Categories > Anime/Manga > Gravitation > This Stretch of Road

Chapter 1

by autotoxicity 0 reviews

Tatsuha attempts to kill himself but the ghost of Kitazawa Yuki shows up to stop him. Things aren't as they seem as Kitazawa offers to help Tatsuha out of his funk. It's a curious journey filled wi...

Category: Gravitation - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Humor - Characters: Tatsuha - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-04-06 - Updated: 2007-04-07 - 262 words

1Original
This Stretch of Road
Chapter 1


I am Uesugi Tatsuha.

Brother to people with celebrity status and yet here I am: a monk in training in the old capital.

I am defined by my fanaticism to my god, Sakuma Ryuichi. Now, all the paths to him have been closed.

My father expects great things from me. But he views success differently from the rest of the new world. To him, my being a successor as the monk of this temple will represent all that he sees as pure and sacred. Far from being pure, I'm also not that simple. I am complicated. I am smart. I am funny. I am born to this new world. I don't like to be left behind especially with a responsibility that was not mine to begin with. I am contemplating the tantō that rests before me. White seems to be a good color for death.* Fare thee well, brother. I shall usurp your role as the drama queen of this family.

Very romantic.

Quite ironic.

I am going down that road to make a joke. The road to nothingness stretches ahead and I will begin the journey with honor and a blade to my guts.

TBC

I know it's nigh impossible for someone as hardheaded as Tatsuha to give up easy and commit suicide but it's such an interesting picture. I have to be bored for him.
*Traditional seppuku requires the person to die to wear white. Actually, there are more things needed for it to be a formal affair but we're dealing with a teenager here.
Sign up to rate and review this story