Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Blinded feelings

Just the Begining

by Kakashi_lover 4 reviews

Neji is getting more and more attracted to Sakura... What will happen when Sasuke notices?

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Gai, Itachi, Kakashi, Naruto, Neji, Orochimaru, Rock Lee, Sakura, Sasuke, Tenten, Other - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-04-08 - Updated: 2007-04-08 - 3953 words

1Original
Blinded Feelings

Chapter 2

I just want to tell you all how much I appreciate all of your reviews!!! It makes me so happy to see people review and say how much they like my stories. I am so sorry I have not written much lately. I have been busy and will try to write more when I can...I never knew you people liked this story??? Like two people reviewed and I thought... okay... they don't like it... THEN out of no where you all started reviewing!!! I hope you enjoy the story and keep reviewing for me!!!

~0~o~0~

It was getting late outside and the sky and just started to turn a blood red. The bloody looking sky matched the color of the now blood red ground. The large squad had just run into some of Orochimaru's men. There had been a large struggle for what seemed like hours... every ones kunai's clanking, chakra being released right and left, the swift sound of hands whirling around as everyone quickly preformed their jutsu's, and a swirl of light appearing from each jutsu. Finally when the never ending battle was over the result was not as pleasing as one would hope.

The particularly large party of Leaf Nin had defeated the aggressive followers of Orochimaru. The squad made up of Naruto, Sasuke, Lee, Neji, Tenten, Kakashi sensei, and Gai sensei was all on the ground, including the medic who was supposed to be the last person standing, Sakura, was on the ground with the rest of her large team, all motionless, yet still alive. Sakura sat up where she was and looked around. She noticed her squad on the ground in pain and quickly recovered her chakra. Sakura first went to her sensei Kakashi, to heal him so he could give her orders, for he was the captain of this mission. Next she healed Gai sensei, Lee, Neji, and Tenten's sensei. Once they were healed and could feel less pain they thought over a plan while Sakura healed everyone else. Sakura healed Sasuke last for he was in more pain than everyone else was unconscious, and during that battle his cursed mark started to react. It would take awhile to heal him...

Sakura did many quick hand signs trying to seal the cursed mark but it was not working. Sakura could not reach the mark on Sasuke's shoulder so he had to take of his shirt. While Sakura healed Sasuke, Tenten drooled over seeing Sasuke without his shirt on, Lee trying to ease drop on Gai sensei and Kakashi's conversation, Naruto complaining about how he wanted ramen and Neji glared deeply at the shirtless Uchiha with hatred.

"Okay, well Sasuke doesn't seem to want to get up... I mean they were after him..." Kakashi stated calmly and accurately.

"So the only question is should he move on???" Gai ask in a gay (happy and full of fun... go look it up in the dictionary!!!! Pervs!!!) kind of way.

"I think we should stay here and rest. We are moving closer and closer to hidden sound territory. Don't forget two of the sound nins on Orochimaru side got away... they will for sure come back and attack. If we are to fight again we must be prepared. The team needs rest and I'm pretty sure once Sakura's done healing Sasuke she will be pretty close to losing all of her chakra." Kakashi replied unemotionally as usual.

Gai agreed as Kakashi whipped out his Icha Icha book. Lee ran around training, getting ready for more of Orochimaru's men to attack. Meanwhile Sakura had just finished healing Sasuke and had made Sasuke go take a nap. Tenten was trying to clam Lee down and get him to stop training to recover his strength. Naruto was trying to sneak glimpses of Kakashi's book out of boredom and Gai who was timing how fast it took for him to make a campsite to fit them all. That left Neji and Sakura sitting next to each other.

"So... how are you doing?" Neji asked Sakura trying to make it sound as casual as possible. Neji sat there thinking 'Does she know??? Does she know I like her??? Oh, my god!!! What am I going to do!!!!! ?'

Neji glanced over at Sakura so quick he thought he saw her laying down sleeping. What a minute... Neji did a double take to find Sakura lying on the ground sleeping peacefully. Neji looked at Sakura and just gazed at her. He gazed at her until he fell asleep.

"Neji, Neji..." someone called out...

