Categories > Original > Romance > Here, Have My Heart

For Want Of A Better Title

by deniiwilliams 1 review

The second chapter, the scenery is going to change after a little bit.

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-05-08 - Updated: 2007-05-08 - 692 words

1Moving
"Winter?" I asked quietly as I led her into the house. "Are you going to tell me what happened?"

I sat her on the sofa and sat down next to her as she told me the whole story up until the very moment that she had come to my place. I felt a rush of relief that he didn't try anything with her yet I felt so bad for her. I hugged her again it seemed the only that I could do.

"You can say it you know?" She said suddenly. I was completely perplexed. "Say that you told me so." She said with her head buried in my shoulder.

"Why would I say something like that?"

*
Why would he say something like that?

"Because you were right." I said "If I would have listened to you then none of this would have happened. I was so stupid."

He didn't even try to deny that he knew I was stupid to trust James, I knew I was stupid to trust James but it went unsaid until that night, that night that almost ruined our friendship.

"Call your parents and tell them you're staying here." Dylan said, "You can have my parents bedroom, no arguments." He finished as I went to protest.

"I'm going to get you something to wear and then you are going straight to bed Winter do you hear me?"

I nodded and he left. How could I have almost thrown away such a great friendship?

"Admit it you idiot, you were never quite comfortable with being just friends" I mumbled to myself. "Always want what you cant have."

"Did you say something?" Dylan said walking back into the room, "This is all I have."

He was holding up a pair of boxers and his Lostprophets T-shirt. His favourite Lostprophets T - shirt.

I grabbed them, muttered a thank you and went to his parents en-suite bedroom. I'd gotten changed around him hundreds of times why does it bother me now?

*
She'd gotten changed around me hundreds of times why does it bother her now
In a way I guess I was thankful that she didn't, I'm not too sure I would have handled the situation well. So here I am laying in bed, of course I can't sleep because I am thinking of her.

Damn I need to stop.

*****


(A/N This is the end of the story being in first person and it will become third person from now on)

Dylan laid back down in his bed after getting up and pacing his room a little bit. The thunder outside had started to become heavier as long as the rain, he was deciding whether or not to go and check on Winter who was terribly afraid of thunder.

He heard the floorboard outside his room creak and turned as he saw a shadow cover him.

He pretended to be asleep as she looked at him. He looks so peaceful. She couldn't help herself she leant down and kissed him on the forehead.

I wish he could have learned to love me the way I love him. She thought.

I wish she could have learned to love me the way I love her. He thought as he stirred from his 'sleep'.

"Sorry were you sleeping?" Winter asked quietly not wanting to wake him up.

"No I wasn't." He replied noticing for the first time how beautiful and innocent she looked without make up. He pulled up the sheet knowing that she wanted to lay with him as she climbed into his bed. He felt her body shake slightly as she let out a slight wimper every time the thunder sounded.

Winter noticed that Dylan had forgotten to take off his eyeliner and how it had smudged slightly. She couldn't help but reach up and wipe it from under his eye he held her hand there and entwined her fingers into his as she rested her head on his chest.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"For what?"

"For being such a great friend." She replied before falling asleep.

Those words cut him like a knife.
...such a great friend
...great friend
...Friend
Sign up to rate and review this story