Categories > Original > Horror

Nightmare

by lost_in_the_shuffle 3 reviews

This is actually based on a recurring nightmare, that I had for two years. I never did figure out what it meant, but I thought it would make a good short short story.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres: Horror - Published: 2007-04-15 - Updated: 2007-04-15 - 263 words - Complete

0Unrated
The woman ran down the hallway, it seemed to stretch on forever. She could hear the thing behind her, advancing on her. She ran faster, not knowing what she was running from, just knowing she had to get away.

She saw a open door at the end of the hall and ran for it, slamming the door just as the thing reached it. She heard the thing banging itself against the door, and knew it wouldn't hold long.
Quickly she searched the room for something, anything to protect herself. The room was bare, except for a table, the woman ran to the windows, they were nailed shut. She looked frantically at the door as it shook again, than noticed the phone on the only piece of furniture.

She ran to it, picked it up and tried to dial. She realized that she couldn't see the numbers on the phone and dropped it, her heart thumping rapidly. Backing up against the wall, she stared as the door shuddered again. She didn't know what to do, she didn't know who could help her.

The door shuddered, one last time, than broke open, as the thing plunged inside. The woman shrieked in terror as the thing came into the room and glared at her with red eyes. It rushed at her, jaws open wide, saliva dripping down. The woman closed her eyes expecting to feel the bite of the big fangs any second.

She sat up in bed sweat pouring down her back, her heart beating quickly. Than she realized, it had all been a nightmare.
Sign up to rate and review this story