"huh... is that Sakura calling my name???" Neji thought.

"HYUUGA!!! GET UP!!!" Neji opened his eyes to see an angry Uchiha in his face.

"Geez... you never get up do you!!!" Sasuke complained.

Neji got up and looked around, it was dark out. Everyone was sitting a little distance away eating their dinner. Sasuke had been told to go get Neji up for if he had slept any longer he would have missed dinner and they were not planning on saving leftovers in case someone found them and knew that they had stopped there. Neji remembering Sakura had been snoozing right next to him looked around curiously to see where Sakura was. He was about to ask Sasuke but he was already at the little campsite, Gai had made. So Neji began to walk toward all the noise and wonder smells of food.

~0~o~0~

"Oh, hi Neji, you finally got up. I was going to wake you up till I heard you're breathing was heavy and...." Sakura went on about the signs that showed that Neji needed more sleep. Meanwhile Sasuke was violently ripping meat off of a bone with his teeth, watching Sakura and Neji's conversation.

"Why is Sakura being so nice to me?" Neji thought, but Sakura had started talking again and the thought in Neji's head left as quickly as it came.

Later after everyone had eaten, some people had decided to go search the area, take a walk, sleep, read, and train, basically everyone did their own thing those last few hours of light before it turned dark. The only problem was Neji didn't know what to do? Then Sakura came walking in the direction of Neji.

"Hey Neji can I talk to you for a minute?" Sakura asked. Neji nodded his head for he was lost of words at the moment. "Come on let's take a walk while we talk..." (hey I just rhymed!!! Sorry back to the story...)

Neji and Sakura took off, randomly walking all over but making sure they were close to the camp. Finally Sakura began to speak.

"Neji... listen I know you don't like me and all but, I think we should at least try to get along. I would always yell at Naruto and Sasuke to get along with each other even though they hated each other, it wouldn't be quite fair if I was able to argue with you. Do you get where I'm coming from. It would probably make this mission a lot easier." Sakura explained.

"Okay," Neji responded. Neji was lost in his mind... Sakura wants to get along with me? I can't believe it!!! Before Neji could say anything else Sakura looked at the sky and panicked for the dark shadows on the ground were increasing immensely as the light from the orange red sun went down. They both headed back to the camp.

When Sakura and Neji arrived at the camp they found everyone already getting read for the night. Kakashi and Gai were racing to get the stuff they were going to sleep on that night, Tenten was trying to hold Lee back from attacking Kakashi for he was beating Gai in hop-scotch, Ino was trying to find food with Shikamaru, Choji was sitting down on an old stump eating away at bags of potato chips he had hidden, and there sat Sasuke looking more melancholy then ever...

"Oh, hey Neji!!!!!" Gai sensei yelled over to Neji as he pitched up another tent. "How 'bout you go get some fire wood!!!!! I mean MY team could stand the cold weather we will get tonight but Kakashi's team might freeze..."

"Oh, what a good idea..." Kakashi replied to Gai then looking Sasuke's way. "How about you go help Neji get fire wood... Sakura would you mind going to find Naruto? We haven't seen him in hours..."

Sakura nodded and ran off, Neji and Sasuke threw each other dirty looks then walked the opposite way of Sakura, meanwhile Gai was thinking how cool Kakashi.

~0~o~0~

Sasuke and Neji found a good tree, Neji swiftly began to do hand signs, until Sasuke did a nin jutsu which stopped his jutsu. Sasuke stepped back and swiftly did familiar hand signs... Neji had only seen him do this jutsu twice yet he remembered it... Chadori.

The roaring chakra in the palm of his hand sawed the tree to the stump. Sasuke smirked and Neji gave him a dirty look.

"You know... I may not be as smart as an Uchiha..." Neji said sarcastically. "but you don't like me... What did I ever do to you?" Neji asked Sasuke furiously.

Sasuke didn't say anything or show any sign of emotion for at least ten minutes later when he spat out a question that had been on his mind for awhile, "So what were you and Sakura doing together in the forest so long???"

"Why do you need to know," Neji spat back angrily.

