Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Need You by My Side

Prologue

by getup_n_go 4 reviews

How can you keep love a secret?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-04-02 - Updated: 2007-04-02 - 1023 words

2Original
"I Need You by My Side" by getupngo

Prologue

Through all the lows and highs

Pete made sure that everyone on the bus was asleep before he ventured out from the back room. Las Vegas had been fun, but now he had something important to do. Without making too much noise, he carefully pulled on some nice pants and a dress coat out of his pile of clothes and tossed them on, checking quickly in the tiny bathroom mirror to make sure he was looking relatively acceptable. Quietly, Pete escaped off the bus, walking quickly down the street before coming to a corner to hail a cab.

He jiggled his foot nervously as the cab turned each corner, bringing him closer to his destination. He was really going through with this. The thought brought a smile to his face, he was nervous as hell, but more excited then he could possibly put into words. The cab stopped in front of his destination and he sighed, tossing a twenty at the driver. He shut the door and stood nervously in front of the building, now feeling a strange mix of emotions that caused him to feel scared, worried, happy and thrilled all at the same time.

He pushed the heavy front door open and peered around and the very strange array of people, looking for the one person he came here for. Finally he saw her, standing against the wall looking more radiant than he could ever recall. She was wearing an empire waisted sundress, flat ballet shoes and her brunette hair was curled lightly. She caught his eyes and he walked quickly towards her, the pull she had on him was indescribable. He carefully placed his arms around her waist and pulled her close, kissing her softly as she smiled up at him.

"Are you ready?" he asked her softly. She nodded and placed a kiss on his cheek before sliding her hand down his heavily tattooed arm and entwining their fingers together. The pair walked forward, through another room that only had two people inside.

A witness and a Justice.

The pair continued their walk, both of their hearts beating faster as they approached the alter. They stopped and turned to face each other, offering a small smile.

"We are here this evening to witness the union of these two people, Peter Wentz and Kayli Reed. Do you have the ring?"

Pete swallowed hard and nodded. He couldn't remember now. Did he actually have the ring? Did he remember the grab the marriage license before he left his L.A. home? He reached into his pocket and grabbed the ring, surprised to find his hand a little shaky. He thought this was going to be no problem, but it was turning out he was more nervous than he would admit. He placed the ring at Kayli's hand as the Justice began the vows.

"Please repeat after me: I, Peter Wentz, affirm my love to you, Kayli as I invite you to share my life. I promise always to respect you and love you with kindness, unselfishness and trust; I will work by your side to create a life together. I take you to be my lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health for as long as we both shall live."

Pete repeated as he was instructed, a smile spreading widely across his face. He carefully slid the ring down her finger and Kayli felt her pulse rise and her heart swell.

"Kayli, if you would please repeat after me: I, Kayli Reed, affirm my love to you, Peter as I invite you to share my life. I promise always to respect you and love you with kindness, unselfishness and trust; I will work by your side to create a life together. I take you to be my lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health for as long as we both shall live."

Kayli also repeated as instructed and took the other ring out of Pete's hand and carefully placed it on his finger.

"By the power invested in me by the state of Nevada, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss."

Pete flashed his winning smile and leaned forward kissing Kayli softly but passionately as he too began to fell his heart swell. The pair thanked the Justice and their witness, and turned to leave, their first time together as husband and wife.

Once they got back out to the street, they both realized what had to come next. Most think of a honeymoon as the next step, but they were on a tour, which was headed to Arizona the next day.

"I don't want to leave you," Kayli said softly as her and Pete stood on the quiet street, embracing each other softly.

"I know, but I'll see you at the next stop, tomorrow morning," he replied. She sighed, slightly annoyed.

"Yeah, I know, but I wish it didn't have to be like this. I want to just be with you. We just got married, aren't we supposed to have crazy awesome married people sex now?" she said, looking over to him with a smile. Pete laughed a little and shook his head.

"We're getting a hotel tomorrow because we need to be in Arizona for three days. We'll have so much sex, you'll get sick of it," he replied. She leaned over and kissed him deeply before pulling away.

"Not likely. I guess this is goodbye for a few hours? I love you Pete," she said, kissing him once more.

"I love you too, Kayli. I'll see you later baby," he said. She sighed as she watched Pete slip his ring off his finger and place it on the chain around his neck. He walked to the corner and hailed a cab as he turned to see Kayli doing just the same.

*********

I think that we're on our way
Sign up to rate and review this story