Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Mezzanine

Bleeding Angel

by horsie890 2 reviews

Chapter 8

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Gerard Way, Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2007-05-01 - Updated: 2007-05-02 - 695 words

1Moving
Mikey and his brother locked eyes for one horrifying second. Gerard could easily see the fear in his brother's eyes. His heart sank, because he knew he was the cause. He reluctantly stepped aside, averting his eyes to the ground as Mikey hurriedly walked past him. He considered slamming the door, but he knew his mom would yell, and rightfully so. Instead he closed it quietly.

Gerard returned to the sanctity of his room, trying to clear his mind all over again. Mikey waited until the door was securely closed before daring to walk past it and to his own room. His heart was pounding in his ears. His brother hadn't said a single word. Something was severely wrong.
-
"Mikey! Gerard! Dinner's ready!" Donna Way called from the kitchen. Mikey eagerly jogged downstairs, flying by his brother's room without a second thought. It was sushi night at the Way residence, and not even his brother's threatening demeanor would ruin that for him.

When several minutes passed without Gerard's appearance, however, Mikey was sent to retrieve him. He reluctantly pushed his chair away from the table and marched upstairs.

"Gerard, didn't you hear mom?" he asked, knocking on the door. There was no answer, so he tried opening it. Surprisingly, the door moved at his touch. He felt fear wash over him. Gerard always kept his door locked.

Mikey tentatively opened it, and his vision was immediately engulfed in darkness. He blinked a few times, seeing a glow emanating from his brother's speaker system, and hearing an all too familiar song filling the room. He saw a mass of black lying on the bed, and smiled softly to himself. Gerard was asleep, thanks to that song. Mikey crossed the room and paused it. Gerard began to stir almost instantly.

"...Where's my song?" he said, slurring the words. Mikey smiled again.

"You're missing dinner, genius." Gerard mumbled something inaudible and pulled the blanket over his head, pressing play on the speaker system before he did so. Mikey responded by roughly pulling the iPod out of its charging slot. His brother growled, but he wasn't afraid. For some reason, he was actually having fun messing with Gerard.

"And you're not getting this back until you come downstairs," he called as he turned to walk out of the room, pocketing the music player.

Mikey suddenly found himself face to face with the carpet, his brother's weight nearly suffocating him.

"Give. It. Back," he said angrily. Mikey shoved him off and stood, planning to run downstairs.

He didn't run. Instead he tackled Gerard with all the force he could manage, knocking him to the floor. Mikey stood once again, flipping the light switch on the wall.

What he saw shocked him.

Gerard was sitting in the middle of the floor, holding his face in his hands to block out the light. Dark red stains littered the steel gray carpet around him. Mikey saw a glint of metal not quite hidden in the bed's shadow.

He rushed forward and embraced his brother, who was now sobbing uncontrollably. Gerard made no attempt to shove him away and let his arms drop to the floor. He felt too weak to fight back. Mikey caught sight of his brother's left arm. Bright red liquid ran down the side of it, flowing like water and creating a fresh mark on the carpet.

He helped Gerard stand, supporting most of his weight, and they slowly made their way down the hall to the bathroom. Mikey calmly cleaned and bandaged the cuts, feeling more like an older brother rather than a younger one. Gerard winced and whimpered as the water ran over his freshly scarred skin, but he had no strength to run away. He had already lost too much blood; he almost hadn't managed to crawl into his bed before he passed out. And his short few hours of sleep hadn't helped much.

Mikey walked him back to his room, returning the iPod to its place and starting the song all over again. Gerard collapsed on the bed, asleep within seconds. His brother turned the lights off, holding back his own tears, and closed the door.
Sign up to rate and review this story