Categories > Original > Fantasy

Price

by bionoctiva 0 reviews

Are you willing to pay the price?

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Fantasy, Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2005-11-05 - Updated: 2005-11-06 - 912 words

0Unrated
Written: 17 October





The rain poured down around me, the thunder cracking overhead loudly enough to vibrate inside my chest. Lightning flashed the path ahead of me in short burst, blinding me nearly half of the time. I was soaked skin deep, my clothes steadily becoming heavier by the minute. I stopped and ripped off my jacket, deeming it useless and nearly screaming out as the cold air and rain hit my bare shoulders.

I reached a set of stone steps and began to race up them. This was his fault, I swore to myself, all his fault. I stumbled and slipped, falling down a couple of steps. I waited a moment to catch my bearings before I picked myself up and continued on.

I finally reached a set of large, stone doors and stared up at them as I stood, catching my breath. I pushed them open and stepped inside, pulling out the gun I had stuffed into the waist of my jeans. I shivered violently; it was colder in here than it was outside.

I took a step, then shouted, "CHRISTA!" I shoved the gun into a pocket as I squeezed water out of my hair. That simple task proved to be difficult; my fingers were completely numb.

A young man stepped out from one of the rooms off on the side, looking quite dry and comfortable compared to me.

"Dearest Nora," he said, "So nice of you to pay a visit in weather like this." An amused smile appeared on his face, his silver eyes reflecting the same emotion as he walked toward me.

I pulled the gun out of my pocket and pointed it at him, ready to fire. He stopped for a moment, watching me.

"But what would the Church say to you visiting someone like me?" he continued, walking closer to me. I stepped back.

"Cut the bullshit, it isn't working." I snapped. He began to walk around me and I nearly slipped to the floor trying to whorl around to keep watch. "Where is she?"

He stopped walking. I cautiously took a step forward. "Where'd you take her, you lit-"

"Who, my dear Nora?" he asked, feigning innocence. He stepped toward me, shaking dark bangs out of his face.

"You know who, you bastard," I spat, narrowing my eyes. "Stop toying with me."

"Toying with you?" he shrugged. "I'd never." He raised his hands up by his shoulders. I pointed the gun at his hand and pulled the trigger. The bullets pierced his hand cleaning, leaving only a hole.

He didn't move at all, just laughed. The hole began to close up and soon wasn't there anymore. He began to walk toward me and I held the gun steady.

"I'll kill you." I said as he approached.

He laughed again. "You? Kill me? That's a laugh."

I aimed the gun over his chest. "You apparently don't know me"

"Apparently no. But you won't do it." He sneered. He reached out and grabbed the gold cross I never took off and pulled on it, dragging my head down with it. "Not for that girl, not even for your life."

I yelled, pulling the trigger once more. Christa grabbed the gun, causing the bullet to ricochet in another direction. "Now now, your God won't be happy if you send someone to see him early." He said in a mocking tone, pulling the cross off my neck. He grabbed both of my wrists, holding them tightly. The gun fell from my grasp as he tightened his, and I could feel the blood from where the necklace snapped run down my back.

I took a step backwards and slipped, falling to the floor. Christa took advantage of the situation, and let go of my wrists, letting me fall. As I went to pick myself up, he straddled my waist with his legs and grabbing my wrists once more.

"Well well, this is a promising position." He smirked, his tongue racing over his sharp fangs. He slammed my arms to the floor, completely pining me there.

"Keep your damn teeth to yourself." I struggled underneath him. His grip on my wrists tightened.

"I'm too much fun playing to even think about draining you of your life." He leaned in toward my neck, running his tongue up to my chin. I choked back a scream and shivered violently. I was no longer cold, but burning hot now.

"She's ill, you know." I said quietly, trying to dig my nails into his hands. "You better be treating her right."

"And what if I'm not?" he asked.

"Then I'll kill you."

He gave me another amused smile. "Now we've been over this once. In addition, it seems..." he paused, "That the girl isn't the only one who is ill."

"What the hell are you-" I started to cough loudly, the feeling that my lungs were on fire spreading rapidly. I turned my face into my shoulder until it passed then turned back to him. I shivered again, gritting my teeth to keep them from chattering. He was right. Damn.

"I'll answer your question on one condition." He said, smirking once more.

"What is it?" I hated this game he played.

"Are you willing to pay the price?" he began to massage my wrists.

"Tell me."

"Are you?"

"Damnit Christa! Yes!" I yelled. "What the hell is your price!?"

He leaned near my ear. "In exchange for that girl, I want your body and soul."
Sign up to rate and review this story