Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Down the road, not across the street

Drama doesn't follow me it rides on my back.

by grandtheftautumn 9 reviews

NO SPOILERS FOR YOU! The last 8 chapters were the "Calm Before the Storm" .. When disaster strikes who will be her saviour?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2007-04-05 - Updated: 2007-04-06 - 1758 words

0Unrated
I'm back! Yay! No assessments for a couple weeks! Whoop! Please forgive me for directly quoting a line from one of my favourite shows =] If you recognise it I love you hehe. Love it or leave it!

PS. I have a new policy I'm trying. I don't care if you think its lame. Its gonna stick.

1 review - better than none
2-3 reviews - make me smile
4-5 reviews - motivate me
6+ reviews - I will drop everything I am doing to write a new chapter & update.

LOVE ME. HATE ME. But remember Jesus loves you. Haha

HAPPY EASTER!! Enjoy my new chap.




*


Chapter 9: Drama doesn't follow me it rides on my back.


Original/Amara's POV


[Several months later]

I was lying in bed thinking how fast time had gone. The boys were on a two week break from the tour.

Ryan and the guys have really grown up during the tour, while Pete's antics have made me question his diminishing maturity. I remember back to their first show. They were nervous young boys, nevertheless they performed amazingly and the crowd welcomed them with open arms. That night not only launched Panic! at the Disco, but marked the day Pete and I officially became a couple. We've been together for about four months now, and one word sums it all up - exciting! The tour has been so much fun with him, and he makes me forget all the problems I've ever had. It feels like I have no problems, like I'm living another life. We'd talk about anything and everything... all except for our pasts. Sharing a silent mutual agreement where we didn't need to discuss painful reminders. All we needed to know is that we made each other happy. Pete's like my drug. The daily adrenaline rush making me feel something I hadn't felt in awhile.

I was drawn out from my nostalgic thoughts when a heavily tattooed arm wrapped itself around my waist. I looked over to my left, "Morning Sunshine" I smiled at Pete.

"Mmmm hmmm," he mumbled with a small smile. He shuffled closer to me, tighten his grip.

"You know your flight leave in 6 hours and you haven't even packed yet," I said to him. "Yea I know but I'm not going to see you for ages."

"Awww.. its only three days," I laughed. "It'll feel like an eternity." "God pull yourself together man, since when are you all sentimental and mushy," I teased him.

"Since I realised I'm falling for you." Whoa what? I thought in my head. Did I hear correctly? I was speechless. I looked deep into those intense, warm brown eyes. A warm feeling washed over me, making me smile both inside and out. So this it what it feels like to be loved.

"I think I'm falling too."

Those words brought a smile to his face, and relieved him of the tension and fear of her not reciprocating the same feelings. He caressed her face and propped himself up onto his elbow. "So how many hours did you say?" he asked her. "About six." "Oh good plenty of time for this!" he grinned as he rolled on top of her and started to kiss her neck.

Three hours later she was seeing Pete off. He was going on a weekend business trip in New York to meet with some producer. "Are you sure you're going to be okay here alone?" he asked her.

"I'll be fine. But if I get lonely Brendon said I could stay with him or one of the boys."

Pete relaxed, "All right baby, remember break dance..." "Not hearts," she finished.

They said an intimate good bye and Pete hugged her tightly before getting into the limo. She waved the limo off until it rounded the corner and then headed back up to Pete's apartment. She enjoyed a quiet afternoon having time to herself just relaxing. The last several months she had had very little privacy or 'me-time' touring on a bus filled with males. "This is nice", she thought out loud.

She flicked on the idiot box to MTV. It was more than halfway through of "A Little Less 'Sixteen Candles'..." Brendon's cameo made her smile as she remembered meeting William Beckett. It was a good music video and she loved how it was like a short film. It also reminded her of the dress up party and the events that took place that night. It felt like years ago, and every day since had been a dream, like nothing could possibly go wrong.

Boy was she wrong.





It was growing dark outside. Amara was contemplating what to have for dinner when her cell started vibrating. "Hello?" she spoke into her phone. "Amara? It's me, Micah."

"Hey little brother what's up?" His voice was anxious, "It's mum and dad. There's been an accident."

"Oh my god. What happened? Are they okay? Oh my god." Her knees felt like they were about to give way so she sat down. Her voice became softer, Amara mustered all her strength to stop herself from crying.

