Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Erisa's story

A new job

by kawaii_blackrose 1 review

Just your average, everyday girl making her way through life with a few twists along the way :)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2007-04-27 - Updated: 2007-04-27 - 426 words

0Unrated
As I gathered my bags, I slowly made my way out of the room, I spotted my friend Izzy in the hallway.
"Hey Izzy!"
She smiled and waved.
"Hiya! You wanna come round my house tonight?"
"Sorry I can't I've gotta go to work"
"Ahh its ok. So you're starting tonight?"
"Yeah its kinda exciting, but I've like never even had a real job before."
"Well you're only 16!" Izzy laughed "Don't worry about it."
"See you later." I hugged her goodbye then started walking down the stairs.
"Hey Erisa!" She shouted.
I turned round and looked up.
"Good luck!"
"Thanks!" I waved goodbye then left.
I met my sister, Hayley, at the school gates.
"Hiya. How was school?" she asked
I shrugged my shoulders. "Same as usual."
We walked towards her car and she pulled out her keys.
"So, where's this job at then?" she said as she got in the car.
"A comic book store. It's in the New York city centre." I replied
Hayley looked concerned.
"Ok well be careful, New York can be a scary place."
"Don't worry I'll be fine!"
"Well just to be on the safe side here's my mobile, call me if anything comes up." She handed me her cell phone.
We approached the national park.
"Ok you can drop me off here."
The car slowed down.
"What time do you want picking up?"
"Ummm.. about 11?"
"What kind of comic book store closes at 11!? Thats kinda late, I don't want you wandering around the streets of New York when it's dark."
"Well actually it closes at 10 but I have to tidy up and stuff, you know?"
"Yeah well, they shouldn't make a 16 year-old girl work that late."
I laughed "You worry too much!" I glanced at the my watch.
"Uh oh, Hayley I'm late I'll see you later, k?"
"Alright, enjoy your first day!"
"Bye!"
I slammed the car door and started making a fast pace towards the mall. Lets see, I have to be at TimeWarp Comics at 2 so... that makes me 12 minutes late? I sighed. I really don't want to make a bad first impression. I took a short cut through the park. It was a beautiful day. The national park is my favourite place. Just walking past the blossoming trees made me feel happy. As I got to the city central everyone around me was busily moving about. The city's always so crowded on Saturdays.
Approaching the mall I started to feel a little nervous. I took a deep breath and entered through the shiny glass doors.


Sign up to rate and review this story