Categories > Movies > Pirates of the Caribbean

She's never been good enough...

by MissLady 1 review

Another songfic...Elizabeth and Jack. DMC spoilers for the infamous kiss scene. *** = song lyrics...you know the drill.

Category: Pirates of the Caribbean - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama - Characters: Elizabeth, Jack - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-04-20 - Updated: 2007-04-21 - 1083 words - Complete

0Unrated
*She said ,"I don't know if I've ever been good enough.
I'm a little bit rusty, and I think my head is caving in-"

Elizabeth knew what she had to do. To save Will. To save herself. To save Jack from some fate that would've met him more horrible than this one.

*"And I don't know if I've ever been really loved
By a hand that's touched me, well I feel like something's
gonna give.
And I'm a little bit angry, well.."

His lips were warm. They weren't hungry, really. Just warm. His tongue, though a powerful and skilled muscle, was gentle. His hands weren't ravenous for the feel of her flesh. He caressed her, yes, but his touch was not feverish. It seemed that it was just there.

*"This ain't over, no not here, not while I still need you
around.
You don't owe me, we might change.
Yeah we just might feel good-"

She felt the cool metal of the rings on his fingers as they gently brushed against her skin. Gone was the sarcastic, enigma of a pirate that he was, replaced by something else; by something that was unknown to the sea; something gentle. Yes, the ocean was a beautiful thing. On a warm day, the waters may look calm and inviting. But the sea is never truly gentle; it is raw power, always displayed for all to see.

*"I wanna push you around, well I will, I will.
I wanna push you down, well I will, I will.
I wanna take you for granted, I wanna take you for granted,
Well I will."

She slowly pushed him backward, their lips still locked. He tasted of hot rum and old sea salt. She wanted to touch him more than she let on. She fought hard with herself to keep the contact minimal, but the kiss deep. It was an odd combination in a scene such as this, but Elizabeth knew not many scenes like this one were to be seen by the world.

*She said, " I don't know why you ever would lie to me,
like I'm a little untrusting when I think that the truth is
gonna hurt ya.
And I don't know why you couldn't just stay with me.
You couldn't stand to be near me
when my face don't seem to want to shine,
Cuz it's a little bit dirty, well..."

How she wanted to stay in this moment. If the Kraken was not threatening, if lives hadn't been lost and more in danger, this moment would be perfect. He was being so gentle; so very trusting. Her heart nearly shattered with guilt and self-hatred for what she was in need to do. Despite all the terrible things he'd done as a pirate and as a simple man, he didn't deserve to die like this; through a lie of kisses.

*"Don't just stand there, say nice things to me.
I've been cheated ,I've been wronged, and you
you don't know me, I can't change.
I won't do anything at all-"

She was wronging him. She could end it now; break the kiss and pull him into the row boat and row until she was dead. She could. But one life, no matter how great, was not worth losing all those that could be saved.

*"I wanna push you around, well I will, I will.
I wanna push you down, well I will, I will.
I wanna take you for granted, I wanna take you for granted.
Well I will."


Despite her efforts, the kiss was deepening. But it was not because of him. No. She was the predator in this game; she was thrusting her tongue into the depths of his mouth, wanting to taste him until the taste was no longer there; until the taste was no longer his, but her own.

*"Oh but don't bowl me over.
Just wait a minute, well it kinda fell apart, things get so
crazy, crazy!
Don't rush this baby, don't rush this baby!"

She gently slowed herself, making the kiss long and less aggressive. He didn't seem to mind either way. She wondered if he even cared about her kissing him. He knew he was going to lose the Pearl, and surely that was enough to make his life un-worth living. Yet still, the kiss lingered, both knowing it was progressing to it's end, and neither ready to comply to that.

*"I wanna push you around, well I will, I will.
I wanna push you down, well I will, I will.
I wanna take you for granted, I wanna take you for granted.
Well I will."

It was her that pulled away simultaneously with a curt 'click'. He felt it; she saw it in his liquid-chocolate eyes. Though he knew, he still looked down at the shackle she'd clamped to his wrist. His gaze flickered to her, and she saw not hatred, not anger, but a passiveness that almost frightened her. "It's not after the ship--not us...it wants you." She tried to explain frantically, her lips still hovering near his. "It's the only way, don't you see?" He glanced at her, not letting her look full on into his own stare. "I'm not sorry," she said a bit curtly. It was a lie. Their eyes met. She still saw nothing indicating a spiteful emotion dwelling within him. Amazingly, she saw...admiration.
"Pirate," he said. His voice was gruff and low, like always. The word stung her. She was not sure if it was an accusation or a compliment, but it hurt all the same. She wanted to kiss him again, her lips poised and ready to do so, but she turned away. She turned away, climbed into the row boat, quickly explained in another lie that he'd elected to stay behind, and barked the order to the crew to shove off. After a moment, she looked at Will to find him looking right back at her and she knew he knew. She knew he'd seen. And she couldn't bring herself to give a damn.
She did not see, but heard well enough, the Kraken take the ship down. She did not see him fight like he did. Without seeing, though, she knew he was gone. She knew he was dead. And she knew the world would always go on in its raw and naked arrogance without him. She knew lives would not stop being lived, but that lives would forever-on go untouched by Captain Jack Sparrow.
Sign up to rate and review this story