Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Patrick's Nightingale

Chapter 1: The Happy Accident

by Dancemandydance 6 reviews

This is a story for my dear friend, Diana. I know I've written all Pete stories so far, but I'm going to take a bit of a departure and go with a different P for this one - Patrick. Enjoy, loves.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-04-10 - Updated: 2007-04-11 - 860 words

1Moving
-Diana's POV-

I had seen Fall Out Boy live once before, and it was the best night of my life - until tonight. Tonight I felt something strange. It started in my feet and went all the way up to my head when the lights came down on the crowd and the boys stepped out onstage.
Tonight was going to be a night to remember. My friend Lizzi had just moved in from the UK to go to school here. She had literally just moved her things into my apartment that morning (I was letting her stay with me until she got a job squared away). Tonight was our first night out together, seeing our favorite band, the guys we've loved for years.
I had gotten early entry, being an Overcast Kid and all, and decided to go right to the middle so I good be eye-line with Patrick, who always had a special spot in my heart. Don't get me wrong, I loved the other guys, but Patrick just did something to me.
"Good evening Chicago!" Pete said over the mic. "It's so good to be back fucking home, we can't even tell you." The crowd erupted, along with me, and then the boys started to play. They were going crazy, enjoying every second of it. I had honestly never seen Patrick get so into a performance before - he was all smiles the entire time. That is, until Joe got a little to zealous with his Trohmania, hitting Patrick and causing him to hit the floor - hard.
"Holy shit!" I yell.
"Fuck! Patrick, are you okay? Get the EMTs, Charlie!" yells Pete.
"I'm on it," Charlie says, running off.
The crowd is silent - waiting for any sign of life from Patrick who is still lying on the floor and not moving an inch. Finally Charlie comes on the stage - alone - and whispers in Pete's ear.
"What the hell?" I ask Lizzi.
"I don't know, luv."
"I can't believe I'm fucking asking this," said Pete over the mic, "but is anyone a doctor or a nurse or anything? The EMTs got called away because of this huge fire."
"I'm a nurse!" I yell. I can't believe I just did that. Granted, I am a nurse, but I've had a crush on Patrick for so long and I thought I would freeze the moment I met him. I didn't freeze - I was totally calm. I knew exactly what I needed to do.
"Get her up here," says Joe. Thank God I was against the barricade, because it was easy for Charlie to get me. I rush over to Patrick, who is STILL unconscious.

-Patrick's POV-

I don't know what the fuck just happened. I was singing, rocking out, having a great time, and then I'm out like a light. I hear people around me, but all I see is black - I'm scared shitless. I hear some familiar voices:
"Patrick! Patrick, wake up!" That's Pete.
"I can't believe I did that. I'm such a fucktard. Patrick, wake up, dude!" That's Joe.
"The first thing we need to do is get him off the stage - I don't want any of the fans to freak out because of the blood." I don't recognize this voice, but I like it. It's calming, it's sweet, and I want to see the face that goes with it. I feel myself getting picked up by tons of hands and brought backstage and plopped on the couch. Damn it, what the hell happened to me? I feel something cold on my head and still, tons of voices surrounding me. I need to open my eyes. I force my eyes open and see her - she has such a beautiful face and beautiful blue eyes; I can't help but smile.
"His eyes are opened!" Andy exclaims. "Look, he's smiling."
"Hi," I whimper, "What happened?"
"Shhh," the girl says, patting my head with a damp cloth. "You got knocked out. You have a big gash on your head and I think you might have a concussion. Don't talk...okay?" she smiles.
"Okay...I think I'm gonna pass out again, okay?" I slur before conking out again.

- Diana's POV-

"We're here!" someone says from the hallway - it's the EMTs. "Sorry, we got a bit held up. What's up?" they say, pushing me away. "We've got this, hun, you can go back to your friends now." I frown, but step away because I know it's their job. I walk away and nobody notices. I don't blame them, though, because if it was my best friend who was hurt I would be going insane.
"Is he okay?" Lizzi asks after I walk out from backstage.
"I don't know. The EMTs got there and they're taking care of it now. He looked really hurt though. He definitely needs to go to the hospital."
"Jesus, I hope he's alright," she sighs. "Maybe you'll be his nurse, though," she winks, "and he'll fall for you like a Florence Nightingale kinda thing."
"You're crazy," I giggle, putting my arm around her. "I'm sure he'll be okay, but I'll definitely check on him first thing tomorrow when I go into work."
Sign up to rate and review this story