Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Thank You For the Venom

My little Mel in a coma?

by aznfoblover 0 reviews

Mikey and Mel have known each other forever. Can one day change what they think of each other? And will it change to something more?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-04-24 - Updated: 2007-04-25 - 647 words

0Unrated
A/N: So I realized that Frank and Bob aren't feeling the love very much. The next one will sorta be about them. They'll be put in here a lot more too.

~~~~~
Gerard's POV

No. I refuse to believe it. My little Mel in a coma? It couldn't be happening. She was my best friend. She couldn't do this to me.

I knew she was feeling weird. She had told me. But we just said it was probably nothing, just a cold. No. I said it was probably nothing but a cold. Something was really wrong with her though. And it was all my fault for telling her she'd be OK.

The doctor said he could only disclose some of the information he had to Ray and his parents. But his parents had gone out of town the other day. So Ray was the one who had to call them. I couldn't think straight. I needed a smoke.

"I need a smoke," I muttered, standing up and going outside. I heard footsteps behind me. I thought it would be Mikey. It was Bob.

"Gee, if I know you, I know you're finding some way to blame this on yourself. Listen to me. It's not your fault. It's no one's fault." How did Bob always know what I was thinking? I lit up a cigarette, offering him one. He took it but didn't light it. I took a long drag, thinking.

"How did you know?" I asked when I trusted myself to speak. He shrugged casually, lighting up.

"You're not the only one she talks to, you know. We're pretty good friends. Or at least good enough friends that she can trust me with things like her health," he said, flicking some ash off the tip of his. I thought as I took another long drag.

I tapped my cigarette with my thumb, impatient with myself. "It is all my fault though, Bob," I whispered. He gave me a look. "I was the one who told her that it was probably just a cold. That she didn't have anything to worry about. How could I be so stupid? Why didn't I see that something was obviously wrong?" Bob shook his head. I was suddenly exhausted. I couldn't fight with Bob.

"Gerard. Listen to yourself. You think that it was all your fault that you couldn't see into the future and know that something bad would happen. But you did help to save her. Who was the one who told Mikey to not go too far away?" He did have a point there, but still... "Who told him to remember his phone?" Well of course I told him to bring his phone. "Who was the first one he called after calling an ambulance? You. But who was the one to call everyone to tell them something had happened? Who remembered that Ray was important to be there?" Bob was making perfect sense, but part of me still believed that if I had just told her to take it easy, maybe see a doctor, maybe this wouldn't have happened.

Bob crushed his cigarette as I did with mine. "Gee. You did help to save her more than you could know. And I know that you're still telling yourself that this is all your fault, but it really isn't. It's no one's fault." I looked at the ground, not willing to admit Bob was right. "You can deny it all you want, but it's the truth." With that, he walked away and I was left outside alone. I felt a tear slip down my cheek.

Mel, don't leave me. I can't go on without you. None of us can.

~~~~~
There it is. I'm still alive. Reviews welcome. I meant every word about including Frankie and Bob in here too from now on. This was Bob's chapter.

Hopefully, I'll post more soon.
Sign up to rate and review this story