Categories > Original > Poetry > A Slippery Game

A Slippery Game

by lunar_neko 1 review

Just when you think there's no one left, that nobody cares, that you want to end this incredible pain that you're feeling inside and can't handle it, remember. Remember this poem . . . it ju...

Category: Poetry - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-04-24 - Updated: 2007-04-24 - 718 words - Complete

0Unrated
This poem should be read by any person who has been made fun of, had a boyfriend/girlfriend who dissed them after breaking up, or by people who have tried to harm themselves in any way, who can't stand their emotional pain. The meaning is at the end, though, there is a different meaning and a different story for every line of words, its up to you to decide the true meaning of this poem for yourself.






~A Slippery Game~




I'll take a step onto the ice;
Not knowing if its safe, but I'm willing to trust you anyway.

My life has been a roll of dice;
Plenty of gamers have played this game, taking their bets and stealing bits of the puzzle to.

After they're through playing their game;
They turn their backs with venomous mouths.

Tired of this game and not knowing who's to blame;
I tried to cheat, to end the game but all attempts have failed.

I'll take a step onto the ice,
Not knowing if its safe, but I'm willing to trust you anyway, for I have nothing left to loose.






The Meaning:
Sometimes, life can be "slippery," we might fall down every now and then but we need to stand back up, even if that means having help. Sometimes, we need that help, we need to see a light in the midst of our darkness.

People can have "venomous mouths" and say hurtful things but in the long run, it will make us stronger and better people than those who discriminated us.

Most importantly, life is a "game" and sometimes it feels like you're loosing. Just like any game though, there are some ups and downs, we just need to sit back and analize our situation before making a move and make the most of the "game." Remember to never give up and quite the "game," no matter how hopeless things seem. Stand strong and you will be able to make it through.


If you ever need to talk to someone without telling to much and want it to be confidential you can contact one or more of the following numbers:


USA National Suicide Hotlines
Toll-Free 24 hours 7 days a week
1-800-SUICIDE
1-800-784-2433

H-E-L-P SAVE 1-800-SUICIDE !!

1-800-273-TALK
1-800-273-8255

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline




Remember that there are people who care about you and would be deeply depressed, confused, and sad, there are people who would miss you. Don't give up hope. It's never too late to call. Calling is the first step of getting your life back on track, so call, don't be afraid because no problem is unimportant or too small to talk about.

Last time I posted this story, it recieved 22 reads and 0 reviews.

For those of you who are wondering: "What the Fuck does she know? No one knows how I feel!" Well, guess what, I'm not a shrink, I'm not someone who works at a suicide center, I don't want to pry into your life. I know what you're going through because I was there myself.

My backround:
It all started when I was 12. There was struggles at home and tons of strees, stress that I didn't ever release. So I resulted to carving last year, I tried to committ suicide multiple times, and the pain, God the pain. I couldn't handle it, the emotional pain I didn't know how to handle . . . so I made it physical pain, so that I could handle it.

Some of you may do this, and most might not be as lucky as I am, I went through alot and I survived, I survived myself . . . and so can you. I still strugle sometimes but now, now I have a wonderful boyfriend who means the world to me and I know that my family cares. Even though my struggle, my battle if you will, with myself is still going on, the worst ended at the beggining of this year, I am now 15, going on 16 this June. I can only hope that you can find your own strength, it's in there somewhere, you just need to find it. So please, if things feel like they're about to cave in on you, call a hotline listed above, it's guilt free and they really can help you, they won't call your parents/gaurdians, ect. It's a phone call, no strings attached.
Sign up to rate and review this story