Categories > Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender

Avatar: Destiny's will

by Darkstorm00 0 reviews

set 5 years after Ang and the gang beat ozai there is a plot by someone who was thought dead to over throw the fire nation and aang struggles within himself for the death he has caused.

Category: Avatar: The Last Airbender - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Aang, Katara, Sokka, Other - Published: 2007-04-07 - Updated: 2007-04-07 - 1384 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I don't own Avatar the last air bender or the characters their in. If I did Aang would be taller.

Chapter 1 Lost Time


The fire blast was easily deflected by Ozai. Aang stomped the ground and punched at the earth that came up, sending them flying at the fire lord. Ozai sent a fire blast that shattered the rocks Aang had thrown at him to pieces just as he knew he would. A quick flick of his glider to open only its tail and a massive air wave powered by the impromptu fan sent the rock chunks in to Ozai. He also borrowed water from Katara's water flask and sent a water whip at Ozai thinking that he might be disoriented.


Not disoriented enough, a fire blast evaporated the water whip. "This is what my ancestors feared. This is the great and powerful master of all elements, the avatar. You are hardly a threat to any one. I should kill any one who failed to beat you," The fire lord taunted.


Aang couldn't help but let his mind wonder a bit now that he was on the defensive to Ozai's fire bending furry. He thought of some of his first adventures after he was freed from the iceberg. Mainly about King Bumi in Omashu when he said typical air bender tactic avoid and evade. Aang knew he would have to go on the offensive but in a unique way. He would have to stop fighting like a person of a single nation but start fighting as the avatar. Aang launched his own series of fire blast aimed at Ozai but meant for the pillar to his right. Now that they had been fighting for nearly an hour Aang had seen him deflect enough of his attacks and knew that he was probably going to deflect it to the right and destroy the bottom of the pillar. Once enough of the pillar was destroyed Aang called out to the fire lord "Ozai this is your last chance to give up. If you don't you could be seriously hurt and I don't want that."


Ozai's deep fiery voice replied, "Boy you couldn't hurt me while your friends were conscious or with my fool of a son and uncle in my throne room. How do you expect to beat me now and here in one of my training grounds? I will crush you avatar, your friends, my disloyal family members, the water tribe solders in my city, and the world."


"Fire lord you couldn't be more wrong. I'm sorry for any thing that I may do to you." And with that Aang entered the avatar state. He sent a powerful fire and air blast to the top of the pillar and it began to collapse. At the same time he turned the ground below Ozai into a quick sand pit along with launching fire blast to prevent the fire lord from destroying the falling pillar. Once the fire lord's knees were covered in the sand Aang changed in back to rock just before the pillar collapsed.


The next thing that Aang remembered after awakening from the trance like avatar state was standing up to find the pillar and a pool of blood. Aang was horrified at what at he had done to win his fight against fire lord Ozai. As an Air Nomad monk he was taught that killing under any circumstance was wrong. Aang threw up at the realization of what he had done.

After cleaning himself up he walked over to his friends, more specifically Katara. He took her flask off her and poured some water onto her face. She woke up quickly. When she had completely awakened he told her what he had done.

_____


That's always when Aang woke up. That nightmareish-dream was very real it was in the fire nation Capital of Sozin five years ago. It was the last battle of the hundred year war that had torn the world apart. Aang hopped out of bed and threw his air nomad monk and necklace on, similar to the ones that monk Gyatso. He looked around his room; there wasn't much just a bed, a few candles, and a few robes. Aang didn't have much aboard this ship he didn't even have his old friend Appa he had let Katara and Toph borrow him to get to Sozin a few days sooner. Seeing how he couldn't get back to sleep Aang decided to go to the main deck to get some fresh air.


After having meditating on the main deck of the Yue-Suki for only a few minutes the captain of the ship walk toward Aang and called out, "Aang what are you doing up? You're going to need your strength to deal with the four nation council and the leaders of the nations."


"Have you ever wondered why they still insist upon calling it the four nation council? I mean we never found any other air benders, so when I die there will be no more except when the future avatars go into the avatar state," Aang replied just trying to change the subject.


"Well, I guess that means you just need to hurry up and find a wife and have kids. They would be air benders, right? I know you liked my sister when we were traveling the world to beat Ozai. What happened?"


"Sokka, you know what happened. Ozai. Had you been there when I told her what I had done to beat him... by Agni. Katara's face looked as if she was looking at a monster."


Sokka stayed quiet for a while then replied, "Well just like Toph said before we got engaged. Anything you do can be forgiven, just as long as both our hearts still beat the same. Its late thought both of us should turn in," Sokka walked away back toward the bridge and his at sea quarters.


Aang stood at the side of the ship for a long time. He brought up a few drops of water and began to spin them in a gesture that he found, over the years, to relax him. He decided that he would worry about Katara later right now he had to worry about his upcoming meeting with the four nation council and earth king, fire lord, and the leaders of the water tribes. Aang thought about the last time he was in Sozin, three and half years ago.

Start flash back

The entire city was gathered around the front of the palace. For the last year and a half the fire nation had been ruled by a military council consisting of four earth kingdom generals, Bato, Hakoda, and master Pakku of the water tribe, and Jeong Jeong along with Iroh of the fire nation. Today however was a special day. Today the fire nation was being returned to their own people, they were receiving a fire lord, and that fire lord was to be Iroh.


Iroh was kneeling before the large crowd as the fire priest stepped forward blessed the fire nation and the new fire lord. As he was about to place the crown of the fire lord on his head Iroh reached up and stopped him.


"I am just a simple man, with just simple taste. Especially when it comes to tea," he chuckled, "I am not meant to be fire lord, but there is on here that I have known a long time that is meant to be." He took the crown, with some mild objection, and walked over to the honored guest section were the rest of the military council, Aang, Toph, Katara, Sokka, and the next fire lord all sat.


"Prince Zuko your father, grandfather, great grandfather all ruled with Iron fists. I wish you to lead to with a gentler hand and a strong heart. I want you to be a fire lord of the people." He placed the crown on Zuko's head then bowed. "Hail, fire lord Zuko."

End flash back


Well at least this time Iroh wouldn't have any massive surprises for anyone.





A/N: this is my first fan fic, so you may have to work with me a little. Suggestions are appreciated. Also, just so that you know the first few chapters may be flash back heavy.
Sign up to rate and review this story