Categories > Original > Romance > Older Than Me, Younger Than You

Candy Kisses

by sesshyfanchick 3 reviews

the fair! ^o^

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-04-10 - Updated: 2007-04-11 - 3481 words

0Unrated
DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN UGGS...because i loath them o-0
AND I ALSO DON'T OWN LOST because...i also loath that too 0-o

CHAPPEH 8: CANDY KISSING

He was asleep now, his chest rising and falling steadily. Once in a while I would see his eyelashes flutter, his body shifting in response. It was amazing how peaceful he looked when sleeping. It was as if he weren't a crazy and sadistic little bastard. His cheeks were slightly tinged red, probably due to the heat from the blankets. His hair was even messier than before, due to the lack of "combage". I watched as his thumb involuntarily rubbed against the fabric of the blankets.

I watched him like that, just staring at his placid form. It truly was a sight to behold, he looked almost fake, just for a second though. I sighed to myself and got up from his bed, trying not to add too much pressure as to wake him. I didn't really want to deal with his grumpiness if I were to accidentally wake him up.

I suddenly stopped, amazed at myself. Why should I even care? I looked down at him, his body still sleeping peacefully on his bed. He was so mean, so sadistically brutal that I wanted to hit him, do anything to repay him for all the thoughtless things he had done to me. Yet, my eyes softened. He was asleep. Even though I seethed inside; loathed his actions, I suppose I could let all those tainted feelings go for just those brief moments when he was gone from the world. He couldn't do any harm to me while he was sleeping, could he? I shivered. I didn't want to start giving myself ideas...

"Sleep with me..."

I found myself reflecting on his words. I touched my face with the tips of my fingers, running over my heated cheeks. It was tempting, very tempting. I gulped, mortified at what I was about to do. I walked back over to him, stopping right in front of his slumbering self. I stared down at him, mesmerized by his breathing. Maybe, just for this once I'll obey him without fret. Besides, he's the one that ordered me to right?

I clambered onto the bed, making my way near him, but not too close. I didn't want him to try anything...if those were his intentions. I shuffled inside of the blankets, drawing the covers over my body. I felt warm and cozy, since I had ditched my sweater earlier at my house and the cold breeze was no longer raking against my skin. I turned my back to him, drawing up my legs and adjusting the pillow. It felt really nice, no doubt about that.

I closed my eyes, my mind already slipping into the state of dreams. It was funny that I was even up here, like this...it truly felt like some sort of weird dream. My eyes fluttered open, trying to keep awake, but I suppose I gave in too easily because before I knew it, sleep had claimed me.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD

It was so warm. Why was it so warm?

I opened my eyes, my line of vision a bit blurry from the sleep. I rubbed the gunk out of my eyes, surveying my surroundings. That's right, I fell asleep in Real's room. I made to move, but was suddenly held back. I looked down and found two hands wrapped snuggly around my waist. I stared at the black chipped nail polish on the hand's nails. Whoever those hands belonged to really needed to add another coating of black.

I stiffened when something nuzzled into me, the arms that were wrapped around my waist tightening. Then I realized something, something dreadfully mind boggling.

I was in Real's room, in his bed...who else would be hugging me? I turned my head around slowly, hoping to not see Real there. I jumped as my hopes suddenly crashed and burned, just like those Lost people.

There was Real sure enough, his eyes still shut and his face looking peaceful and relaxed. He was leaning in really close, almost snuggling his face into my back. My eyes were wide, my mouth wide open. What was I supposed to do?! I didn't want to wake him up, that would just lead to unwanted confrontation.

My heart was pounding so fast that I thought it would jump right out of my chest. Just as I thought that it couldn't get any worse, he said something.

"Mmm...Katie."

I stiffened, my eyes widening even wider. Katie. He was thinking of Katie. I turned to look at him and was only met with his closed eyelids. It felt weird to be this close to him while he was thinking about some other person. Who was Katie anyway?

For some reason I felt dejected, as if a heavy piece of poisonous lead were weighing down on my heart. Obviously this Katie person was someone important, important enough for him to talk about her in his sleep. Suddenly, I didn't feel like being near him anymore, at least not for a while.

