Categories > Anime/Manga > Death Note > Shades of Emotion

Red

by feawen 0 reviews

LxRaito rating may go up... A series of one-shots for every colour of the rainbow, well a group of random colours I felt like writing about anyway...

Category: Death Note - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: L, Yagami Raito - Published: 2007-04-11 - Updated: 2007-04-11 - 468 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Death Note. I would like to though. It'd be kind of handy to own a death note also, for the purpose of ridding myself of people who annoy me...

A/N: shounen-ai you have been warned. LxRaito to be precise. Not so much in this chapter, but probably more later. A collection of drabbles/one-shots, one for every colour of the rainbow! ^^
Also, Ryuk has a point, apples can be addictive to humans too! Or perhaps watashi wa shinigami desu...

Oh and by the way, if you are American, jelly is what you call jell-O or something, not jam...

Red

L lifted his fingertips from the keyboard in front of him and picked up a silver teaspoon instead, then used it to carefully extricate a small square of gleaming, fluorescent red jelly from the bowl in front of him. Tracking the wobbling red square carefully with his wide eyed so deeply marked with sleep deprivation he brought it up to his mouth and slipped it between his lips. Raito found himself tracking the sugarholic's actions as carefully as Ryuuzaki tracked the jelly's progress to his mouth, partly because he needed to rest his eyes from the computer screen's offending glare, but mostly because there was something strangely sweet in how the owl's child was just as meticulous about his consumption of sweets as he was with his investigations. L quickly became aware that he was being watched.

"Would you like some, Yagami-kun?"

"Thanks, but I somehow get the feeling that something that luminous shade of red is probably more at home in a nuclear reactor then the human stomach." Raito said, trying to not appear phased by having been caught watching. Ryuuzaki shrugged "It's the same colour as those apples you eat so many of." Raito suppressed a laugh, well actually, they're to feed my shinigami. "A fair point, I suppose, but the fact still remains that apples are very rarely fluorescent." He picked one from the fruit bowl as evidence. It was indeed, almost exactly the same colour as Ryuuzaki's jelly, a beautiful, bright red, a glowing image of perfect ripeness. He bit into it and it broke into his mouth with a crisp crunch, bleeding juice from the bright white flesh over his lips. He lifted his eyes from the apple to see L regarding him with the same great care that he, Raito, had been watching Ryuuzaki moments before. He didn't ask why, even though he was almost certain that the detective would give him a perfectly straight answer, Ryuuzaki was often almost uncomfortably honest about these kinds of things. Instead he just stared right back at him over the top of his apple.

"Exactly the same but in totally different ways," said Ryuuzaki "just like you and me, Yagami-kun."
Sign up to rate and review this story