Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Looks can be DECEIVING

Looks can be DECEIVING

by the_oddity 0 reviews

A sixth year Hufflepuff, Lucy is an outsider who has a crush on one of the most popular guys at Hogwarts, Cedric Diggory. The only thing in the way of Lucy and Cedric is Brooke Simmons.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Other - Published: 2007-04-15 - Updated: 2007-04-16 - 712 words

-1Illiterate
Looks can be DECEIVING disclaimer: I do not in any way own the character Cedric Diggory. I created Lucy and Brooke Simmons- please don't steal! I do not take credit for any Hogwarts/Harry Potter related ideas. They were created by J.K. Rowling, and I am not trying to copyright.

Lucy pulled on her school sweater and tugged the wrinkles out of her skirt. She looked at herself in the mirror and applied som eyeliner and lip gloss. She dragged her grey house crescent messenger bag off of the floor and slung it over her shoulder. Tired, she dragged herself down the stairs and into the Great Hall for breakfast.
Lucy felt tired all through breakfast. She didn't even think she had the energy to get through the day. But then, from the other end of the Hufflepuff table, Cedric Diggory caught Lucy's eye, making her feel fully energized. He raised a hand halfway and smiled at her. Lucy smiled back before shyly turning back to her breakfast.
Lucy's best friend, Tosha, stared at Lucy questioningly. Lucy finally looked up at her. "What?" she snapped. Tosh crossed her arms. "What's going on?" she asked Lucy. Lucy looked back down at her breakfast plate and poked a piece of sausage with her fork. "Nothing," she lied.
Tosh looked down the table and her eyes fell on Cedric. She laughed softly as she turned her gaze back on Lucy. "Luce," she said. Lucy looked back up at Tosha and raised an eyebrow at her. Tosha looked her over. She gasped. "You still have a thing for Cedric, don't you?!?" she whispered. Lucy's eyes bulged. "I do not!" Tosh glared at her. Lucy narrowed her eyes. "Exactly when DID I have a thing for him?" she crossed her arms, "and who doesn't?" Tosh laughed. Lucy flushed. "Stop messing with me!" Tosh laughed again. "OK, let's go to potions." Lucy grabbed her bag and followed Tosh down to the dungeons.
Halfway across the entrance hall, Cedric jogged up to Lucy and Tosh. Lucy felt herself melt inside. "Hey, Lucy, Tosha," he nodded in acknowledgement to each of them. Lucy smiled. "Hi," she said. Cedric stuck his hands in his pockets. "Uh, Lucy, is it OK if I talk to you for a sec?" he asked. "Sure," Lucy grinned. "I'll go ahead to potions, then," Tosh said as she began to head towards the dungeon again, brushing against Lucy's shoulder as she left.
Lucy felt excited and wondered what Cedric wanted to talk to her about. The she noticed a poster behind him that read: The anual Welcome Back to Hogwarts Dance- September 24! Lucy felt her heart race. That was only two weeks away. Lucy thought she at least had a shot-
"Lucy?" Lucy looked up into Cedric's eyes and tucked a strand of dark black hair behind her ear, which had about four piercings in it. "Yeah?" Cedric smiled again. "I was just wondering if you had a date for-" Cedric was cut off by Brooke Simmons.
Brooke was the preppy kind of girl. The pink-sweater, peach-lip-gloss, blonde-curls type. The exact opposite of Lucy, who was more of the 'punk' kind of girl: black straight hair, lots of eyeliner, black clothes, four piercings in each ear and one in her eyebrow.
"Ced, come on, we'll be late for charms," Brooke whined as she batted her fake eyelashes at Cedric and wrapped her skinny arms around his neck. Brooke glanced over her shoulder to make sure she was making Lucy jealous before turning back to Cedric. Trying to pry Brooke's body off of his own, Cedric replied in an annoyed tone, "I don't have charms next," finally, he got Brooke off of him and added, "I just needed to talk to Lucy before I left for herbology." Brooke placed her manicured hands on her bony hips. "Oh, really?" she looked at Lucy and winced as if she were looking at vermin. Lucy raised her hands halfway and spread her fingers apart. "That's OK, I'm late for potions anyway," and she started towards the dungeon. Cedric tried to go after her, but was stopped by Brooke. "Don't worry about her, Ced, she belongs down there, anyway."
Lucy looked back at Cedric longingly before heading down the stairs.
Sign up to rate and review this story