Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Oh Star

Oh Star

by KissGoodbye 3 reviews

Hayley is having troble with her past; trouble with friends; and most trouble with her brother. Mr. Frank Iero isn't letting her have her own freedom. What will happen when she finds she can't get ...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Humor, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro, Other - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2007-04-30 - Updated: 2007-04-30 - 721 words

0Unrated
Oh Star

Disclaimer: I have made a sort of summary of the book Christy Miller by Robin Jones Gunn. So I'd guess the beginning plot is sort of mine and sort of not. Put it simple; the characters are mine (for now; until MCR comes in pouts) but the plot in the beginning is not. Once we get more into the story; it will become mine.


"Over the years, many people have given their opinions on relationships. I would like you to work with a partner on the worksheet I passed out and write a three page essay. Begin with the phrase 'A true friend is.' You may use the rest of this class period to get started. It is due in two weeks; any questions?"

Seventeen - year - old Hayley glanced across her English class and noticed her best friend, Marie, shot her hand up

"Is it okay if we observe our own friends?" Marie's blonde and black hair swayed as she tilted her head a bit

"Of course you can. Now; start; I will assign partners while you work" groans were echoed around the dim classroom "And I don't want to here a peep"

Hayley adjusted her long legs under the desk and studied the paper in front of her. The paper was chock full of quotes from people like Constantine and Aristotle. She smiled when she read what Charles Dickens had to say about friends "Friendship? Yes, please."

She glided a sheet of paper from her book bag and wrote at the top/ 'A true friend is...'/

Only on word came in mind: 'Josh'

That was not the word she was looking for. Hayley pushed that thought aside and scolded herself. 'Come on Hayley, you had lots of friends. Why are you thinking of josh? He's not even part of your life anymore; come on Hayley; think, think, think. What is a true friend?'

Putting the pencil on the white paper; she began to make words 'A true friend is someone who sticks up for you and...'

'Josh' her mind wondered again

'... and they always look for the best in you. A true friend loves you for the way you are; not the way you look' and without even meaning to she wrote 'My true friend is Josh Williams'

There. She finally admitted to herself that Josh Williams is her true friend... and lover. By finally writing it down; it was like admitting to the world that she was in love with Josh.

Although he announced that he was going to Chicago to make his music carrier a year ago; she can't get him out of her head. Still; she hasn't herd from him ever since.

Hayley drew a tiny heart in the corner of the paper and let memories of Josh fill her mind. Each memory prompted a little doodle. Soon the margins danced with sketches of a tandem bike, a blue whale, bouquet of carnations, an old Volkswagen bus, and down the entire right side of her page was a water fall crowned with a bridge across the top.

The shrill bell jolted her back to her Friday morning English class. Snapping her blue composition notebook close, Hayley grabbed her textbooks and waited for her friend at the door.

"Did you get yours done?" Marie asked; her eyes sparkling as though she was hiding something

"No, nothing much done" Hayley pushed her auburn hair behind her pale ear "Did you?"

"Almost" Marie said as they walked down the noise hallway "Who'd you write about?"

"Well, I haven't come up with anything final. I guess I'll come up with it over the weekend"

Hayley felt grief overcome her. Marie was her best and truest friend and all she can think about is Josh; she feels as though she has taken Marie for granted. She has to come up with a plan soon though; or else she might lose her truest friend to an unforgiving past.


A/N: This is my first story ever; and I mean EVER!!! So please; take an easy. Like I said in the disclaimer; I made this my own; but the beginning is a bit like the story Christy Miller by Robin Jones Gunn. I would NEVER take anyone's work without putting up a disclaimer. Tell me what you think! smiles R&R please!
Sign up to rate and review this story