Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter and the Lantrisi

A spy's role in life

by JohnDeath 7 reviews

The Second War is about to begin, with Voldemort gaining power, and the Ministry denying his return. Ron&Hermione are looked as the ones to destroy HIM, but no one saw the return of the Savior they...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Fantasy, Sci-fi - Characters: Harry, Hermione - Warnings: [!!] [?] [V] [X] - Published: 2007-04-18 - Updated: 2007-04-18 - 2640 words

5Exciting
Alright, I finally got a new chapter out. This one is somewhat more mature than the others, but I decided to exclude any explicit scenes, sorry. So, I'll just leave things to imagination. You can expect a lot more action in the next chapters, so keep reading.
Chapter 13: A spy's role in life



Everyone who knew Harry and his friends, could tell you how close they were, so, it was a surprise to many people when they saw them sitting separately on the Gryffindor table, their only contact the occasional glare.

Harry, however, acted the same, and would only smile when he caught the glare, which only seemed to infuriate the other three even further.

But, after three days of this, Harry had decided that enough was enough, and that he needed to talk with his friends, so after dinner, he approached them.

"We need to talk, right now." Harry said shortly.

"There's nothing to talk about, Harry." Hermione replied coldly.

"Yes there is, and I wasn't asking you, I was telling you. Now move it." He growled, and Hermione stood up and began walking out of the hall, even though her face showed she wasn't happy about it.

"That goes for you two as well. Move it." Harry growled again, and the two Weasleys quickly scampered after Hermione.

Once in Harry's room, Harry began "Now, this has to stop. I did nothing wrong, and you have no right to treat me like that."

None of the others even turned to look at him.

"Well, if that's the way it's gonna be, I'll just have to resort to drastic measures. Ron, need I remind you I know the common room password and I know where your dorm is? A quick sleeping spell on the others, and you're mine for the night. Do you really think you can fight me?" Ron paled when he realized what Harry was saying.

"That goes for you too, Ginny. The stairs to your dorm won't stop me if I'm I girl, will they?" Harry smirked evilly as he saw the conflicting emotions on her face. On one hand, she wanted him, on the other, she didn't want it to happen that way.

"Err, you're right, we're acting a bit silly here. It was just a harmless kiss, it didn't mean anything." Ron said in a startling display of maturity.

"Well, you may forgive him, Ron, Ginny, but after the torture he did to me, I'm not gonna say sorry so soon." Hermione ground out.

"Come now, Hermione, I told you I didn't want to..." Harry was cut off.

"Do you think that by that point I cared? I was on the edge of sanity because of you, and you said no? I could have killed you right then and there." She shouted.

"First you give me ten orgasms, ten! I couldn't even see, you bastard, and then you say you won't shag me? How could you do something so cruel?" Her shouts turned to sobs as she charged him and started punching him. He let her hit him, even though from what Ron and Ginny could see from his face, every punch must have hurt like hell.

And just like that, she ran off. Harry turned around, only to be met with the accusing glares of his other two friends.

"I guess I pushed her too far. I'll go after her, you two should get back to the tower, it's almost curfew."

The two nodded, and stood up just as Harry left the room, using the Link to track Hermione. He finally found her on the top of the Astronomy tower.

"So, you've come to apologize now? Don't bother, I know you're not sorry." She said with a teary voice.

"What makes you think that? You don't know me very well, Hermione. That night, I just felt so angry that I lost to you, to my own fledgling, that all I wanted to do was punish you, to make you suffer. I just let my anger to lead me, when I swore never to let that happen. For what it's worth, I am sorry." Harry replied, not daring to look at her. He realized he hurt her deeply, and even though their kind was hard to hurt emotionally, when that happened, the pain was far greater than any human could ever feel.

"Harry, I understand how you felt, and in some way, I can understand why you would do something like that. Just promise me you will never ever use me like that again." Hermione finally turned to him with watery eyes.

"Never again. You know, with all that has happened lately, I never really told you how proud I am of you. I knew you would be great, Hermione, ever since I got to know you. You could easily put any Lantrisi to shame. In fact, I'd say that only the Deathhands could surpass you." Harry now sat beside her, one of his arms thrown over her in a comforting gesture.

"Thanks, Harry, that was very nice. But I bet I'm dreadful in bed." She said suddenly.

"What? Hermione, don't be too harsh on yourself. Such things come with experience. You should have seen me when I was your age. I was horrible." Harry smiled, as his eyes locked with hers.