I slipped out of his arms, draping them over the blankets instead. I scrambled off the bed cautiously, making sure to keep quiet. I stared back at him and had to fight myself to keep from laughing. His mouth was wide open, a spit bubble rising out of his mouth. Disgusting, yet cute.

With strange emotions irking me, I opened the door and stepped out into the hall. I slowly made my way through the hall, down the stairs and out the front door. It was amazing that Sheryl hadn't suspected anything, either that or she was amazingly air-headed.

I stepped over the strip of grass separating his house from mine. The wind rushed past me, ruffling my hair and scraping against my skin. It was going to be another cold night, just like last night. That only meant one thing: bring a sweater.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD

"Monkey!" Mom called from downstairs. I poked my head out of the room, then went back inside my room. I combed my hair and grabbed my jade-green sweater, draping it hastily over myself. It seemed that Real was indeed right about the fair. We were going at 6:00 P.M. and it was currently 5:30 P.M. I assumed that Mom and Sheryl had made plans last night, while I was with Real no doubt, to go the fair together. You could say that I wasn't delighted when Mom relayed this news to me. How wonderful.

I slowly made my way downstairs. My leg didn't hurt as much anymore, I just didn't want to break open the scab. I didn't really need any more blood stained clothes.

Mom was waiting for me impatiently, her arms draped over the banister. She rolled her eyes and blew a kiss at me.

"Finally, I was about to come up there with the scissors," she huffed, blowing a strand of hair from out of her face. I grimaced at her and patted the pockets of my jeans.

"Ew," I replied and made my way to the door. I turned the knob and stepped outside. The chilly air hit me with full force. The sun wasn't even down yet and it was this cold. My brown hair fluttered in the breeze, no doubt to get tangled. It seemed that everybody was against me today.

I clambered down the porch steps, making my way to the car, but I stopped. It was odd; it felt as if someone were watching me...rather intently. I looked around, one of my eyebrows cocked in suspicion. Yes, I could definitely feel it, a ghastly, penetrating stare.

"You must be Real, right?" Moms voice boomed from the house.

"Where?" I practically screamed. While moving frantically, I ran smack dab into something. I stared up at the "something", rubbing my nose. That really hurt.

Two black orbs glinted down at me, shining with renewed fire.

"Jumpy, I see," Real whispered and smirked. I took a step back, giving him the evil eye. When did he have the right to sneak up on me like that?! I looked him down. I saw that he had changed his attire. He donned a slim, purple long-sleeved shirt. Gashes in the fabric of the shirt ran along both of his arms, a fishnet material clearly visible underneath. I gaped at his pants, they were really...form fitting if one could say that. They were a very dark black color and this time they were rid of all those pins and designs like the last pair, just a simple chain hooking from one belt loop to the other.

I gaped at his hair. Wow...as if he couldn't get any weirder. It was stylishly done, his blond fringe exceptionally blond at the moment. Strands of jagged black hair poked out from every direction, two little pig-tails sticking out from behind. He had done his hair...in pig-tails...how odd. It was even more bewildering that it suited him...very well might I add. I looked down at my own attire. I hadn't even changed, still sporting black shorts that reached my knees. I was looking exceptionally boyish.

Just then Mom passed by, ruffling my hair as she went to our gray Nissan. She jammed the keys into the door, clambered in and started the car. I saw the window roll down, her smile beaming.

"You wanna' ride with us or with your mom?" she asked Real, looking into her rear-view mirror. Real looked from me to his car, as if truly deciding upon something urgent.

"I don't know, let her decide," he looked down at me, giving me a wry grin. How I truly loathed him at times.

"Sure," I said quickly and hastily made my way over the car. I climbed into the front passenger seat and buckled myself in. It wasn't as if I could just say no, that would be really rude, besides...I'd probably hear a lecture from my mom on how it's rude to tell people to "fuck off" even though you weren't actually saying it directly.

Real followed soon after, he too strapping himself in. I looked up at the sun-visor, looking into the mirror that was embedded into it. I saw Real. He was staring right at me, his eyes threatening and menacing. I looked away, but couldn't stay away as I found myelf looking into the mirror yet again. This time he flickered his tongue at me seductively. I quickly shut the sun-visor and pressed myself against the seat.

