Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Silence. A complete lack of sound.

Prologue

by missfiona 8 reviews

Tin can telephones, battered walkie-talkies, and tents pitched in the living room. Lucy thought they would never have to grow up - but now, it seems, they're being forced to do so far too soon.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-03-16 - Updated: 2007-03-17 - 811 words

3Ambiance
Silence. A complete lack of sound.

Back pressed against the cold ground beneath her, Lucy could feel each and every blade resisting against her body. The deserted park grounds seemed to heighten her senses, causing her reactions to her surroundings to be increased tenfold. The tickle of a passing wind against her skin raised small bumps along her arms, while her ears seemed to pick up subtle noises that she had never noticed before this night. Each separate noise, rather than forming together to create a muted background, stood solitary, screaming for her attention.

The word commonly used in the English language to describe this sensation seemed inadequate, and unable to express the depths that these noises travel. Rather than going unnoticed and diverting attention away from themselves, the sounds of the night rang through her ears at an almost deafening volume.

Crickets chirping, twigs snapping, the crunch of footsteps against leaves in the distance, the sway of the infinite blades of grass as they bend and sway with the wind, and the shallow breathing of the boy beside her. It was almost more than Lucy Berrington could bear.

The pressure caused by the boy's hand against her arm caused heat to spread quickly through out her body, erasing the goose bumps completely. With great difficulty Lucy remained silent, keeping her mouth shut so as not to let out a small gasp. She found that she could never quite trust her mouth around this boy. In his presence, she could not be held accountable for anything she said.

"Lucy lou," the boy whispered, his words giving away the grin that seemed to constantly be plastered to his face.

"Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz the third," she returned in a singsong voice, the volume at which she spoke piercing the night air.

Turning her head towards him, she could just make out the shape of his face in the dim moonlight. Lucy reached out towards him, her fingers slowly tracing the outline. First down his sharp nose, then around his firm jaw line, and finally her fingers connected with his plump lips, his eyes following her hand all the while.

Unable to suppress her smile, she burrowed her face into his shoulder as he shifted his body closer towards her own. Lucy breathed in his scent, a bittersweet mixture of soap, grass, and coffee, savoring the moment.

Under the stars possibilities were infinite, as if at that very moment they could do anything they please. In the years to come, this will be the sensation, the feeling of living without boundaries or restrictions, that Lucy will grow to miss.

"What do you see?" Lucy asked quietly, turning her face upwards and allowing her eyes to focus on the night sky, freckled with stars. With a furrowed brow, Pete emitted a small grunt, not exactly certain what she speaking of. Her spontaneity, that was what he loved about the girl.

"In your future, what do you see?"

There were a number of answers that seemed obvious, maybe a bit too obvious, to him. I see myself on stage in front of a sold out crowd, with thousands - no millions - of fans in the seats, or I see myself as the most wanted producer in the music business. Yet the one answer that seemed most appropriate, most probable, and most honest, was the answer that he gave her. With out a thought, his lips formed the shape of the one word that she would continue to repeat over and over until it lost all meaning.

"You."

Lucy felt her cheeks redden, certain that he could feel the heat radiating off of them through his thick sweater. At a loss for words, a rare occasion for Lucy, she waited for him to continue. He tightened his grip around her, and continued to elaborate on their future together.

"I see us, happily married with our fair share of gray hairs, and with a legacy to match. I see kids running around in the front yard, and kids starting their own adult lives. I see perfect little babies with excellent musical talents, and perfect little babies with not so excellent musical talents. I see us, loving the family that we've created together in spite of any flaws simply because we started it. Together."

Peter shifted slightly, turning his face to look down at her with piercing brown eyes. He observed the unreadable expression on her face, certain that his own was identical, before finishing.

"I see you, Lucy Lou Berrington. You are my future."

---

Author's Note: This is the prologue for my first Fall Out Boy fanfiction, and is written a bit differently from the rest of the story (more specifically, normal chapters will be much longer - hopefully). Expect multiple parts, much drama, and most likely delayed updates (I'm a busy girl).

Go easy - I'm new to this.

Sign up to rate and review this story