Categories > Original > Mystery > The Assignment

Lucius

by lost_in_the_shuffle 0 reviews

Sometimes people aren't what they seem.

Category: Mystery - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-04-10 - Updated: 2007-04-11 - 471 words

0Unrated
A Year Later

Pierre answered a knock on the door, and stared in shock. Lucius stood on the threshold, Pierre quickly stepped out and shut the door. "What are you doing here?" He hissed as he grabbed hold of Lucius' arm. "I told you I was out of the business, my wife is pregnant, I own a bookstore. My life is different now." He jerked his hand away, "you have no place in my life, go away." Lucius smiled contemptuously, "now Rene," he said cruelly. "Is that anyway to treat a old friend who just came by for a visit? I have a mind to go to your wife, Monica isn't it? And tell her about all the old times we've had together." He chuckled wickedly, "I'm sure she'll find them most interesting. Especially the one about how you were going to use her to plant a bomb." Pierre looked around and led Lucius out to the backyard, he hissed, "what do you want? Do you want money?" Lucius laughed dryly, "what I need is a place to hide out. The feds are on my tail, have been since we helped Kevin Petterson escape. I thought to myself, where could I go that the feds would never look?" He spread his arms, "the answer came to me. Pierre's house," he leaned forward. "Now this is what we're going to do, you are going to welcome your old friend Lucius to visit. And I won't tell your wife about your true plans when you met and seduced her." Pierre rubbed his eyes, "all right you can stay, but only for a week." Lucius smiled and said somehow I knew you would say that. He turned to go around the front, when a dull clang broke the silence, Lucius fell forward like a bag of stones. Pierre threw the shovel, that had been leaning against the shed, aside and checked Lucius' pulse. He found none, quickly he stood up and opened the door to the shed, he pulled out a piece of tarp and laid it on the ground. Grabbing Lucius' feet, Pierre quickly dragged him onto the tarp. He rolled up Lucius' cooling corpse and hoisted it up over his shoulder. He opened the trunk and dumped the body inside, slamming the lid. He got into the car and sped out of the driveway, he drove out of the village and into the surrounding mountains. Finally Pierre pulled off the road, he walked back to the trunk and opened it. Looking around he lifted the tarp wrapped body over his shoulder and walked into the woods, he went a ways and came to a ravine. He threw the corpse over the side and watched it vanish. "You drove me to this Lucius," he said than turned and walked back to the car.
Sign up to rate and review this story