Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Addict For Dramatics

Chapter 18: Forgotten

by MMMramen 7 reviews

Today is a very special day. But did they forget?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2007-04-13 - Updated: 2007-04-14 - 1763 words

5Exciting
It's been awhile. Hope you haven't forgotten about me.



The seemingly booming sound of my cell phone woke me from my deep slumber. I grabbed the vibrating device and turned off the alarm I had set for myself. A grin formed upon my lips as my eyes settled on the still sleeping body next to me. His usually hidden locks of golden wisps were matted in some areas, but stood at attention in others. I softly grasped my bottom lip between my teeth as I slowly pulled the corner of the privacy curtain. I released a sigh of relief once I saw the coast was clear. The last thing I needed was for anyone to know I had been sharing a bunk for the past handful of nights. Silently, I slithered from his bunk and headed to the crawl space where my duffle bag was stationed. With the day's wardrobe in hand, I slipped into the bathroom to change.

My eyelids still felt heavy as I reached for my toothbrush and paste. A light knock at the door interrupted my dental hygiene routine. I spat some of the minty foam into the sink before opening the door. Patrick stood in a zombie like state, with his t-shirt and boxers looking wrinkled and disheveled. Without a word, he slipped past me and grabbed his toothbrush as well. We stood, shoulder to shoulder in the cramped bathroom as we brushed our teeth. Through the mirror, I stole glances at the barely conscious male and felt the corners of my lips curl when our gazes met via our reflections. His green eyes echoed his fatigue, but still twinkled slightly. With all the patience I could muster, I waited for him to say those three very important words.

Happy birthday, Lola.

But they didn't come. He rinsed out his mouth and placed his toothbrush back in the holder without muttering a word. I know he wasn't a morning person, but this is ridiculous.

Even as the males and Bridget filed out from their bunks, no well wishing was given. Surely, I thought my own brother would remember the day his baby sister made her debut into the world.

I stepped out into the dry Arizona air and headed to my merching booth, with Bridget by my side. She chattered on about the usual stuff: she misses sleeping in her bed, the heat is insane, and how ungodly large Pete's head is compared to his body. But no happy birthday's to report.

"I mean, it's just not a good head to body ratio." She insisted as we split to our respective tents.

Maybe they didn't forget. Maybe they just...didn't remember. That's rational...right?

Tyler, Dirty, and I partook in our typical banter, but the day of birth was never mentioned. Even when Brody and I made our daily trip to the lunch area, no word of my birthday was uttered.

The crowd dwindled as the sun set over the horizon, giving way to a dark blue sky. I frowned as divided the tip jar evenly.

"You OK?" I looked up to see Dirty folding some t-shirts.

"Yeah." I assured him half heartedly.

"You sure? You seem kinda bummed." You'd seem kinda bummed too if not one person acknowledged the day you came into existence.

"I'm fine." I handed him his share of the tips and shoved mine in my jeans pocket before trudging off to the tour bus.

The warm water cascaded over my hair and down my shoulders before gliding down my torso. I sighed at the sensation. I didn't think I'd ever be so happy to see a shower. But after a long day of roasting under a blue tarp, the tilted confinement was like heaven. Dirt and grime collected around the drain as well as some strands of red curls. Once I felt clean, I turned off the showerhead and rung out my hair. My towel welcomed my moist body as I wrapped it around, securing it under my armpit. A comb sliced through my damp hair, freeing it from snags and knots. Once that was out of the way, I wrapped my locks in another towel and proceeded to dry off before slipping into some clean clothes. I strolled out of the bathroom, a towel still on my head, and headed for the lounge. The TV was black with inactivity and the Gamecube lay forgotten on the carpeted floor. I frowned at the sight. All the bunks remained empty and no one was in the kitchen.

"Where the hell is everybody?" I asked myself. Even our bus driver was missing. I frowned slightly. They had forgotten about me. Today had been my birthday and not one person cared. Not even my own flesh and blood. Well, they weren't getting off that easily. I threw the towel off my head and slipped on my flip flips before stepping off the bus. A low breeze welcomed me as I stepped into the night air.

After every show, there was always a little barbeque in the lunch area where most of the band members would get together to mingle, eat, or drink themselves stupid. Surely, my M.I.A comrades would be there. Patrick, Dirty, Pete, and Andy sat around a picnic table chattering away.

