Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Complications

First Impressions

by 3Cheers4Sw33tRevenge 0 reviews

I suck at summaries! Its basically just Gerard in highschool and all the troubles that he goes through.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way - Published: 2007-05-02 - Updated: 2007-05-03 - 1443 words

0Unrated
'Mum! Why am I always the one who has to go pick up Cameron?' I scream down the stairs, while trying to finish my maths homework, I've left it to the last minute. Again.

'Honey it's just one time I don't usually ask you to go pick him up but can you make an exception pretty please?' I roll my eyes, sighing putting my pen down and getting up off my bed.

She's only making me go because apparently I'm very anti-social, unlike my brother Cameron who is exceptionally popular among his friends, who aren't the most ordinary kids around.

To be popular you need to have friends, something I don't have any of. Okay thats a lie I do have friends but they all live ages away and I barely talk to them anymore anyway.

I pull on an old pair of sneakers that I've had for years now, I walk slowly down the stairs to find my mother adding finishing touches on her make-up for her big date tonight.

'Okay so where's Cameron this time?' I huff, pulling on a loose thread on my greying jumper. 'I wish you'd stop wearing that thing Ash' she sighs, putting down her make-up brush and actually turning around to look at me for once. 'Your brothers over at that boy's house, Mikey his name is... they only live a couple of blocks away' she says, trying to fix up my hair.

'If its only a few blocks away why can't he walk home?' I ask dodging my mother, I'm not in the mood to be fixed up today. My mum rolls her eyes 'Because I'm not about to let my fifteen year old son walk around the streets of New Jersey at night dressed the way he......dresses' my mum finishes sighing. She doesn't approve of the way Cameron and I dress, she says that we're just looking for trouble.

'Okay then I'm going' I say running out of the house before my mum can comment on the amount of eyeliner I have on, its not that much....in my opinion anyways.

I'm glad I've got a jumper on because its absolutley freezing outside, I shiver as I unlock my car and try and get it started. Honestly my mum would have been better buying a second hand car for me instead of giving me her first car, it doesn't even run that well. I put the stereo on full blast seeing as its one of those odd occasions where I have actually left a CD in the car.

I arrive at the house my mum said was that kid Mikey's. I get out of the car to hear my brothers terrible singing coming from inside the house. Yep its the right house alright. I approach the door and knock loudly. They're playing The Misfits inside, at least my brother's friend has good taste also. I hear alot of glass smashing and alot of laughter. I sigh and knock again.

'Gee and you please get that?' A voice calls out from the laughter, I hear another voice grumbling, I hear the door click and its flung open.

There's boy standing on the opposite side, he can't be much older than me but I've never seen him before. His hair is black, sitting just on his shoulders, he's pale but not like me he's sickly pale, almost like death, he's wearing a very baggy jumper and jeans- both black. 'Can I help you?' he asks clearly bored.

'I'm Cameron's older sister, he has to come home now' I mutter. He brushes some hair out of his face, revealing the most intense pair of hazel eyes I've ever seen. He smirks at me 'Cameron!' he yells into the living room 'What?' a muffled voice calls out 'Time to go home!' he yells back to him. I hear the music being silenced and my brother comes into view 'What are you doing out?' he asks me, shocked I'm out of the house for once. I roll my eyes 'Oh you know I'm delivering pizza....what the hell do you think I'm doing here?' I ask dryly. He rolls his eyes which looks incredibly scary with his new green eyeliner.

'Come on we've got to get home...mum's got another date' I say before Cameron starts groaning 'Can't I just stay at Mikey's?' he whines, he's actually a pretty good whiner but today I'm not in the mood to laugh at him. I roll my eyes 'I'm sure Mikey and um....' I look at the other boy, he rolls his eyes playfully 'Gerard' he says quietly. 'Thanks' I say before turning back to my brother 'I'm sure Mikey and Gerard have other things to do than listen to your terrible singing...and yes I heard it' I say watching his mouth drop.

He sighs knowing his been defeated 'Fine' he mutters 'Let me say goodbye to Mikey' I pretend to groan as he hurries off into the living room. I stand outside next to Gerard, its really awkward, I don't like it. It feels like forever until my brother finnaly comes back. 'Lets go' he says huffily, his dark brown eyes are pleading with me to let him stay. I shake my head playfully 'Thanks for having him over' I say to Gerard. He a small smile forms on his face 'No probs...didn't even hear him' I laugh as I drag my brother over to the car.

'Man that Gerard's like you' my brother says while trying to fasten his seatbelt. 'What do you mean?' I say watching Gerard shake his head as he closes the door to his house. 'He's really anti-social, didn't come out once while I was over there...just stayed in his room the whole time'. I adjust my mirror before starting to back out of the driveway 'You know it is okay for people not to have alot of contact with people Cam' I tell him as I manage to reverse without hitting anything for once in my life. I see Cameron squirm a bit in his seat 'Yeah I know....' he starts 'But its wierd....he's not a bad drawer though..I didn't see any of his art but Mikey says he's excellent....maybe you'd get along with him' he says jokingly. I roll my eyes. 'For the last time I paint not draw' I say through gritted teeth. He shrugs 'Same diff' . I roll my eyes again, hes got a habit of picking up annoying words....must be from the kids at school.

We get home to find Harrion's car parked outside our house 'Fantastic' Cameron and I say in unison. We get out of the car muttering and swearing under our breaths. We both hate Harrison, he could never take the place of Cameron's dad, but he does try. We open the door to be greeted with our mum being extra cheery, its sickening actually. 'Okay kids I've ordered pizza- don't worry Cameron its vegetarian, I should be back around eleven' she kisses us both on the foreheads 'Mum' we both say in strangled voices. Harrison chuckles and I glare at him, Mum sighs and pulls Harrison out of the house to stop any conflict happening. Cameron and I watch unhappily as mum once again goes out on a date.

The pizza arrives and we eat it quickly, its like we haven't eaten in weeks. Cameron then forces me to watch some crappy horror movie that all his friends have recommended. Actually it was quite funny watching Cameron get the shit scared out of him......more entertaining than the movie.

Its about 10:3o by the time the movie finishes, Camerons completley exhausted and decides to go to bed. I decide to go back up into my room. I'm up there finishing a painting when I hear the door unclick and alot of giggling. I groan quietly and put all my stuff away and pretend to be asleep. I'm not ready to hear about mum's night at the moment, I don't think my stomach could handle it.

I hear my mum whisper goodnight to Harrison, at least he's not coming in. She closes the door and I hear her muttering, she's obviously spotted the horror movie, I hear her come up the stairs in her high heels- actually their mine but mum relised I'd never get a date to wear them on so she took them for herself.

She turns off all the lights so its now pitch black, easier to get to sleep. I stare at the ceiling thinking for what feels like forever before drifting off into sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story