of food that I only poked at. "Are you sure you're feeling well?"
"I'm not entirely sure." I sighed and got up.
"Why don't you just go back to bed?" She nodded and pushed me back up the steps. "Yell if you need anything."
Once back upstairs I paced a little and glanced out my window. Andy was sitting on his roof, staring up at the twilight. His hands rested behind his head as he looked up. Knowing my mother would possibly come barging in I locked the door and carefully put on my shoes, then slid out on the roof and onto the ground.
Andy noticed me struggling to climb up to frame and helped my up partially. I sat back with him and watched the stars for a while.
"You know I always liked stars." He said sighing.
I glanced up at him and smiled. He was more philosophical than I thought he would be when we first met. I counted in my head the days that past since I first saw him looking through his window at me. He must have noticed because he pulled me closer to him and wrapped his arms around my waist.
"Is something wrong?" He breathed in my ear.
I shivered slightly and shook my head. I was right where I wanted to be, why did I feel like something was amiss? He played with my unruly hair; twirling it between his fingers....wait was he smelling it?
"Are you smelling my hair?" I sat up laughing as his face turned red and he looked down; he totally was.
"I-I...." His blush deepened as he thought of something. "It smelled like coconuts, I think they smell nice."
I scoffed and rolled my eyes; he was so corny. Almost sensing my thoughts he leaned in closer to me and smiled.
"Trust my love, I can get cheesier." His smirk was almost a sneer.
I laughed and pulled him on top of me. Wasting no time he has his lips hovering over mine waiting for the right moment. Soon the warmth of his lips are almost consuming mine.
I pulled back for air after a while and smiled at him. He smiled back and kissed my neck before getting up and pulling me along with him.
"Come on, we'd better get the guys before they wonder what happened to us."
Stumbling down the hanging vine we took off down the moonlit road, joking and kicking each other playfully. Before we knew it we got to Patrick's house and did the routine; shoes, running, and throwing stones.
Then onto Dirty's house; this time he climbed out the window and kept the keys on his hands.
"I'm coming this time, it's boring here." That's all he said as we got in his car and took off for Pete's then Lyn's.
Once in Chicago we did our usually stops, the gas station that was falling apart just outside the city, the tattoo parlor, and then a new all night diner.
While eating our food, things seemed different. It was hard to explain, but it felt like everyone was looking at me and Andy. It felt like they didn't want me here. I tried my best to brush off the feeling and focus on the conversation, but they were all talking in hushed tones.
I just rolled my eyes and forced myself away front eh table and into the bathroom. It was one of my many imperfections, I always felt like people didn't want me around. After a few minutes there was a knock on the door and Lyn pushed open the door to let herself in.
"Are you feeling alright, you just got up and left?" She said checking herself in the mirror and applying a fresh coat of blood red lip stick.
"You know how I get when I here people whispering." I smiled pushing myself off the counter and looking at each other in the mirror.
"Well, they actually were talking about you." She bit her lip.
"What do you mean?" I glanced at her in my peripheral vision.
"They think you and Andy are getting too close."
"What the fuck?" I said wanting to badly to go out and confront them. "Did they do this when you and Joe started dating?"
"Pff-yeah." She said examining her manicured nails. "They did for a week, then my personality got the best of them and they just gave up trying to get us to break up."
"We need to find girlfriends for Pete and Patrick." I said staring at my shoes.
"Good idea!" She said putting her hands on her hips. "We'll start tomorrow."
I nodded and we walked/skipped our way back to the guys who were waiting patiently in the parking lot. Pete gave me a dirty look then had a staring contest with his shoes; his shoes won easily. Andy grabbed my hand and started off for the car. We all rode in silence, with the exception of the music wafting through the air from the piece of shit stereo system.
Every once in a while Pete or Patrick would glance back at me shoot a few daggers and then turn back around. I brushed it off and put my hand next to Andy's, the heat from his radiating off of his.
Patrick dropped off Lyn and Joe, then Pete and drove back to Dirty's house. Andy and I crawled out from the backseat and I glanced at Patrick. We all walked in the direction of Patrick's house. He looked at our hands clasped tightly together and shook his head in disgust. I cocked my head and let my hand fall loose from his.
"Andy, I'll catch up to you." I said as we all started walking. "I need to talk to Patrick for a minute."
He nodded and planted a kiss on my forehead. I smiled at the small gesture of affection and turned to Patrick who had stood back and waited for who knows what. As soon as I saw Andy was far out of earshot I glared at Patrick.
"What the fuck is you problem?" I whispered angrily.
"What is my problem, what about yours?" He crossed his arms and tapped his foot impatiently.
"What exactly is my problem, Patrick?" I cocked my head and bit my lip angrily. "Last time I checked I only hung out with you for the past couple of weeks, what could you know about after such a short amount of time?"
"You're getting all huggy kissy with the guy that was stalking you!" He raised his arms out in front of him and sighed aggravated.
"Maybe it was meant to be." I said glancing behind me at Andy's form that had completely disappeared in the dark.
"Or maybe you're not expanding your borders enough." He said looking down at his shoes.
"What are you getting at Patrick?" I said squinting into the dark to see the hat clad boy that was talking in circles.
Without warning he reached up and grabbed my shoulders, forcing me against his house siding. I felt the air leave my lungs with the force of my back hitting the house. He stared at my fervently for a second then leaned in and landed a warm kiss right on my lips. My eyes went huge for a moment then relaxed and slid closed.
When I finally realized what I was doing I reached up and gently pushed him away. Breathing heavily we glanced at each other without saying as word.
"So, that's what I'm missing." I smirked slipping out of his grip of my shoulders and onto the street, then tearing ass up the road.
Once back in my own room I leaned against the window and tried to catch my faltering breath. That was what I was missing.
Sign up to rate and review this story