Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket

Null and void

by schism-ism 1 review

Drabble-ish thingy. Kyo's thoughts/opinions on how valid Yuki's Tohru induced smiles are.

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Kyo, Tohru, Yuki - Published: 2005-11-08 - Updated: 2005-11-08 - 227 words - Complete

1Insightful
I'm really bad at titles and already have a fic called "smile", thus, I have come up with "Null and Void". Oh! Won't someone please stop the madness.

________________


Yuki never smiled.

Well, not the real kind. Not the kind that mattered, as far as Kyo was concerned. Not that he would. In front of him. He had those sarcastic smirks down pat, though. The one that said, 'I'm laughing at you and conserving energy I don't need to beat the shit out of you.' Or.. Something like that. It had to be.

So when Yuki smiled at Tohru, a tentative, shy thing of a smile, Kyo wasn't sure what to think.

It was definitely the girl. Definitely her irritatingly infectious sense of hope and joy that got the Rat Prince to risk cracking his face. He'd only seen it from the side, but could imagine how it looked full on. Pretty face upturned, pretty eyes shining, thin lips relaxed but still resolutely together like a virgin's legs. And they were curved. Up. In smile.

Some display of pleasure and/or satisfaction.

It was /her/.

Not that he should care. Not that he did care. She could cause all the would-be smiles if she wanted. She could induce silent giggles and happiness if she wanted to. Her prerogative.

Smiles didn't count if you didn't show your teeth, anyway.
Sign up to rate and review this story