Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Alter Ego

La Sapienza

by aqueous 2 reviews

Finally at their new home, and finally meet one of their new members.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-05-01 - Updated: 2007-05-02 - 1369 words

1Original
A/N:

Thanks so much for the feedback once more!
I just have a note I have changed Jeff's name to Nathan, which I forgot to do in the last chapter so sorry. This is for specific reasons.
There is also questions arising about Nathan, and you will see in time, I can't tell you or it'd ruin the story!
Anyway, I enjoyed writing this chapter so I hope you like it.
It's an actual famous Roman university, and the description is quite true to actual building. Some is still fiction though as always.

- - - -

Chapter 5: La Sapienza


The train came to a screeching halt, Theresa eyes fluttered open and she realized she was nestled up to Jay and a small smile spread off her face. But this was interrupted by laughing from the pair across from them. Jay bolted out of a small reverie and frowned, Theresa pulled hair out of her face and sat calmly against the seat.

"Sorry about that Jay--" she handed him the jacket he had placed over her. "I can't believe were really here!" she peered out the window.

"Lets go you guys!" called Herry banging on the door. With that they all picked up their bags and walked down the familiar corridor.

"I wonder what this person were supposed to meet is..." Odie said quizzically.

"Probably a hot girl." Neil said nonchalantly fixing his hair by looking at the mirror in his compact.

"I think you're the only guy i know that owns a compact..." Theresa said half laughing, she could tell the other guys were disgusted.

"Hera noted they would be holding up a sign for us saying 'Olympia' on it." Jay said holding a hand up to his forehead blocking the sun from his eyes while he scoured the platform, he saw a sign and a man about their age waving.

"Sorry to disappoint you Neil..." Odie said laughing, he picked up his bags and made his way toward them, "Hey man, I'm Odie." he shook his hand politely.

"Dorian, a pleasure I'm sure." He removed his hand wistfully, and smiled at his new roommates. "Ah--what lovely ladies!" he said in an italian accent, he snatched up Theresa's hand and kissed it softly while bowing.

"Finally a man with manners!" she giggled. He then drew his attention towards Atlanta.

"And your name my dear?" He said kissing her hand lightly. Atlanta merely stifled a laugh.

"It's Atlanta," Archie said barging between them, he was jealous, but he had no intention of showing it, "She's decided to be a mute." He raised an eyebrow at her.

"That's it!" she said infuriated, "You are the biggest jerk on this planet right now, and you better get out of my face before you regret it!" She crossed her arms over he chest.

"North American women are feisty..." Dorian said cocking an eyebrow.

"Oh come on don't tell me you LIKE that kind of stuff!" he said pointing at Dorian, "Ohh-- I'm italian look at me ooo la la!" He said mimicking him by taking her hand and kissing it while speaking in a fake accent. Red flushed over Atlanta's face just before she let her anger free.

"Just stay AWAY from me!" she screamed, and pulled her hand away and stood by
Theresa. "You're disgusting."

"I didn't mean any harm..." Dorian said apologetically.

"Ignore Archie," Atlanta said coldly, "He's a immature mule." She glared at him.

"Sorry to interrupt this lovefest..." Herry said cautiously, "But are we going to the dorms or what? I'm starving!" Everyone chuckled at this.

"It's nice to see a man with a healthy appetite!" Dorian said patting his new friend on the back.

"And a man with great style!" Added Neil triumphantly. Everyone rolled their eyes.

"Shall we tour the dorms?" he motioned the way towards the La Sapienza University.

- - - - -

The gang walked down the path towards the grand entrance of the university. The grounds themselves were marvelous. The whole university was surrounded by a river, in which the path was like a gate of a grand medieval castle over a moat. Bushes filled with all sorts of blooms lay in the front gardens. The entrance itself was giant-like with sturdy pillars that seemed to reach to the sky. Their footsteps on the marble floor echoed through the gigantic lobby.

"The school is split into three districts then twenty one faculties." Dorian said loudly, while standing before them. "To your left we have all your humanities... law, philosophy, architecture and all you could ever imagine." He pointed down the long grand corridor, lined with doors and elegant furnishings. "To your right lay the sciences such as engineering, pharmacy, medicine and much more." All eyes were open wide. "And before us here we have the centre, where the library and offices as well as common rooms lie." He smiled as his words echoed. "This is the way we will be heading to your rooms."

Everyone followed intently gazing and taking in all their surroundings. Dorian pushed open the large doors to the main common room where they would be staying.

"This is your main common room, they are the guest dorms, for exchange students so it will only be us in here for the next while." Bags were let down immediately as the gang explored their new home that seemed so relaxing.

"We have a fireplace!" Theresa shrieked standing beside it warming her hands. "This feels like home!" Jay cringed at her words as his stomach wrenched inside.

Archie already sat on one of the many couches laying back ready to close his eyes.

"Not just yet, my friend." He said to Archie, "I have to show you your rooms yet!" Dorian led them into the left wing off of the large room they were just in. "All the rooms look just like this, as will all your other stays throughout Europe." He laughed, "Well not quite... but very similar."

The Room was half the size of the common room, and it did have a common room itself with yes another fire place, as well as a balcony. One large bathroom was found, as well as a kitchenette. Two bedrooms lay on each side, each rather spacious, and well furnished. A desk lay in each with all the necessary equipment for their assignments.

"Hera has partnered us up strategically this year..." Dorian said calmly wondering himself of which he would be paired with. "She said we are to be put with our opposites, so we are to learn from one another." He held out a letter in his hand.

"Is that our assigned roommates?" Herry asked eager. Dorian opened the letter hastily.

"There is four rooms," he said as he scanned the letter, "The pairings go as follows: Archie/Atlanta, Jay/Theresa, Herry/Odie, Neil/Dorian. She continues to say these are final and changes will result in a fail, we must learn to respect each other to work as a team." He closed the letter with a smile, mixed emotions spread across the room.

"THIS IS NOT FAIR!" Atlanta screamed storming off to the far right room and she slammed the door.

"its not like I'm jumping with happiness." he said coldly slowly walking towards where she went. The other sighed.

"I guess its you and me Jay!" Theresa said jokingly and nudged him in the stomach. At which Jay forced a chuckle.

"I guess soo..." Theresa looked sad for a moment then retrieved her bag.

"Come lets get the room next to Archie and Atlanta." She cheered up instantly, Jay figured she was a bowl full of happiness that replenishes itself infinitely.

"You're gonna try to keep ours clean aren't ya big guy?" Odie cocked an eyebrow at his friend, who he knew was not the cleanest person around.

"As long as you don't keep me up with constant beeping!" Herry said as he laughed and picked up both their bags.

"So mr. I think I'm so hot." Neil said his voice drenched with jealously, "That leaves us." Dorian did not say a word, for he was just as jealous, but Neil would never know. He just placed his things within the room and let Neil follow.
Sign up to rate and review this story