Sicko.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD

"Welcome to the carnival!" Mom proclaimed, honking the horn in the process.

"I thought it was a fair," I corrected.

"Same thing," she said quickly and averted her eyes to the front again. After a few moments of trying to find a parking space, we settled in, each of us stepping out of the car. I straightened my shorts and looked up. The place was huge.

Since the sun had already gone down, the fair lights were glooming against the backdrop of the night sky. Huge rides at least 30 feet tall loomed in the air, some swishing against the wind, some twirling with vigilant ferocity. Screams and cheers could be heard throughout, the smell of popcorn, cotton candy and chocolate filling the air. It looked magical, especially at night.

I found Real standing next to me, his eyes wide and searching the carnival-like place. Maybe he was mesmerized too.

I looked in back of me, seeing Sheryl park right next to us. She stepped out of her black car and locked the doors. I quirked an eyebrow in suspicion. Where was his dad?

"Where's your--?"

"Fuck him."

I shut my mouth, averting my gaze back to the bright lights and monstrous machines. Something was up between him and his father, but if he didn't want to talk about it then I guess there was no use in trying to pry it out of him. No doubt he'd probably get riled in my asking.

We all started walking towards the entrance, with me trailing behind. I never liked to walk in front of people, it felt weird because you knew that in some way or another they were staring at you. I smiled as my ears were filled with up-beat, racey music, the kind that a horde of clowns would dance to. I found myself tapping my fingers along with the music, the bright lights adding a magical effect.

Masses of people walked this way and that, some with sticks of pink cotton candy, others with huge bears clamped within their arms. As we paid for our admission and stepped in, I was amazed at all the big rides that were there. I watched in delight as a couple was stretched out like a sling-shot and flung into the air. All the while they were screaming.

My insides were jumping in excitement, bewildered at the sounds and sights before me. My nine-year-old nature was starting to call forth.

I looked for Real, to see what his reaction was, because he was being especially quiet at the moment.

His eyes were looking everywhere, probing through the mass of people. It was as if he were searching for something. I found myself looking around as well, trying to help him in his frivolous search. It was really embarrassing because I had enjoyed it, searching for this invisible something, until I realized he wasn't searching for something, he was searching for someone.

I stopped, looking down at the ground. I felt pathetic. I glimpsed at him, his black eyes still wandering around. He was searching for Katie, I just knew it.

It stung a lot, and no I didn't mean the cut, my heart. The worse part of it all was that I didn't know why. Why was I feeling like this? Why did I care if he was searching for someone other than me?

I went up to Mom, tugging at her brown coat. She looked down at me, smiling her best smile. She was enjoying the sights of the fair as well. I put on my best nothing's-wrong-with-me look and grinned.

"Mom, is it okay if I go on some of the rides?" I asked. She nodded and dug through her purse, pulling out a crisp $20 bill. She handed me the money, crinkling it within the palm of my hand.

"Don't get yourself raped now," she said happily and took off with Sheryl to god knows where.

"Ha-Ha...yeah," I muttered and placed the money in my pocket. I looked back at Real who was of course, still searching for that special someone. I glared at him and sighed. I guess it couldn't be helped.

I walked away from him, leaving him by himself. I wouldn't let him stand in my way of having fun. Tonight was gonna' be fun, no ifs, ands or buts about it. I smiled. This is what it was like to be strong.

The scent of fair-food quickly took my mind off things, the sounds of the impish carnival-like music sending rapid, soulful vibes. I looked around at all the little shops packed with strange items. I stopped by one boutique in particular. The bright yellow stars surrounding it had attracted my attention and I couldn't help but be lured to it.

I went up to the counter, peering into the tiny shop. It was pitch black, surrounded by black velvety curtains. The type of curtains you found in a school auditorium.

"Hello there!"

I yelped, almost falling over the counter. I stabilized myself, standing up straight. I was met by two sharp blue eyes. They were so blue that I thought I would drown in them.

