Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Tear My World Apart

|one|

by Kate438 2 reviews

Kate is the light tech on the Taste Of Chaos tour. After a run in with Gerard and Bert, a plan is devised. What starts out as a good natured prank, turns into something much more.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Horror, Romance - Characters: Gerard Way, Other - Warnings: [?] [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2007-04-16 - Updated: 2007-04-17 - 978 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Taste of Chaos, The Used or MCR. I can only wish.



--------------------------

"Hey, watch where you're going!" It was a warning that was said a bit too late, as the two people in the backstage hallway collided. The girl fell one way and the guy the other. The stage light gels the girl had been carrying flew from her arms and littered the hallway.The guy had two bottles of soda in his hands and they went flying as well. The guy sat up, rubbing his elbow where it had connected with the wall. He gave the girl a sheepish grin.

"Sorry. I wasn't paying attention." He said as he stood up. He extended his hand to the girl and she gratefully accepted it. Once standing, the girl was only a foot away from the guy's face. He had the most amazing eyes.

"Yeah, I figured as much." The girl said, laughing nervously as she bent down to start retrieving all the gels. The guy immediately joined her.

"I haven't seen you before." He started but she cut him off.

"I'm one of the light techs on this tour. It's my first tour." The guy nodded as he retrieved the last gel from the floor and handed it to her. He picked up his two bottles of soda and gave her a lopsided grin as he took in her appearance. She was tall, not too skinny and had long, straight red hair. She had dark eyes and an impish grin. What he noticed most was that there wasn't a trace of make-up on her young features. He guessed that she was no older than twenty. She cleared her throat and spoke.

"Well, I have to get these to the stage. What was your name?" She asked the guy. He was stunningly handsome and she knew she recognized him but she couldn't quite place exactly where she had seen him.

"Gerard." He said, extending his hand. The girl took it and shook it. "I'm in My Chemical Romance. We're one of the bands on this tour."

"Nice to meet you, Gerard." The girl said as she waved the gels in the air. "Well, I need to get going." She started to walk past Gerard but he grabbed her arm, stopping her.

"Wait, I didn't get your name." The girl smiled.

"Kate. My name is Kate." Gerard let go and started to walk in the opposite direction.

"Welcome to the Taste of Chaos, Kate!" He called as he disappeared around a corner. She shook her head and made her way to the stage.

--------------------------

Kate ran into the stage area, gels clutched to her chest.

"Kate! It's about time!" Tim, the other light technion teased. She liked Tim. He was an older guy, early forties. He had a kind face and the hands of someone who had been doing this a long time. He reminded her of a school counselor since he had a way of taking the new people under his wing and she has been no exception. She gave him a look.

"I'm sorry I'm late, I got ran over in the hallway." Tim laughed as he climbed down from the rope ladder. Kate took in the stage for the first time. She took in the huge Taste of Chaos banner, all the sound equipment and the empty arena. She had wanted this for as long as she could remember. She couldn't believe she was here, on a tour, doing what she loved. She handed Tim some gels as he walked up to her.

"It's okay. We had an issue with the wiring so we're a little behind anyway." He told her, taking in her bewildered expression. He laughed, looking out at the empty arena as well. " Exciting isn't it? Wait until the actual show. Now, let's get up there and get these lights situated."

Kate nodded and she started to climb one of the rope ladders.

--------------------------

Gerard made his way through the hallways and finally ended up in the dressing room the band had been assigned. He opened the door and walked it.

"What took you so long?" It was Bert. He had met Bert this year and they had formed a fast friendship. They meshed well together and they could always find ways to entertain themselves. Bert was extroverted and that was something Gerard really liked about him. Conversation and actions with Bert were never dull.

"I ran into a light tech...literally." Bert laughed,slightly swinging his legs back and forth.

"Smooth one." He said as his laughing subsided. "Was it by chance Kate?"

"Yeah, it was. How did you know?." Gerard replied and Bert nodded his head.

"A lukcy guess? She's cool, a friend of someone's. They recommended her. Quiet, though..." Gerard sat down next to Bert, who was situated on a small couch. He handed Bert one of the Coke Zeros he had gone to retrieve and opened the other one.

"Careful, I dropped them." Gerard warned as he carefully opened the bottle.

"Now why would you go and do that?" Bert asked him seriously.

"To mess with you, because I know you love flat soda."

"Ah, you know me too well." Bert said as he opened the bottle and took a long drink. He capped his soda back up and a grin spread across his face. Gerard noticed and gave a small laugh.

"What?" Bert clapped his hands together and leaned over and whispered something in Gerard's ear. Gerard shook his head, laughing.

"You're too much sometimes, you know that?" Bert just grinned.

"I know, but you have to admit, that sometimes I'm brilliant."

"True, true." Gerard agreed. " Now, how are we going to go about this?" He asked. Bert leaned back into the couch and they started to devise what they had agreed to call The Plan.
Sign up to rate and review this story