Categories > Original > Romance > Wreaking Havoc

Out of the Coffin, into the Fire

by Blackraven 3 reviews

Part three of Wreaking Havoc. I got an e-mail so the person who sent it should be pleased that i am up at nine AM on Saturday morning writing this story and not out shooting Archery

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-04-28 - Updated: 2007-08-30 - 1142 words

0Unrated
I must have screamed for a good thirty minutes, I was positive. My nails were cracked and bleeding from where I had been scratching at the roof of the coffin. I meant it when I said I was claustrophobic, but I wasn't going to take the cross off, my life depended on it.
My screams were replaced with pants and I briefly wondered how Blaze could sleep through this, if he was in the next room. Maybe if I just kept telling myself it was only seven and a half more hours....that didn't help whatsoever.
Personally, I don't think I ever really went to sleep in there. I just remember staring up at blackness, so it's pretty hard to tell. All I remember is that after a loooooong time, a voice called from outside of my prison.
"You still alive?"
"What?" I gasped.
I heard something like a lock, then the coffin lid had risen open. Dodger sat on the floor a few feet away, the tip of his tail twitching back and forth as he watched me.
"I thought you'd died or something," the panther continued. His mouth never moved, but I heard his voice as clearly as if he was talking in my ear.
"What?" I began.
"Are you?" finished Dodger forcefully. I jumped out of the coffin and went over to the wall, my legs were weak.
"C'mon girl, tall me what you are. I won't tell the big Cheese in there, promise," Dodger bargained. He came over to stand in front of me after I had slid to the floor. The door to my left was locked, the only window in the room had bars over it.
"I'm just a regular girl," I said in a monotone. I had almost come to believe it.
"Yeah, and my name's Garfield," growled the big cat. He thumped down on the floor, head laying on his front paws.
"Can you get me out of here?" I pleaded. I began to twist my long black hair around my finger. A vision of Blaze came into my head, of his muddy brown hair and glowing red eyes. If I began to believe in him, everything else would be true as well. My silver eyes filled with tears, but I wiped them away quickly.
"I may be able to get you out, but only if you tell me what you are. Listen, I know this must be hard for you, but it's really your only option. Did something happen? Did a mage put a spell on you....?" the great panther put a paw on my knee and blinked sympathetically.
"No," my voice was hard, "I'm a normal teenager, vampires don't exist and neither do talking panthers!" I yelled.
Suddenly the door burst open and Blaze walked in, stretching. Suddenly that coffin looked a lot better than him.
"So," he cracked his knuckles one by one, "you don't believe in the supernatural. But Dodger thinks you are Supernatural. My, my, I should write a book," he chuckled.
"Why don't you just leave me alone?!" my voice broke, but I stared into Blaze's eyes squarely.
"Look, little girl. I'm going to be around long after you die. I've been around even during the French Revolution, and I'll be around when you humans will be living in space colonies. Tell me, when were you born?" he purred.
Visions of a soldier clad in grey holding up a rifle to a man in grey while a woman went into labor in the back of a wagon slammed into my mind, of a country divided, but I shook them away.
Stuttering, I replied, "1991."
"Exactly," chuckled Blaze again. He took a step towards me and held out his hand. "Now, all I want to do is examine your mind, to see if Dodger was right. It won't hurt and if I don't find anything, I may erase your memory and let you go," Blaze's voice was full of lies. More like, if he found something, he'd kill me. If he didn't he'd kill me.
"No," I said, adamantly.
"I don't think you understand," Blaze's voice had gone sour and a frown appeared on his mouth.
"Oh, I do." I stood up, facing the crazed man. "You're going to kill me no matter what," I spat.
Blaze looked shocked, but it only lasted for a second. Suddenly he grabbed my arm and jerked me towards him, entwining his fingers in my hair and pulling my head back so I would be forced to look at him.
His eyes met mine and I lost all conscious thought. I felt his mind invade mine, but I subconsciously threw up every defense I had, shielding my mind from his. The first through blocks he ripped through, but the third slowed him down. He soon broke all of them and I knew he saw something that I didn't want him to see, but he wouldn't know the meaning of a grey uniform hanging on the wall with people crying around a coffin, a little standing in the corner. The little girl had black hair and grey eyes, she appeared only three or four.
Next instant, he was digging deeper, but this had to stop. Another shield slammed into placed, this one caught Blaze by surprise and he was thrown backwards, out of my mind and across the room.
Standing, his eyes narrowed, "Dodger, does 'a country divided' mean anything to you?" he inquired calmly.
Dodger's eyes narrowed, "the Civil War...." he trailed off.
"Why was that so important to you?" Blaze demanded.
"My...Great Grandfather was in the Civil war, that little girl was my Grandmother," I lied quickly.
"She looked just like you."
"I've been told I look extremely like Grandma Rosemary," I replied stubbornly.
"Liar," scoffed Blaze and Dodger at the EXACT same time.
"Okay, then what's your theory?" I snapped.
"Errrr....." Blaze obviously just didn't want to believe me.
"That was you," Dodger supplied quickly. Both me and Blaze turned to look at him.

"Woof Woof," the cat smirked.
Blaze looked up, unable to continue are conversation as his sister had called. He looked at me and smirked, and those eyes held the promise that he would discover what i was. Then his form evaporated.
"You're a werewolf that's over a hundred years old!" announced Dodger happily
___________________________________________________________________________________
PEOPLE FLAMES WILL NOT MAKE ME UPDATE THIS CRAP OF A STORY! THE IDEA WAS NOT ORIGINAL, AND I HAVE NO INTENTION OF CONTINUEING THE GODDAMN THING! LISTEN TO ME: I AM AN UNOFFICIAL AUTHOR WHO PLANS ON GETTING HER FIRST BOOK PUBLISHED FALL OF 2007! I AM GOING TO PUT ANOTHER STORY ON HERE WITH A CHARACTER NAMED DELUCA SHAHRIZAI WHO IS SIMILAR TO BLAZE, AND ONE WHO IS SIMILAR TO HAVOC! PLEASE READ IT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! (called: Sorrosen Academy)
Sign up to rate and review this story