Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy

Next to Heartbeats Where You Shouldn't Dare Sleep

by SugarPlumFaerie 3 reviews

A one-shot at trust, love, and hope...and one very nosy roommate.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-04-06 - Updated: 2007-04-07 - 1772 words - Complete

0Unrated
I should really be in bed or sleeping, since this crazy cold or whatever it is keeps attacking. Eh, I never follow rules...I'll update Nightfall soon, I promise. ;)

She rolled over in the bed, and stared at the bright sunlight pouring through the window. Just what was today going to happen today? Was she going to pretend nothing was wrong or was she going to be a cruel bitch to everyone again?

"Hey, Mallory, are you up yet?"

She sighed, and answered, "Yeah, I'm just trying to find something to wear..."

The overly-excited, desperately hoping no one would notice she was depressed voice she was using lately annoyed the hell out of her, but there was no way she'd be able to stand more questions and worried looks. He made sure of that.

But what annoyed Mallory far more was the fact that she missed him more than she missed her size 6 jeans that would never fit her again. Life was cruel sometimes.

"Okay, just checking. You, uh, might want to look pretty," her roommate, Jason said through the door.

Mallory cocked her head toward the door and gave it a surprised look, as if it would be able to give her an explanation for Jason's words. Just what the hell did he...her heart stopped, and she jumped to her feet. No, no, even he wasn't that cold.

She knew it was foolish to think maybe he'd even think about dropping by...he probably never even thought about her. All the same, she ran about her room, trying to clean up and grabbed a towel. Jason watched with an amused expression as she sprinted down the hall to the bathroom. After a quick 5 minute shower, she stepped out with the towel tightly wrapped around her. It didn't matter that Jason was there--she walked down the hallway and into her room.

"Well, I always wanted a half-naked girl as a welcome home gift," a voice said from behind her.

Mallory jumped slightly and turned to see Pete smirking appreciatively at her from the bed.

"Pete! When did you get here?"

He stood up, still grinning wickedly at her. "A few minutes ago. I shouldn't have said anything. I would have gotten a free show if I stayed quiet."

"You are such a bad kid, you know that?" she said, smirking.

"What? I've been missing girls for weeks. You expect me to come home and not have my way with my hot girlfriend?'

"The hot girlfriend who's still in a towel and has a roommate still home," another voice added.

Mallory jumped and stared at the door again, but Pete laughed. Her fingers touched her lips to shush Pete, and in one quick motion she opened her bedroom door.

"Whoa!"

Jason lay on the ground before her door, rubbing his face.

"That'll teach you to eavesdrop, punk," she shut the door with a smirk and turned to Pete. "Now what-"

Pete was suddenly before her, wrapping his arms around her and laying his head in the crook of her neck.

"You smell so good," he whispered in her ear.

Mallory smiled, but once she felt his fingers loosening her towel she came to her senses and pulled away from him.

"Nope, you have to wait," she told him, wagging her finger at him.

"But-"

"Jason's still out there, no way am I having sex with you while he's here. Besides, at least wait until I look pretty."

She sat before the mirror, and out of the corner of her eye she saw Pete pouting.

"But you'd look pretty without that towel on," he muttered, hopping on her bed again.

"Sounds like Dirty's been telling you his pick up lines," Mallory laughed.

"Sounds like I might be able to sell this soft porno on E-Bay!" a voice said through the door.

She rolled her eyes. "Jason, go get a life!"

Pete made an impatient noise from the bed, forcing her to turn and look at him. His eyes danced and the grin on his face was calling her to join him on the bed. Mallory giggled.

"You are seriously not going to let me get dressed, so go keep Jason busy." He cocked his eyebrow. "Oh, don't be so literal! Sometimes your mind never leaves the gutter."

"Hurry up then." He kissed her neck lightly and left the room.

Wishful make-upping, that's what she was doing. But unlike Molly Ringwald in "Pretty in Pink," Mallory was probably not going to end up with the man of her dreams.
Now what was she going to wear? Which dress did he say he liked her in? The thought of what he did after he told her that made her smirk.

Mallory ignored the fact that her boyfriend or roommate was likely to come in and walked around practically naked for a moment. Jeans and a hoodie, she decided. Nothing too desperate.

Just as she reached for her red and black striped hoodie, lips pressed against her neck. Mallory dropped the clothing, frozen at the spot.

"You're back?" she whispered.

