Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Know I'm Supposed To Love You

Ch. 2: I Comb the Crowd And Pick You Out

by x__carcrashheart 0 reviews

Scarlett meets her admirer and makes a new friend.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-04-07 - Updated: 2007-04-07 - 678 words

0Unrated
"Scarlett?"

I froze, looking around. All I could see was a fairly average, if not small, sized person-shape a few feet away.

"Who's there?" I challenged, trying and failing to make my voice sound mean.

"Me. Question mark boy, I guess." He laughed. "Call me Martin."

"Okay, Martin," I said, my tone of voice giving away the fact that I didn't trust him much. "So why did you want to see me tonight, Martin?" I asked, smirking slightly.

I heard a quick intake of breath. "I couldn't go on adoring you from the corners of school. It wasn't something I could see myself living with. I had to tell you somehow."

I nodded. "Got it," I said, though I was still a little sketchy on details. I squinted, trying to make out his face. "Can you at least step into the light, so I can see who you actually are?"

"Uh...I dunno," he said, which sounded odd to me.

"Are you deformed or something?" I asked, quirking my eyebrow.

"No!" he exclaimed. "Nothing like that. It's just that it's hard enough for me to admit my feelings to someone. I'm halfway there. I never even thought I could ask you for the time." His voice trembled as he spoke. "Soon."

"Alriiiight," I answered. I glanced down at the watch on my wrist. "Look, um, Martin, it's late and I have to get home..." I started to turn to leave, but his voice stopped me.

"Wait. Meet me here tomorrow? Same time, same place?" he asked. He sounded a little desperate.

I sighed, mulling it over. "Alright," I decided finally. "See you."

"See you, Scarlett. Good night."


I hurried home, went to bed.

The next day, I took care to look nice. Hell, if I had a secret admirer, I would want to look nice. When I got out of the shower, I toweled myself off and got dressed in my regular clothing: a striped black and grey polo shirt with the collar popped, a pair of skinny-legged jeans, a pink canvas belt, a white studded belt above it, and my disgustingly ragged yet cool black Converse low-tops. I straightened my blonde-black hair, and took the time to put on some hot-pink eyeshadow on along with my usual black liner, mascara and clear lip gloss. My nails always had black polish, still do to this day.

Anyways, I grabbed my schoolbag and went to school. I couldn't help but to look over my shoulder every few minutes. For all I knew, my secret admirer 'Martin' could be looking at me at that very moment. I also found myself wondering if he was the boy next to me, behind me, anywhere.

In second period, the teacher made a small announcement to the class before ushering inside a tall-ish, good looking guy. He took the seat next to me, as it was empty and towards the back of the class.

"Alright, class, we have a new student. Peter, can you tell us a bit about yourself?" she asked.

The guy nodded, obviously he was Peter. "Um, hey. I just transferred here. I'm 17, I play bass guitar, I like to write." He nodded, sitting down again. I eyed him from the corner of my sight. He had very tanned skin, and dark, almost black hair, with dark eyes. Quite good looking. I went back to my work, scribbling down the homework before the bell rang. Since we were at the back, we had to wait for the rest of the class to slowly file out. I was stuck near Peter, so I decided to strike up a conversation. "Hey, where do you live?" I asked, chewing my lower lip as we shuffled forward. "Uh, Vine Street," he answered. I smirked. "Oh, cool. I think I live two houses down from you. You moved in the other day, right?" I asked. He nodded, smiling lightly. "I'm Scarlett," I said. We finally got to the door. "See you later, Peter," I said. "Uh, call me Pete," he corrected. I nodded. "Right. Later, Pete."
Sign up to rate and review this story