Neji was beginning to notice something he had not seen in the Uchiha something he thought he would never see... jealousy.

"We were talking..." Neji replied.

"About what?"

"You know stuff..."

Sasuke was furious so Neji left it at that... "Heh, I win this round Uchiha..."

~0~o~0~

"Naruto... oh, come on where are you?" Sakura moaned... "Naruto... Naruto... Naruto?"

Maybe when Sakura was younger she would have started freaking out and screaming his name but Sakura was older now and thought things through staying calm as can be.

"If I was Naruto where would I be?" Sakura thought. "Well, that's easy... a ramen stand!!!! Okay, well there is only one problem... there are no ramen stands within like one hundred miles!!! That's when she heard the noise...

~0~o~0~

Trees were ripped apart; wholes were in the ground, chakra levels running low in the two boys who had started to battle.

"What's your problem Uchiha???" Neji stated between breaths.

"You!!! You think you're a big shot with your byakugan!!! I heard what you said to Sakura before we left on this mission, Neji, and you do not have the right to talk to her like that!!!" Sasuke somehow managed to say between breaths.

BAM!!!!!!!!!

"What was that!!!?" Neji asked more to himself than to Sasuke.

"I don't know... let's go it's probably Naruto..." Sasuke replied. To bad Naruto had just fell asleep in the forest and had already went back to the camp while Sakura was out looking for him.

~0~o~0~

Meanwhile Sakura is falling to the ground from the large monstrous amount of chakra that just hit her.

"Well, who do we have here???" said a man with blonde hair in a ponytail. You could not see all of his eyes for he had a side bang that covered it.

"I didn't know cherry blossoms bloomed in this season?" A man with black hair and red eyes that pierced through his cloak replied. This is not this first time Sakura saw that red glint a someone's eye... she saw it in Kakashi sensei's and Sasuke's eyes as well...

"Hahahahahaha!!!" the group of men standing around her started laughing. The group each wore an identical black cloak with red cloud like symbols covering them. The man standing next to the blonde haired man had red bushy hair. She had seen him before... he had a giant puppet that scared Sakura just to look at it. That wasn't the scariest guy there though... Sakura definitely wanted to start freaking out when she saw the man standing next to the guy with bright red eyes. The guy had a wacky grin on his face that made any one squirm. The oddest part was that the man looked like a shark!!! He was the one who laughed the hardest.

"Damn it!!!" Sakura groaned as her attempt to get up failed.

"Sorry Kunoichi, that's a top notch paralyzing jutsu." The man with bushy red hair laughed out. "You won't get out of that jutsu unless Itachi here undoes it..."

They all laughed at Sakura again. Sakura was beginning to get furious, "What do you want with me!!! You don't know me or anything about me!!!"

"I bet I can guess your name though cherry blossom." The man with the blonde ponytail said. "Ummm... it certainly can't be Sakura... there's no way!!!" (in case you are slow like me... ^-^ Sakura is another name for Cherry Blossom Trees... some people call them Sakura Blossoms)

Again they all laughed and Sakura grew even more mad...

"Grrr..." Sakura made a little sound that sounded like a growl and a groan... it was hard to tell which.

"Hey, Kunoichi calm down... we know you are on the nine tail foxes team... We just need a little bait." Shark boy explained (Sakura gave them all nicknames). "Don't worry we'll let you go after we get the Kuubi."

"Let me go!!! Naruto won't come after me by himself!!! He knows you are after him!!!" Sakura spat back. She was still not sure where Naruto was and would probably have started worrying about him if the Akatsuki had not started talking again.

"How about this... if you're good and keep quiet Itachi might do a little somethin' somethin' with you, if u know what I mean..." Puppet boy whispered while raising his eyebrows up and down at Sakura.

"Shut up! You are nothing but a bunch of dorks who are hiding because you are to afraid of getting captured by your villages! You are nothing but cowards! You all are..." Sakura was about to continue but was cut off.

"You know... for a pink haired little girl tied up and surrounded by S-class ninja, you are pretty confident.... You got spunk." Blonde boy said restlessly.