Without another word, she was whipped around and soft lips pressed gently against hers. Arms wrapped themselves against her skin, robbing her of any thoughts or breathe.

"Mmmm...I've missed you," he whispered in her ear.

"Really?"

"Really, really. Looks like I couldn't have come at a better time."

She smiled back at him for a few moments, and then her brain began to function again. "Oh my God. Pete's in the other room, we can't be in here doing this!"

"Actually, we could if we timed it correctly."

"Patrick, stop joking around. We both know he can't find out about us."

He sighed, reluctantly loosening his grip on her and letting her go. "At least get dressed...you're driving me crazy."

"Hey Mallory, are you finally dressed or can I just jump you?" a voice called out from the hallway.

"Shit, it's Pete, get in the bathroom, quick, now!" she shooed Patrick away, pushing him into the bathroom just seconds before Pete came into the room.

"Well, I think if you wear that out, you just might be able to get more numbers than me," Pete said, smirking at her bra and panties.

"In your dreams, Wentz. You know I have a hard time deciding what to wear."

She ignored the eyes that followed her through the crack between the bathroom door and the wall and pretended to dig through her closet.

"Wear that yellow striped dress and one of my hoodies or something. You always look hot in that," he told her, kissing her cheek.

"Okay," she answered, even though she hated that dress.

He helped zip her up and as she turned to him he couldn't resist pulling her into his arms. He missed her more than he thought he ever would.

She slowly wrapped her arms around Pete's neck, her head positioned so that she was looking into Patrick's pained blue eyes. Patrick hated what he was doing to Pete, but he also hated the thought of losing her. Mallory gave him a smile and mouthed "I love you" before she could stop herself. His eyes widened, but before she could see him do anything else, Pete pulled back and looked down at her.

"You're amazing. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Probably die of boredom, I don't know."

"Well there was that one time I jumped off the roof..."

"Using my blue hat as your helmet," she said, rolling her eyes.

"What? It seemed like such a good idea at the time..."

She was dying to know what Patrick would say to her. She was also sure Pete noticed her anxiety.

"Hon, can you go find my black heels? They should be in the living room or something."

"Okay, but when I get back can we go?"
She playfully kicked at him as he left the room.

"Did I read your lips incorrectly or did you just say you love me?" Patrick said in a hushed whisper, coming out of the bathroom with a stunned look.

Mallory bit her lip and shifted uncomfortably. "I..."

"Answer my question. Please."

Though she purposely pushed Pete out the room to talk to Patrick, she found herself avoiding his questions. Mallory didn't answer him and began to quickly apply eyeliner to her tired eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"That's complete bull, and we both know it. Why can't you just tell me? You've been driving me slowly insane. Why do you think I never call you anymore? Why do you think I avoid being around you?"

The pain in his voice forced her to meet his eyes. "What are you saying Patrick?"

"I'm saying...I'm saying that I love you."

She dropped the eyeliner to the floor, but before she could answer, Pete popped back into the room.

"I found one heel and one pink slip-on, sorry-oh, when did you get here Patrick?"

"A few minutes ago. I was just asking Mallory how long she planned to you occupied," Patrick quickly lied.

"Damn, I didn't know you loved me that much," Pete joked. Mallory managed a small smile, but Patrick didn't laugh. "Okay, I think now's the time to go."

"Um...sure, Pete."

Mallory allowed herself to be dragged off, followed closely by Patrick. Jason sat on the couch in the living room, seemingly waiting for them. One look at Jason told Mallory that he knew Patrick was here all along, and that he knew exactly what they had been doing.

When Pete reached the front door, Mallory pulled back. "I forgot my jacket, I'll be right back."

Once she was out of earshot, Pete smiled at the guys before him. He winked, dug inside his jeans and pulled out a little black box. Patrick once again widened his eyes and wondered if his heart would fail on him now. He didn't care if Pete could see the hurt in his eyes.

"See you two later. Tell Mal that I'm going out already and to meet me on the street. Got a few calls to make," he said, smirking and leaving.

When Mallory showed up pulling her jacket on, Patrick was still rooted to the spot.

"Pete's outside," Jason offered.

Mallory sighed at the look on Patrick's face. "Try to forget how it feels inside," she whispered, quickly kissing his lips and closing the door behind her.

Patrick slowly walked to the bedroom and laid down on the bed, flat on his back and staring at the ceiling. "You should try saying no once in a while," Patrick whispered.
Sign up to rate and review this story