Categories > Celebrities > AFI > December Starlight

Chapter 16

by horsie890 0 reviews

Chapter 16

Category: AFI - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-05-05 - Updated: 2007-05-05 - 883 words

0Unrated
Dozens of white lights circled him, all forming into humanlike figures. Davey looked around wildly, trying to find a way to escape, but he was completely surrounded by the Ghosts. Zio smirked with an evil gleam in his emerald eyes.

"You're going to die, Davey. Eventually it all comes back to this. Eventually you have nothing else. Shame, really."

They all fired blasts of cold ice at him simultaneously. Davey gasped for air as pain shot through his body, and he fell to his knees. His energy was quickly vanishing.

He blacked out.
-
Davey, wake up.

Davey lay still in spite of the words. Something nuzzled his face, and his eyes opened suddenly. He was staring sideways into two dark eyes surrounded by black hair. The creature backed away from him a few steps, and he was able to get a better look at it. It was a small rabbit.

Davey realized he was lying on a marble floor, and managed to sit up. He had a horrible headache.

"What happened to me?" he said to himself.

"They attacked you." He glanced around the darkness, trying to find the voice, but there seemed to be no one there.

"Who are you?"

"You should know," the voice said with a light laugh. A hand suddenly appeared before him, and he tentatively took it, being pulled to his feet. A man with black, spiked hair stood before him, wearing a medallion around his neck. It looked exactly like the one Davey wore. His eyes widened.

"Are you...Alchior?" he asked in wonder. The man smiled and nodded, then picked up the small rabbit and stroked it lovingly. Davey noted the striking light blue color of his eyes. They were a perfect match to the sky, or what color it should have been.

"I've been watching you for some time, Davey. I saw what happened with the Despair Faction." A sympathetic look came over his eyes. Davey looked down at his feet.

"I tried to save them...I did..." Alchior placed a hand on his shoulder.

"They're alive, Davey. They're asleep, and frozen, but they're alive." Davey looked up at him with a glimmer of hope in his eyes. He could feel his heart warming again. Alchior flashed a smile.

"You've learned to control the fire."

"Not completely." Alchior's face turned serious.

"I know you want to save them, Davey. But I can't help you do it; you have to do it yourself." Davey's eyes widened.

"How?"

"Unleash the fire inside." He handed the small rabbit to Davey, who took it with some surprise. His hands cooled immediately, a blue light emanating from them. He shifted the rabbit's weight to his left arm and cautiously looked at his right hand, gasping as he did so. The burns had healed completely. Alchior smiled at him.

"It won't hurt anymore. I'm afraid this is the most I can do for you, Davey. Good luck."

Alchior turned and walked away, disappearing into the surrounding darkness. Davey looked at the rabbit he now held. Its nose was twitching, and its ears were perked towards him. He found himself smiling. It was adorable.
-
Davey opened his eyes suddenly, finding himself on the floor. He could see several scattered lights floating around him, all white. He gritted his teeth and stood, facing Zio with determination.

"It looks like he doesn't want to die just yet," the pale-haired man said with a smirk. Several of the Ghosts snickered in response. Davey felt the fire in his heart intensify. It spread up through his hands, but it did not burn as it had before.

He released it to its full strength. The fire shot in all directions, and while most of the Ghosts blocked it, several were wounded by its heat. One blast traveled down the hallway nearby. Zio was unsuccessful in trying to stop it.

Davey was breathing heavily when the heat subsided, but he wasn't in pain. He felt more alive than he ever had before. A few seconds passed before Zio struggled to his feet, snarling at Davey.

They appeared without warning. They came and began attacking immediately.

And Davey had never been happier to see them.

The Despair Faction blossomed like a black flower amidst the Ghosts, all surrounded in bizarre blue-black flames. 'They look like one flame,' thought Davey with a fleeting smile. 'Together they all form one dark flame.'

Several of them shot blasts of black fire at the white creatures, destroying them almost on impact. Space formed around Davey and Zio, as if they were exempt from the carnage, or the center of it all.

Davey's fists were clenched, and glowed with orange flames, but he wasn't afraid. He was confident. He knew they would win.

Zio smirked.

"You think you've beaten me, don't you?" he asked, snapping his fingers together. A strange dome formed over the two of them, blocking out everyone else. "I'm sorry to say that's not the case. Because whether or not you choose to admit it, I've been in control of the situation the entire time." He suddenly shot an icy blast of energy at Davey, draining his energy quickly and completely. Davey fell to his knees in exhaustion, wondering how he could have let this happen. How he could have failed.
Sign up to rate and review this story