~0~o~0~

And again they all laughed... but as they laughed and Sakura lay on the ground trying to think of a plan... no one realized two other young boys' running back toward camp to report what they had just seen to there team.

"We have to tell Gai and Kakashi sensei what we saw immediately... at lest we know they aren't going to hurt her, unless they find Naruto that is." Neji said.

"Who cares!!!? We need to get Sakura out of their! She's with the Akatsuki. Nothing could be worst than that!" Sasuke replied. That wasn't the lest of his troubles though. Sasuke heard what puppet boy said to Sakura... their conversation came back to him... "How about this... if you're good and keep quiet Itachi might do a little somethin' somethin' with you, if u know what I mean..." The last thing Sasuke wanted was his brother, his older brother Itachi anywhere near Sakura.

"Come on Uchiha, stop day dreaming," Neji snapped at Sasuke.

~0~o~0~

Well Sakura was still laying on the ground while Shark boy sat next to her on her right and Pretty boy sat next to him on his right. Then to Sakura's left sat Puppet boy, then ponytail boy, then last but not lest plant boy... he was the quietest of them all and second scariest... Kisame was the first. They were just sitting there on the ground like nothing was happening. Every now and then they would have a conversation but it was a very short conversation. Sakura was bored out of her mind. She told herself she wasn't going to fall asleep but, it was so quiet! Sakura was used to her loud mouthed blonde teammate, that any long moment of silence felt awkward. Sakura tried so hard not to scream, it was so quiet for so long. Instead of screaming... she fell asleep.

~0~o~0~

"Well, I guess your Kunoichi isn't as strong as you say, Kakashi." Gai said in a mocking kinda way.

"No, your kidding us right, Neji," Kakashi said shockingly.

"No, he's not... we saw her. She was sprawled out on the ground; they used some jutsu on her body. She's completely defenseless," Sasuke explained. "We have to go get her and find Naruto, now..."

"Oh, poor Sakura-chan! I will save her!!! I'M COMING SAKURA-CHAN!!!"

"YOU!!!" Sasuke screeched.

"Yeah, what about me! Come on we have to..." Sasuke cut him off.

"Naruto, you IDIOT! How long have you been here?" Sasuke hollered.

"Ummm... I came back around the time you left to go chop wood with Neji and Sakura when out to look for me. Why? Ummm... Sasuke are you okay? Why are you turning red? Sasuke... Sasuke?" Naruto asked.

"It's all your fault she got taken by the Akatsuki! If you had been back when you were supposed to she wouldn't have been stuck with, with, with..." Sasuke just could not continue his sentence the though of Sakura with him was enough.

"I can't help the fact that I was tired and fell asleep!" Naruto yelped.

"Naruto, Sasuke, stop it..." Neji snapped. "Sakura is in trouble and you're to busy arguing to do anything about it!" Neji also said rather heroically.

"Neji's right, you guys stop arguing. Come on we need to get going. Oh, but Naruto you can't come with us..." Kakashi explained.

"What!?!?!" Naruto yelped yet again.

"Naruto, have you forgotten? The Akatsuki are after you, and there just using Sakura to get to you. If you jump out they can easily kill her or who knows what they'll do with her." Kakashi said with a sigh. He didn't want to mention the fact that there were more awful things to do to a person than killing.

"Then what are we standing around for let's go! Neji, Sasuke, lead the way." Gai said cutting into the conversation.

And they all where off after Sakura...

~0~o~0~

"How can you resist that calm pretty face of that little cherry blossom?" Ponytail boy laughed out as he watched Sakura sleeping.

"Heh, heh... man I am so bored when is that Kuubi going to get here?" Shark boy complained.

"Uhhh, I don't know? Stop complaining it's only been two hours... he might not come out to find her until tomorrow, but hey I don't mind if the Kunoichi stays." Puppet boy replied.

~0~o~0~

"When are we going to get there?" Tenten complained. "I was getting ready to go to bed too..."

"Huh!!! Tenten how could you say that! Sakura all alone with some dark characters at night! She is probably scared and waiting for me to come and save her... I'M COMING Sakura-chan!" Lee stated proudly.