"Some crazy driver drove through the promenade ... apparently dad pushed mum out of the way but... but... he's in intensive care at the moment. There was a lot of internal bleeding and... and... we don't know if he'll make it. Doctors said they're trying everything. Mum's just a bit bruised, shaken more so."

Without a second thought, "It's going to be okay Mikz. I'm on my way. I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Bye sis," he replied bravely and hung up.

What am I going to do? I have to call Pete and tell him. He should be at the hotel; the flight only takes two and a half hours. I dialled his cell, he wasn't answering. I let it ring out and nothing. I tried again but still no answer, so I left a voice mail. "I'm going home. My parents were in a hit-and-run."

It'll be okay, Amara. She thought to herself, hands trembling. Oh my god. I need to get over there. She started packing her valuables into a small duffle.

Her phone rang ten minutes later. "Sorry I was in the shower. Baby, I feel like I need to be there with you, but I cant right now. I'm just about to meet with Jay-Z and he is not a man you can take a raincheck on. I promise you as soon as I'm done I'll be on the first flight out we can go together if you want?"

"Pete I don't know, I need to get there now. I don't think I could wait much longer. Its okay, do your business and then meet me in Vegas after. I'll call you when I land."

After she had packed she called the airline. The next flight was in five minutes; no way would she have made it so she booked the next flight which was midnight. She thought about coach, but that would take hours and she was in no condition to drive.

She felt like a wreck she went down to the pub to calm her nerves, hopefully drown some sorrows.

She was sitting at the bar, downing her fifth drink for the night, a second shot of Sambuca. The drunken man sitting next to her flashed her his toothless grin. "What's a pretty thing like you, doing in a place like this?"

She rolled her eyes, but the creepy man continued, "Someone with your ass should be in a club on a Friday night not here."

Maybe it was the alcohol kicking in, or the build up of unfortunate events, or just the fact that Amara hated being talked at like a piece of meat. The last comment hit a nerve, and the feisty creature inside was about to rear its ugly head.

"Okay, guy in need of a clue. Here's one. Women send signals. That was a brush off. Before you dip into your shallow pool of wit let me paint us a picture and save us both the trouble. Here's your evening. You are going to slink back off to your buddies, laugh this off, get wasted, go home, and make nice with yourself. But don't be thinking of me, because even your fantasy of me, isn't interested in you."

"Is this guy bothering you, Miss?" a handsome light-haired man. "Not anymore," I smiled up at the tall stranger, while the old drunk slinked away. "Can I buy you a drink?" he asked her. "Sure why not."

The stranger didn't seem like a stranger. Amara had the sense she had met him before, a kind of déjà vu. They had been talking for awhile, just about random things. Amara had skolled down several more drinks within those 20 minutes. Her phone rang for what felt like the millionth time that night. She fumbled to answer it and the caller id blurred Pete.

"Amara /static/ I'm sorry baby there are no flights til the morn... /static/ I tried getting /static/ private plane /static/ getting serviced" /static/

The bar lights flickered... "Storms a coming," announced the bartender.

"I CAN'T HEAR YOU. I'LL CALL YOU BACK!" she yelled into the phone. She looked at the time. "Whoa, its getting late. I have a flight to catch soon. I've got to go, it was really nice meeting you." She smiled friendly at the guy. She didn't even know is name.

"You to," he replied. Slight disappointed in his face coupled with a forced smile. "I'll see you around maybe?"

"Yea, maybe." She grinned and with that she left.

Amara walked outside, it was darker than normal due to half the street lights being out. Searching for a cab to take her to the airport, but there where no cars insight. A figure watched Amara as she stumbled along. She dialled the first number that came to mind. "Heyy what's up?"

"Ry, come get meee," her speech slurring. Ugh, I don't feel well. Light-headed, she leant on a brick wall to regain her balance. I couldn't have drank that much? Her vision began to blur as she sunk to the floor. The phone fell out of her hand as Amara's grip loosened and then she blacked out.

Then the shadow of a dark mysterious figure cast itself over Amara's motionless body. "Hello? HELLO? AMARA!" Ryan voice called from the phone, but she didn't respond. On the other line, he could barely hear her shallow breathing and the sound of approaching footsteps growing louder.






*

Oh
My
God







Review for next chap update XD
Sign up to rate and review this story