"Here you all are." They all greeted me with smiles. I sat next to Dirty, who was nursing a very large can of Budweiser. "Do you guys know what today is?" I asked, throwing subtleties out the window. Andy shrugged.

"Wednesday?" I sighed.

"Do you know what happened today? Do you know what was significant about this particular day?" I emphasized each word with my pointer finger tapping against the faded wood of the picnic table. They continued to gape at each other. I sighed, getting nowhere.

"These two chicks started fighting. It was pretty hot." Dirty offered before taking another swig of his beer.

"No, you idiots. Today is my bir-"

"Happy birthday, Lola!" I turned to see my brother and Bridget holding up a large Hello Kitty themed cake with several multi-colored candles glowing a bright orange. They placed it on the table just as a crowd gathered to sing the traditional birthday song. A silly smile stuck to my face as I blew out my candles, causing my friends to erupt in cheers.

"I thought you guys forgot about me!" I gushed as I squeezed my brother in a hug.

"How could we? You've only been reminding us everyday." Bridget said as she began to cut the cake.

"But why Hello Kitty?" I arched an eyebrow at the cartoon cat that seemed to be sweeping the nation. Yes, I thought she was cute, but I wasn't a fanatic or anything.

"It was the biggest pre-made cake the store had. Everything else was either too small or needed to be ordered in advance." Joe explained as he handed me a piece of the sugary confection.

"Hey you." I turned to see Brody, standing with a bouquet of white roses. I placed my plate on the picnic table before hugging the taller man. Once we pulled away, he handed me the flowers along with a little tag attached.

"Thank you." I cooed, letting their sweet aroma flood my senses. "They're beautiful." I flipped open the small flap of folded paper that paraded around as a card. His sloppy handwriting made a smile spread across my face.

To my favorite lunch date,
Have a very happy birthday and many more to come.

-Brody


The man stood before me, a lopsided grin upon his slender face.

"I didn't know what to get you, so I thought flowers would be a good start." Many women say flowers are horribly cliché, and I would have to agree, but that doesn't mean we don't like getting them.

"And you are?' Joe asked, defensively stepping between the two of us. My friend arched an eyebrow at my sibling before extending his hand.

"Brody Walsh." Joe eyed the man's hand before shaking it cautiously. "You must be the brother." I rolled my eyes at the silent battle occurring between the two of them. It was laughable.

"So, how 'bout that cake? It's pretty nice." Bridget interrupted the steely standoff by handing Joe a plate of the birthday cake. Just a slight rise in her brow indicated that it was in his best interest to sit down, shut up, and eat his dessert. She may not admit any sort of romantic connection, but she sure had my brother wrapped around her little finger. The woman simply smiled as if to say "you're welcome."

After unwrapping some highly inappropriate gifts, the venue coordinators rounded us up and herded everyone onto their respective tour buses so we could leave for the next city.

"These are weird earrings." Patrick commented as he examined the sterling barbells from his side of the bunk that we were co-inhabiting. It had become almost ritualistic for us to sleep together-literally, of course. He put even the fluffiest of pillows to shame.

"Patrick, they're not for ears." His nose wrinkled in disgust as he quickly tossed the jewelry out of his bunk. They clinked against the tiled floor.

"Do you even have those pierced?" I shook my head as I snorted with laughter. "Why would someone give you a gift like that?"

"Wishful thinking?" He shrugged and shifted to lie on his back.

"So. That Brody guy. He seemed...nice." I grinned.

"He is nice. I've been having lunch with him for the past week." The male nodded, his sandy hair moving along with his head motions.

"He must like you." My fingers glided along the soft material of the bed as I studied his profile.

"What makes you say that?" A slight chuckle escaped his rounded lips.

"Guys don't buy flowers for girls they hate, ya know?" He had a point.

"I guess. But I'm not really interested." Yet another chuckle reverberated through the bunk.

"So tall, dark, and handsome isn't appealing to you?" It was my turn to laugh softly.

"Been there, done that. I'm over androgynous pretty boys in tight pants and guyliner." I shifted closer to the man and rested my head just under his chin. The heat from his body radiated to mine, overcoming the chill from the ceaseless air conditioner.

"Yeah. Me too." I grinned against the warm skin of his neck as I closed my eyes.

"They're so overrated." I mumbled, feeling the melatonin beginning to set in.








Maybe one of these days, I'll actually proof read this sucker.
Sign up to rate and review this story