Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket

Sweet

by schism-ism 2 reviews

Tohru makes Yuki smile. A sort've prequle to "Null and Void". Small, small, small drabblet-ish thing.

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Tohru, Yuki - Published: 2005-11-08 - Updated: 2005-11-08 - 224 words - Complete

1Moving
Angain, horribly bad with titles.. so I used a word from the fic. >_> Urhm... yeah. Also, the song Tohru is singing is Panic Attack by The Paddingtons.

____________


He'd only meant to go into the kitchen for a glass of water. He hadn't meant to stay and watch her... dance? Yuki supposed that's what those vague swaying motions could be described as. And as if that weren't enough, she was singing into a wooden spoon, too. She looked like an ad for the Future Homemakers of Japan foundation.

So he stood there and watched Tohru dance and sing to the boiling pot of whatever tonight's dinner was (a surprise). It was... funny? No. Well, yes... but only a little. More cute than anything. Sweet.

He smiled softly. Smiled at her and how she'd react if he told her just how cute he thought she was. She'd go red and wide-eyed and flustered and change the subject. And he'd let her.

He must've been about as caught up as she was, because he didn't notice her start to turn. "And I do tooooooUWAAAAAH!!! Y... Yuki-kun!" Tohru froze and the spoon fell to the floor with a ridiculously loud clatter.

The air was still. And then she looked at him, really looked at him, and saw his smile.

Tilting her head, she offered one of her own.
Sign up to rate and review this story