Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Life's True Stories: And the Answer was Love

Recapitulation

by vaiwandil 1 review

No one understands

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-05-09 - Updated: 2007-05-09 - 853 words

0Unrated
why is no one udating :'(



Julius ran out of the room. Light got from outside into her wet darkened room. Then everything was black once more. She was dazed ... would he come back? She was scared, she was cold and exhausted.


Delilah remembered Scarlett finding her next day. Later she realized it was about midday. Scarlett told the police she had become suspicious when neither of both had appeared for lunch. At first she had gone to look into Julius' room which had been empty. Supposing he had gone jogging or something of that kind she left the moment Al commanded her back into his office.

He didn't say anything else than: "The police just sent me this" and shoved a photo over to her. No "like", no "man", no "kiddo".

It was the same photo Delilah had taken later with trembling hands.

Scarlett had then gone to tell Delilah first. And if she wasn't prepared to what she had seen on the photo she surely wasn't prepared to what awaited her in Delilah's room.

Considering what had happened to Delilah Scarlett didn't mention anything after she had seen a doctor and had a shower. Delilah didn't say a word, wanting to go and ask Julius first what all that was about. The doctor and Scarlett said that is was the shock.

Delilah had become suspicious when the doctor and Scarlett had started whispering. Finally the doctor nodded. Scarlett heaved a sigh and then gave her the photo.


Two people were lying on the floor. It didn't look that shocking if it hadn't been for some blood stains and chalk around the bodies. One of the men had black spiky hair; the other was blond, rather tall and had blue bulging eyes.


The autopsy and the forensics hadn't been able to explain what really happened. Whether one had killed the other, had they both been killed by someone else ... just one thing was certain: the killer had known better than to leave any marks.

The investigations were soon stopped. Delilah had told the police about what had happened to her but she didn't say she thought it had been Julius. Perhaps someone wearing a blond wig? In her heart however she knew that it had been Julius. And that he hadn't killed her although he had tried to - unwillingly it seemed. He had loved her, they were a team, partners! She just couldn't figure out what had happened. And now he was dead. Because she wasn't?


Her nearly perfect life had smashed to pieces in a few hours. She had left the Academy quite soon because she just couldn't bear it there anymore. She had assumed the name Westmoreland to hide from Deeds, Ice and all the others. It would be more difficult now for her parents to find her, but she didn't want to meet anyone right now. Wanted the pain to disappear, and if it had to be, herself as well. During the two years she had spent in Changthang the soreness in her heart had faded a little and then she had met Catherine. At that time under another name no one could spell her in Latin letters. But its meaning had been: Love can't be dead. She found out that the three year old girl was an orphan and adopted it. Now she lived with her in a suburb of Oxford. It was her new life. In the meantime she had become a successful lawyer, a loving mother, an appreciated friend and held the record in short time relationships. But all in all her life was okay again.

It was like a mirror: it may shatter but you could still be reflected in the shards.


And perhaps there had been something like God or destiny that had made Julius lose his lighter back then. Delilah had found it inside the French horn's case when she had brought it back to the shop.


It was time now for her daughter's birthday... eleven o'clock already! She stroked the letters J and C engraved in the silver lighter, remembering only his love and gentleness. She flicked it open and lit the eighteen candles. She smiled and started whistling happy birthday - contrary to her daughter she sang terribly.

"Morning sunshine", she said when Catherine stirred. "Happy birthday." She put the cake on the bedside table.

Catherine grinned back at her and sat up. Delilah told herself not to cast a damp over the wonderful day by telling a sad story or with a homily. Catherine blew out the candles all at once. Delilah made a wish for her. But they don't come true if you tell anyone.



The facts: In 1986 a man dashed his wife with benzene because he had learnt that she wanted to divorce. He couldn't however find a match. He then strangled her, intending to kill her, until she fainted. Then he let up on her and gave up his intent to kill. His wife lived.


Yep, truth can be cruel ... and strange things are happening around us. I hope you liked the story nevertheless (thanks for your enthusiasm, panda)
Sign up to rate and review this story