Categories > TV > House > Alone in the House of Secrets

Devine Intervention

by MissLady 1 review

The second chapter (my computer won't let me add the chapter to the actual story--sorry). House studies the blood-drinking patient and Cameron won't seem to leave him be.

Category: House - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Allison Cameron, Gregory House - Published: 2007-05-01 - Updated: 2007-05-01 - 363 words

0Unrated
House studied the woman intently. She was pale, and the goddamn florescent lighting wasn't helping (not to mention that they were giving him a headache). If it weren't for the ever-annoying beeping from the heart monitor, House would've thought her dead. Her eyes were closed under her pale brows and her breathing was barely noticeable, though some other random machine said it was fine. He cocked his head at her, wondering momentarily on her history. "Any news?"
The small voice grated on House's nerves. He wasn't on the best terms with Cameron, and yet, he found it extremely hard to avoid her. The logical answer for him, as he was her boss, would've been to fire her. But, she was good at what she did...and after all, he did originally hire her because she was pretty. "Well, I'm sure there would be, but it seems that her lack of consciousness is preventing it."
Cameron came to the bedside and her presence made House's nerves more frayed than they already were. He refused to look at her, instead choosing to keep his attention focused on the patient. "She's not in a coma," the lady-doctor continued. House sighed and rolled his steely blue orbs.
"You go vomit for a couple hours and tell me how badly you would like to be awake afterwards," he growled.
"What I'm saying is that it's not like you can't wake her up. Hell, you've pulled people out of induced comas to get your answers before. What's different about her?"
"Only the obvious blood-drinking." Cameron hooked her palms on her hips and gathered her resolve, not wanting to yell. But, House made it so easy to grow angry. Despite her calm demeanor, everyone knew Allison Cameron had a temper that could easily rival Lisa Cuddy's. And that was saying something.
"Fine," she said calmly, and left House's side, much to the pleasure of the Vicodin-addicted doctor.
When House was sure she would no longer bother him, he returned his attention to the patient. Her name was Mary Coordale, she was 21, and she worked in a small restaurant uptown.
Nothing out of the ordinary.


Except for the obvious blood drinking.
Sign up to rate and review this story