"That's my Lee!" Gai said in crocked voice as he tried to hold back tears.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" The Akatsuki's laughter could be herd from nearby.

"Here! She's right here!" Neji said in a hushed voice.

Kakashi, Lee, Neji and Sasuke (who may I mention where fighting for a spot in the bush where they could immediately run out and save Sakura) stood waiting for the right time to strike. Sakura obviously waiting sleepily (she was still sleeping) and Naruto who was not allowed to come for they feared the Akatsuki would take him. Other than that the whole team was there. Awaiting for a sign that told them to ambush.

~0~o~0~

Sakura abruptly woke up... She felt something... something familiar... she had felt it many times before. They were familiar chakra signatures. No they couldn't be... Sakura thought but she felt it and knew for sure it was THERE chakra.

"Darn it! Why did they come! Oh, Thank goodness I don't feel Naruto's chakra! Still, why did they come! I am perfectly fine... if Naruto didn't show up they would have left me eventually... I mean even if they did hurt me, I'm a medic, it's no big deal. Ohhh, they better not come out." Sakura thought.

~0~o~0~

That's when it all began...

"Hey, would you look at that... we got ourselves a smart Cherry Blossom..." Pretty boy said. "She woke up right when I felt the nearby chakra. Hey Cherry Blossom, you can feel that to can't you?" Pretty boy almost purred as the rest of the Akatsuki cracked up hysterically.

Sakura gave another groan.

That's when it happened... they ambushed the Akatsuki, the Akatsuki struck back... hard. That did not stop them from fighting back though... Kunais' flung from every direction, the colors of jutsus' filling the night sky with rainbows, and the soft breeze coming from each of their swift hand motions. Unfortunately, Lee and Tenten were down, and the Akatsuki were popping out every so often. The only two who had showed their face was Kisame (Shark boy) and Sasori (Puppet boy). The rest of the Akatsuki that were there were waiting eagerly in nearby trees and bushes.

"Sakura, don't worry we'll get you out of here," Kakashi said hastily as he just dodged a kunai sent his way from the appearing Itachi (Pretty boy).

You and I both know what Sasuke wants the most... to avenge his clan... by killing his brother, Itachi. There he was just standing there like he was waiting for someone to kill him... Sasuke was ready and started running as he gathered chakra to do his signature jutsu, the Chadori.

He heard the Akatsuki telling him not to and that would not be a good idea, to attack Itachi. He didn't listen till someone on the ground was pleading his name, "Sasuke... SASUKE DON'T KILL HIM!!!"

It was Sakura who said that, Sasuke was so stunned, until Sakura's voice was heard again, "Sasuke you can't kill him! If you do I will be paralyzed forever... He is the only person who can take this jutsu off for he's the one who put it on me! Please Sasuke... I'm begging you..."

Sakura really was desperate she could not move at all and felt small and helpless... If she planned to be able to move again Itachi was going to have to stay alive..."

Sasuke stopped and stared blankly as everyone stopped fighting... the Akatsuki laughed, as Sasuke's head spun around and around. Neji already planned out if Sasuke attacks Itachi he was going to attack Sasuke and make sure Itachi releases the jutsu on Sakura.

Sasuke was still confused... his head hurt... Should he attack and kill the man he had been training so hard and poured his whole life into killing... or should he let him go free and help his teammate that he had been feeling a little soft spot for lately... either way Sasuke did what he thought was right... that's when he did it... They all could not believe Sasuke had chose what he did...

DUN DUN DUN!!! TO BE CONTINUED!!!!

~0~o~0~

You all hate me now right...???...???... You won't get to know what happens till the third chapter... hahahahahaha!!! I feel sooooo evil right know. Okay, I promise I will release the third chapter faster than I did this time that's for sure!!! I hope you all enjoyed the story and PLEASE... PLEASE!!! RATE AND REVIEW!!!! It's the lest you can do for me!!! That's half the reason I wasn't planning on continuing Blinded feelings cause... I didn't think you liked it since only two people reviewed... so KEEP REVIEWING OR I WILL GO INSANE!!! (well... more insane than I am already... =) Thank u for reading!!! Oh and read some of my other stuff too!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story