A tall boy stood behind the counter, probably a teenager, with long white hair that reached past his shoulders only to be tied back in a high ponytail. I still marveled at his hair. It was as white as salt!

"I know, you're probably wondering why a good looking boy like me is working at a place...like this," he said merrily, beaming me his best smile. I blushed. He was really...pretty.

"But enough about me," he continued, placing his elbow on the counter to lean on it. He was now at my level."You're sending me rather frizzled vibes little one, tell me, what's on your mind?" I stared at the white haired boy. Did he die his hair that color...or was it natural?

I shook myself free of my random thoughts and focused upon his statement. Well, he was right. I didn't feel too up to par, but what right did he have in prying into my business?

"Mean boys," I replied. I guess I could give him a few rights, yeah?

He tsked at me, shaking his head elegantly.

"What a shame, you'll get used to them though," he chirped. He stretched out his hand, his fingers tucking away a few strands of hair behind my ear. He then withdrew his hand, coming out with a vermilion red rose. My eyes widened with splendor, marveling at the beautiful flower. How did he do that?

"Feel better?" he breathed, his face leaning into mine. I blushed at the closeness. He didn't feel like an evil person, besides, he had cheered me up. I had almost forgotten about Real and his Katie...almost. The boy suddenly stopped, his sharp blue eyes staring at something to the side of me. He backed away, a wry grin twisting upon his pale lips.

"May I help you?" he asked dryly. I turned my head around and almost stabbed myself with the rose's thorns.

"Real," I whispered. Sure enough, like any cliche moment, he was standing there, arms at his sides. His eyes were venomous, pointed with a feral glare wedged within them. I looked around. Was he ticked or was it just me? I gulped when his glared traveled from the boy to me. They squinted in anger.

"REAL!!!"

I snapped my head towards the direction of the high-pitched voice.

A teenage girl came running down the dirt pathway, her long blond hair trailing after her. Her arms were stretched out, ready to give a lonely passerby the hug of a life-time. I was even more shocked when those arms wrapped around Real.

I stared at them, gaping at the scene. She looked strangely...girly, adorning a pink blouse, a denim mini skirt and a pair of beige Ugg boots. Seriously...what in the world was happening?

Then, the seconds ticked by. I watched in slow motion as she lifted her head, her lips closing in upon Real's face. And then they met, their lips closing together as one. I was mortified, shocked that she would do something so outlandish. Surely Real would push her away. Right?

I found myself standing there as the moments passed and they were still lip-locking, "swapping spit" as one would call it. Why wouldn't he move away? Why was he still kissing her??

"Move," I muttered to myself, my feet edging away from the horrifying scene. "Why won't you stop?" My head was spinning, my heart weary and heavy. Why did it hurt so much? To see them...like that?

I walked away slowly, hiding myself behind the thick curtains of the boutique. I'd just sneak away unnoticed, so I wouldn't have to humiliate myself any further. Once out of view, I ran.

I ran away from them. I ran away from Real, I ran away from the bubbly blond, I ran away from the new, undiscovered pain. The music was growing more loud, more hauntingly blithe. It was surrounding me, mocking me. Music wasn't supposed to laugh at you, was it?

So lost in my grieving thoughts I didn't notice when a pair of hands wrapped around my waist. I didn't notice when I was pulled into a nearby boutique and I surely didn't notice my tears that were freely falling, staining someone's shirt.

I agreed with 18th century women: it sure sucked to a be a girl.

BWA HA HA..ha...ha o.o;
yush, chappeh 8 completed!! man, i wish i was at a fair right now D: i'd go on a candy craze :D
anyways, thanks for reading this far my peeps and please leave a review...please...OR I SHALL FONDLE YOU IN WAYS..so evil...so cunning...that...you'd be scarred for life o-0

EXTRA: those of you are prolly' wondering, whats the deal with the scissors? ya noe, that part when Rey's mom is waiting impatiently downtairs for Rey to hurry for the fair? well, in my family, when one is taking an exceptionally long time taking a shiznit, we yell "you need the scissors??!!" 0-0...(cough)

oh gawd...im odd D: PLEASE REVIEW :D
Sign up to rate and review this story