Categories > Original > Sci-Fi > Running With The Pack

Meet the Family

by Togot 0 reviews

Flora smoothes things over with her family

Category: Sci-Fi - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Romance, Sci-fi - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2005-11-12 - Updated: 2005-11-12 - 575 words

0Unrated
-Lee knew something was wrong. Wolves always stayed close together to intimidate their enemies but these wolves were spreading out. They spanned the top of the U shaped cliff trying to surround Lee and Flora though she didn't seem to notice, or care.
-The one in the middle was clearly the leader, the alpha male. It was the first one that had appeared and it looked so aggressive that it almost appeared to be rabid. All of them were snarling and growling down at the intruders. Lee tried to think of a way out of this but Flora didn't seem bothered at all, but why?
-"It's ok," she said. "He's a friend." At first Lee thought she was talking to him but he realized she had been referring to him. He looked back up at the wolves and saw that they had stopped snarling.
-Now the animals looked at the alpha apparently waiting to see what he did. Lee was curious as to his reaction as well. The wolf looked down at Lee as if he were staring right through him. Finally he looked at Flora and barked. The wolf then walked out of view and the others followed.
-Flora lowered her head and started to make her way up the fallen tree that led to the top. She didn't even need to adjust her balance; she simply walked right up the steep, narrow incline as if she were walking up a simple ramp.
-Lee wasn't sure if he should follow or not, after all there was a pack of wolves at the top. His curiosity was nagging him and he couldn't just leave Flora alone so he started to follow but Flora looked back at him and shook her head.
-"Wait here," she said. "I'll call you up after I calm them down." Lee watched Flora walk out of view and waited for a scream or a cry for help but he didn't hear a sound. He simply waited all alone looking up where Flora was calming down a pack of wolves.
-After several minutes Lee heard something approaching the edge of the cliff. Flora appeared and looked down at him. It looked like something was bothering her but she still managed a smile.
-"You can come up now," she said before walking out of view again. Lee headed up the fallen tree and was surprised to find it very difficult when Flora had made it look so easy. He almost slipped off several times but he finally reached the top and was greeted not by wolves but by several people.
-Lee counted five of them, the same number of wolves he had seen a moment earlier. There were three men and two women, all of them didn't look happy to see him. One man in particular appeared livid with Lee's presence.
-He started to move towards Lee with obviously hostile intentions. Lee got ready for a fight but Flora stepped between them. She didn't face either one; she simply stood there with her head down submissively.
-The man clenched his fists and for a moment Lee thought he would strike Flora but instead he started pacing back and forth. It reminded Lee of animals at the zoo. The way they paced in front of the bars eagerly looking at all the people on the other side. This man was looking at Lee with the same frustration.
-"Lee," Flora said. "This is my family."
Sign up to rate and review this story