Categories > Original > Romance > Flawless Illusion

Boyfriends and Chocolate Chip pancakes

by Skye 0 reviews

"HEY JENNA!", Ryan yelled from the back window. "WHAT?", I yelled back. "IT'S TIME FOR BREAKFAST! I MADE YOU CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES!" he replied. "OMG, RYAN! I TOLD YOU I'M FINE! DON'T ...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-05-06 - Updated: 2007-05-06 - 841 words

0Unrated
"Landon?", I said.

"Yep, that's me", he replied.

"Not to be rude, but what are you doing here?", I asked.

"Returning your purse", he said, showing me the purse.

"Oh, um, wait here, OK?", I said, dashing off to my room. I didn't mean to leave him there felling like an idiot, but I wasn't going outside like this! I threw on a pair of jeans and Jefferson High t-shirt, and ran back downstairs.

"Ok, um, sorry about that", I said, walking outside.

"It's alright", he replied. We started walking down the sidewalk and into the little "woods" behind my house. It wasn't really a woods, it was actually just a small group of trees, but I call it a woods anyways. I lead him over to the picnic table, and he sat down. "Here you go", he said, handing me my purse.

"Oh, thank you so much!", I said. I was so worried that I might never get this back! I felt like I could kiss him! I probably would, if it weren't for the fact that this is only the second time I've ever talked to him, and I didn't want to scare him off.

"It was no problem really", he said.

"Um, I was wondering, how did you know I lived here", I asked.

"Well, the ID card helped a lot", he said. I smiled. "I would have just given it to you at school, but I wanted to see if you were ok", he explained. OMG! He wanted to make sure I was OK!! How sweet! Then I began to wonder, where did all these people come from? All these caring, "Oh, Jenna, are you alright?", people. The people I know would say something alone the lines of "Oh, Jenna, suck it up! Quit being a baby!"

"Yeah, I'm fine", I said.

"I tried to help", he said.

"Oh, yes. And I thank you!", I said.

He smiled. "I guess I'm not that much of a fighter", he said.

"Oh, no! You were doing good!", I lied. He let out a burst of laughter. "I was being serious!"

"Really? Wow, you must need contacts or something. Either that or you were watching a whole different fight. I got creamed! Badly!" he said.

"Well, I meant BEFORE you got creamed! You were doing pretty good!" I said.

"Yeah, ok, thanks for trying!", he said.

"What do you mean?"

"Thanks for trying to make me feel like a hero", he replied.

"Your welcome!", I said.

"So, was that your boyfriend that saved you last night?", he asked. I couldn't help it. I fell to the ground laughing. He stood there, staring at me. Then he finally said "I don't get it".

"Are you.........talking about..........Ryan?" I asked in between breaths.

"I guess, I don't really know his name", he said.

"You must be...talking about him".

"Oh, well then, yes. I'm talking about Ryan." I had just gathered myself up when I suddenly fell back to the ground, laughing more than ever.

"Ok, judging by the way your rolling on the floor laughing, he isn't your boyfriend, right?"

"No way! Ryan is my brother!", I said.

"Oh. Well, that would explain the uncontrollable laughter", he said, running his hand through his hair. That one move made him look so hot!

"Yeah, but in you defense, you don't really know me or my family. So, you have a reason for not knowing", I said.

"Yeah, that's right", he said, smiling at me. I could feel my face getting warmer as it got redder.

"HEY JENNA!", Ryan yelled from the back window.

"WHAT?", I yelled back.

"IT'S TIME FOR BREAKFAST! I MADE YOU CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES!" he replied.

"OMG, RYAN! I TOLD YOU I'M FINE! DON'T YOU EVER LISTEN!? YOU DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION CAUSE I ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER! NO, YOU DON'T LISTEN! EVER!", I yelled.

"OH, SHUT-UP AND COME GET SOME PANCAKES!", he yelled, closing the window. How rude!

"Ok, what was that all about?" asked Landon.

"Oh, sorry. It's just, Ryan only makes chocolate chip pancakes when I'm feeling sad or something like that. It usually makes me feel better. But, it won't this time because I'm fine!", I said.

"Yes, you are", he said.

"WHAT!?", I said. Was he hitting on me!

"Hey! Don't take it the wrong way! I was just agreeing with you!", he said, putting his hands in air like I was going to shoot him or something.

"Yeah. Well, I better go before my brother has a heart attack!", I said.

"Oh, yeah. Well, I guess I should go then", he said.

"Oh, no. You don't have to. Ryan always makes more then we eat", I said.

"Oh, no. I don't want to be a burden. I'll just go", he said, walking up the lawn.

"Ok, well, thanks for bringing me my purse!", I said.

"It was no problem, really! I'll see you at school!", he said.

"Yeah, see you at school!" He waved good-bye and then he was gone.
Sign up to rate and review this story