Categories > Original > Fantasy

Clock Tower

by kittypiku 0 reviews

When being given a warning its usually wise to listen.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2007-04-21 - Updated: 2010-01-21 - 410 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Tick tock, tick tock..."


A child sat upon a hill that overlooked a certain city, the beautiful capital of the country in the north and also the home of many corrupt officials.


Describing the child was...simple in a way. Two black ribbons decorated its silky silver hair while slightly covering its innocent looking heart-shaped face that was connected to a petite body covered by a black effeminate clothing .


Purple eyes watched the city contently. Then lifting a delicate gloved covered hand, the child pointed at the clock tower in the center of the city and started moving its finger in a whimsical way.


"Tick tock, tick tock..." a frown marred its pretty face which escalated to a pout, "It's giving them a warning and they ignore it without a doubt!" Placing its hand against its face, the child let out an exasperated sigh. "I wonder why it bothers to even save this stubborn bunch..." the child tilted its face in an arrogant pose and continued, "If it was me I would have left without looking back!"


Looking back at the city, its face soften at the sight of the clock tower, "But I guess it couldn't be help since you love them very much..." The child's face looked confused. "I wonder why you do since they've hurt you for so long!" it whispered vehemently. Raising its arms in a form of an embrace, the child continued sadly, "They deserve this and you shouldn't have to die too because of that..."


Lowering its arms the child stood up reluctantly, "It's your choice but...I thought I could try to convince you otherwise..." Staring at the city with sudden contempt it hissed, "Tick tock, tick tock...what they don't know is their problem!" It would have said more if not for the pair of arms that hugged its body from behind.


"Child...its time to go home." a soft deep voice whispered by its ear. The child nod slowly, glancing mournfully at the tower before getting picked up by the figure that had appeared so suddenly. And as the child placed its arms around the beings neck the figure asked curiously before both disappearing in the darkness, "Why do you even try?"


Minutes after both beings disappeared, the ticking of the clock tower grew louder before the whole town was covered in a bright light and was destroyed.


"Tick tock, tick tock...You should have listened when you had the chance..."
Sign up to rate and review this story