"So, let me get this straight." Ron whispered as he buttered a scone. "You found her up the Astronomy tower, and talked a bit."

"That's right." Harry replied as he ate a piece of bacon.

"So, how did you end up from talking, to an all-night shag on the tower?" Ron asked wide-eyed, while the two nearest people next to him spit out what they had in their mouth and stared at them.

"Bloody hell, Ron, tell the whole school, would you?" Harry glared at his incredibly subtle friend.

"Don't worry Harry. The others will just be jealous they weren't the first girl you took to bed." Hermione smirked as several girls gave her death glares.

"You're hardly the first, Hermione. And I didn't take you to bed, I shagged you right there on the parapet." Harry laughed inwardly as half the house dropped their jaws, with another dozen spitting out food.

"Is there something wrong with the food?" A strict voice spoke up from behind Harry.

"I don't think so, Professor. Maybe something else is bothering them." Harry grinned.

"Perhaps. Please refrain from spitting food in the future everyone. And Mr. Potter, fifty points from Gryffindor for being out after curfew." She said calmly.

"Damn, I knew I forgot something. Who heard us?" He asked, completely unfazed that most of the house was staring slack jawed at his confirmation of last night's activities.

"Sirius and Tonks were on patrol last night." Harry groaned when he heard his godfather's name.

"He'll never let me hear the end of it, will he?" He looked at Hermione.

"Well, if my dad hears of it, it will be the end of you." She smirked as he let his head smack on the table.

"Now, now, Mr. Potter, it's not so bad. However, I have to ask you to refrain from such activities during the term." Harry just nodded, and McGonagall returned to the staff table.

"Alright, Horace, pay up. You too Pomona. And don't think you'll get out of it this time, Albus." McGonagall turned smugly to her colleagues.

"What I don't get is, how can someone who hates Divination so much, make such accurate bets?" Dumbledore handed her a small sack, when a loud snort made them turn to the Gryffindor table, where Harry was looking towards them, grinning wildly.

"He didn't really hear that, did he?" McGonagall asked, looking at Harry, who just nodded in confirmation.

"Harry is certainly full of surprises, Minerva. I wouldn't put anything past him." Dumbledore said merrily.

"Yes well, I'm grateful my quarters are in the dungeon. From what Black said, things were pretty loud last night. I wonder why they didn't intervene." Snape added his two knuts.

"Well, it's not something you would want to see your godson at, is it?" McGonagall replied.

"Speaking of godsons, Draco has been going on and on about the mystery girl that kissed him." Snape gave them all a knowing look.

"Ah, the wonders of young love." Dumbledore gave him a short nod, answering his hidden question.

Snape let out a tired sigh, and returned to his meal.

As the holydays came closer, it turned out that Slughorn was not so easily convinced that Harry wasn't interested in what he had to offer, he managed to convince him to come to a party he was throwing for Christmas.

"Tell me, why did I let you convince me this was a good idea?" Harry looked at Hermione as they walked towards Slughorn's office.

"Because I like showing off my new famous boyfriend." She replied smartly.

"We're not dating Hermione. An occasional shag doesn't mean we're a pair." Harry complained.

"To you maybe, but to humans, when two people have sex on a regular basis, they're dating." Hermione continued in the same matter-of-fact tone.

"But we're not humans. And it's nothing personal, but I don't want a girlfriend right now." Harry whined.

"I know that, but can you at least pretend, for me, your cutest fledgling?" She gave him such convincing puppy eyes, that Harry laughed out loud.

"How can I resist those eyes?" Harry grinned.

They finally reached the office, which was decorated for the occasion, with a large crowd filling it.

'Wow, this party sure brings back some memories.' Harry sent to Hermione.

'Like what?' She sent back.

'Oh, just a few Order missions. A large crowd is perfect cover.' They both knew what he meant.

'Well, no random stabbing tonight, alright?' Hermione asked.

'Only because you asked.' Harry smirked as Slughorn greeted him.

The old teacher introduced him to many of his former students, ranging from Ministry employees who tried to get away from him as soon as they could, to Quidditch players who wanted to know how good he was on a broom, to a writer who suggested he write Harry's biography.

The man's friend, however, was a different matter. It turned out the man was a vampire, and he could sense they weren't human. He looked curiously at the pair, and threw them a look that held many questions.

