Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Oh Star

Grade A; Total Jerk

by KissGoodbye 7 reviews

Read... the suspence is killing you!!! O.O *Wide eyes*...... fine *Walks off*

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor - Characters: Frank Iero, Other - Published: 2007-05-01 - Updated: 2007-05-01 - 1197 words

1Ambiance
A/N: Disclaimer- Plot is sort of mine and sort of not. Mostly like a summery now. The people are mine though; and yes; if you haven't noticed; I used Paramore names! I am a big fan of them!!

By lunchtime, Hayley had formed a plan. She wanted to do something that would let Marie know how much she appreciated her. They met at their usual spot outdoors. Born Star academy High was an older school, and their cafeteria was small and tended to be dominated by the freshmen. Most of the upperclassmen went off campus for lunch. Hayley and Marie had gotten into the routine of bringing sack lunches and meeting on the grass under one of the large shade trees. Being able to eat outside most of the year was one of the things Hayley liked best about living in Southern Florida.

"Marie, I'm going to ask you something, and I want you to give me a straight forth answer" Hayley said once thy reached the tree and sat; away from the noisy picnic tables.

"Okay; shoot"

"I want to know what you'd like to do together sometime. Just you and me."

"What do you mean?" Marie asked

"What is something you'd like to do? Would you like to go to a concert or what? Name it"

"You're sounding like something's wrong, Hayley. We do stuff together all the time. Why do we need to make special plans to do something together?"

Hayley took in a big breath and stuffed the rest of her sandwich in her lunch bag. She hadn't thought I'd be this complicated "Can I be honest with you?"

"No, I want you to lie to me" Marie pushed Hayley's shoulder "I'm only kidding! What are you being so serious about? You're scaring me"

"Marie, you have been such a good friend to me. I feel as though I haven't been a friend back to you. You're the most gracious friend I've ever had"

"Gracious?"

"Yeah, you know. Like last summer when my mom and dad took me to Jamaica. You didn't come because of the football game. You were so gracious about it-"

"But-" Marie started to interrupt

Hayley kept going, not letting Marie have a chance to disagree. "Then, this summer when I went to Hawaii. You know I wanted to take you, but I had Mary with me because she was visiting that week. It was all set up by my aunt, and I didn't have any say about who went with me"

"I know Hayley. You don't have to explain"

"That's what I mean! You're always so supportive. You were even gracious when Mary snipped at you-"

"Hayley" Marie finally cut in "You're making it sound as though I was being heroic. I wasn't. It killed me inside that I didn't go with you those times."

"But you didn't act like it. That's what I'm trying to say. You've always supportive of me. Always."

"Well; almost always" Marie said "If you will recall, I wasn't exactly supportive when you were going out with Zac"

"Yes you were; you just had a strong opinion about him"

"I still have that opinion. I didn't need to say all of those things to you about them" Marie said thoughtfully "You handled the situation fine without my nasty comments"

"No" Hayley disagreed "I need you to say whatever you wanted to say. I need to hear your opinion. And, as I said before, you were right. Going out with Zac was a huge mistake."

"And as I've told you a thousand times, going out with Zac wasn't the problem. Going steady with him-was well, if you want my opinion, it was about the stupidest thing you've done your entire life."

Hayley laughed as Marie's honesty brushed over her.

"Okay, well, I guess some things I have to learn the hard way. You know it still hurts when I think about him"

"Why? Because he's such a jerk and treated you like a slim ball?"

"No, Zac didn't treat me badly; you know that."

"Oh, right. He only stole that ring that Josh gave you, hocked it to the jeweler, and is now making you pay back with every pay check until Thanksgiving. Silly me!" Marie slapped her forehead in emphasis "I guess that's how every girl hopes there boyfriend will treat them. I just haven't reached that level of maturity to be able to understand such deep, caring, emotionally enriching relationships."

"Okay, okay!" Hayley threw her hands up in defense "Your right okay? Zac was sort of a..."

"... Grade-A, first class, total jerk" Marie filled in for her.

"I guess you could put it that way" Hayley gave in. "But he wasn't like that all the time. There's a soft side to Zac. I'm not saying that I want to go out with him again. It's just that I don't feel like my relationship with Zac is fully resolved"

"You told him to get lost; what more needs to be resolved?"

"I can't explain it. I'm not sure I really know. I guess I am sort of sorry about what Frank did to him; he tore him up badly. I guess one of these days I'd like to sit and talk everything out."

Marie ventured slowly "You mean the way you talk to Josh on the beach the day he left? I mean, can you honestly say you now feel your relationship with Josh is over and resolved?"

Hayley shook her head, feeling her hair tumble over her shoulders as she lowered her eyes. Uninvited tears brimmed behind her lower lids "No." she said softly "It's not over with Josh. I think about him all the time."

"So?" Marie perked up "Why don't you write him? Send him a card. One of those cartoon ones. You told me your uncle gave you Josh's address last week. What are you waiting for?"

"I don't know." Hayley blinked back a tear "I guess a lighting bolt from heaven or something"

"Then here" Marie said, playfully bopping Hayley on the head with a foil wrapped Ding Dong "Consider this your lighting bolt; this is your message:
'Goeth thereforeth and writeth to Josheth"

Hayley laughed her bubbly laugh; her clear green eyes making contact with Marie's "Since you put it that way, okay, I will. I shalt goeth and bueth a card todayeth."

Marie smiled her approval, "You know, an occasional bonk on the head with a Ding Dong seems to do you some good. Remind me to do that about every fifty thousand miles."

...Later...

Not until Hayley was sitting in her Spanish class after lunch did she realize that Marie never said where she wanted to go for Marie and Hayley day. Hayley still didn't know what to do; although; a sleep over with her brother and some of his friends didn't sound too bad.


A/N: Don't worry; Gee and Ray with Frank and Bob will be coming in shortly. Have to put in those god damn filler witch I now everyone hates. Sorry; but it would be a pretty boring story if you never had suspense and wonder! R&R please! ;) Autumn ;)
Sign up to rate and review this story