Feigning that he wanted to tell him something over the noise from the crowd, he whispered in the vampire's ear. "Yes, we are, no, we're not like your kind, and yes, I will kill you if you tell anyone." Harry smiled as he said loudly.

"Well, it was nice meeting you everyone. Oh, professor Snape, I didn't know you were here. Enjoying the party?" Harry turned to his Defense teacher.

"Immensely. However, my happiness never seems to last long." The man replied sarcastically as he turned towards the amusing scene of Filch dragging Malfoy by the ear.

As the teachers handled the situation, Harry got the first good look at Malfoy since they returned. He looked rather worn and tired, and when Snape informed him that he wanted a word in private, Harry just sent to Hermione 'I'll go see what those two have to say to each other.' With that, he vanished quickly, and easily found the empty classroom Snape had taken Malfoy to.

The conversation they had was nothing new, Harry already knew Malfoy was marked thanks to his map, and he guessed he had some mission in Hogwarts. Snape, however, was a different matter. It appeared he already knew some details of Malfoy's mission, a fact he did not mention so far. But, the meeting ended before more could be revealed.

"It's interesting to see how people act when they've been pushed in a corner, eh, professor?" Harry stepped out a shadow behind Snape, not looking like a student, but an adult.

"Harry, I..." Snape began, but was silenced when Harry grabbed him by the collar.

"I knew you were loyal to that bastard. However, since the old man trusts you, I'll give you one chance to convince me. We'll meet tomorrow night at headquarters. Be there." Harry dropped him and began to walk away.

"Oh, and Snape, you better convince me, or you'll spend the holydays learning just why the Order of Death was so feared." Harry hissed, and returned to the party, not bothering to tell Hermione anything important about the encounter.

The next day, Harry spent most of his day at Headquarters in meditation, awaiting the meeting with Snape. While he didn't really hate the man, he couldn't allow a man loyal to Voldemort to live.

He told Sirius when Snape came, to send him to his room. When someone knocked on his door, he wasn't surprised to smell Dumbledore as well.

"Come in." Harry waited until the two men were inside and the door was sealed and silenced before he spoke.

"I knew you'd come too, Dumbledore. And no, you vouching for him will not be enough this time." Harry stood up slowly, facing them both as an adult.

"You may be willing to trust him, for whatever reasons you have, but to be honest, I don't care about those reasons. All I want is an absolute guarantee this man won't turn on us when we need him most." Harry began.

"Harry, I assure you, Severus holds no loyalty to Voldemort." Dumbledore replied.

"I need more than just assurance. Only an Unbreakable Vow will save your skin this time Snape. You swore one, surely one more won't hurt you." Harry looked at Snape in a challenging manner.

"I don't have much choice, do I? Alright, Potter, let's get this over with." Snape took Harry's hand, while Dumbledore touched their hands with his wand.

"Well then, do you, Severus Snape, renounce all allegiance to the Dark Lord?" Harry said firmly.

"I do." Snape replied without hesitation, and thus sealed the Vow.

"Smart choice, professor. Now then, I am curious, what exactly is Malfoy supposed to do?" Harry asked.

"He has to kill me." Dumbledore replied instead.

Harry laughed so hard, that he fell on the floor. "Come now, him, kill you? You're a challenge, Dumbledore, even for me. A shit like him won't manage it even if you give him detailed instructions." Still shaking with mirth, Harry looked towards the Headmaster.

"I know that, Harry. As you probably realized, Draco is not expected to succeed. It is Severus here that is meant to finish me in the end." Dumbledore replied in his usual serene tone.

"I highly doubt that he can kill you. He respects you too much." Harry said, and Snape nodded in confirmation.

"There is, however, one other thing to consider. No matter what happens, this is my last term as Headmaster." Dumbledore told them.

"I see. How much have you left?" Harry understood what the old man meant.

"End of the summer, at the most. I guess my old age finally caught up with me. Which is why I wish for Severus to accomplish his mission. That way, my death can be used to strengthen your position with Voldemort, and erase any doubt of your loyalty." Dumbledore turned to Snape, and for the first time since Harry had met him, the usually calm professor showed a whole range of emotions on his face.

At last, after several tension filled minutes, Snape gave them a weak nod.

"Then, if you don't mind, we need to work on the details here. Snape, I'll give you a map of Hogwarts that will show Dumbledore and anyone marked. Keep it with you at all times, so that you'll know when to act." Harry turned to Snape, who nodded again, and together with the others, continued to plot the demise of the leader of the Light.
Sign up to rate and review this story