Categories > Original > Romance > Misinterpretations

Trouble All Around

by GACIAF_Stories 1 review

"Scott and I are-" I was cut off. "We know, active. But you better lay off him, because Scott Harrison is going to be mine." Wow I hated this girl. "You see, I get what I want, and I want Scott,...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-05-13 - Updated: 2007-05-13 - 1837 words

0Unrated
Chapter 10




When I finally got better and was back at school, people were talking. Everyone was asking me was I really pregnant and if it's a boy, will I name it Scott Jr. I got annoyed.

"NO people! I am not pregnant! Scott and I are not active, we are just friends! So shut up please!" I shouted angrily after about the fifteenth ask. People kind of dropped it after that.


"So, People won't leave you alone either, huh?" Scott asked as he sat down for lunch.

"I'm feeling much better thanks!" I said. He laughed.


"I think they're shutting up though." I said with a positive attitude. He nodded in agreement.

"Ya, but if there were a school newspaper this would be on the front page, I mean nothing ever really happens." aid bubble-bursting Julia, while she took a bite of her sandwich.

"Thanks Miss Pessimist." said Scott with a glare.

"Sorry, I just tell it like it is." She replied putting her hands up.

"Ya, well you better shut it like it is." I said back.

"Wow. That was probably the worst come back I have ever heard." said Scott looking at me with a sly smile on his face. Julia laughed.

"Shut up." I replied. In my mind I wanted to just say "wow, you are really hot." to him but that was NEVER going to happen. So anyway, after lunch and a few of my afternoon classes it was time for English. Scott and I worked on our poem, Julia and Taylor worked on there's and then it was the end of the day. I walked out into the hallway, talking to Scott, Julia close by, and was laughing at a joke Scott had just told me.

And there was Linda Ricardo. (A.k.a. total head-turning drama queen.) "Jemma Summers, we need to have a little chat." She said putting her arm around me and pulling me over to the side of the hallway. Julia and Scott stayed close by, with confused looks on there faces.

"So I hear you and Scott are exclusive." she said in a not so friendly tone.

"Scott and I are-" I was cut off.

"We know, active. But you better lay off him, because Scott Harrison is going to be mine." Wow I hated this girl. "You see, I get what I want, and I want Scott, so just stand out of my way."

"Scott and I are NOT active, we are just friends." I replied, totally uncomfortable.

"Oh whatever, listen skank-" she said louder. I saw Julia raise her eyebrows and start to walk over here.

This was not good.

"I'm not going to play games with you, so just-"

"Lay off my best friend." Julia said starting to walk away, pulling at my arm. A crowd was starting to form around us in the hallway, and I was getting hot, and nervous. Julia and I started to walk off, but Julia's head was jerked back when Linda yanked on her hair. I just REALLY wanted to get out of there. I looked up at Scott, who was watching in total shock. Linda smacked Julia in the face, and I think Julia smacked her back, but I was looking around to see all the people crowd around. I just stood there not knowing what to do. I walked over to Julia.

"Julia, it's ok, let's just get out of here." Mr.
Peterson came by and tore the fight apart. I walked over to Scott.

"What happened with her?" he asked me.

"She just snapped or something, I guess she heard her call me a skank." I said.

"Nothing to see here people!" said Mr. Peterson as he dragged Julia and Linda to the office.

"Oh my god she is in big trouble." I said thinking about what her parents will say.

"What a Monday." said Scott shaking his head. I went to my locker and got my stuff, and caught up with Scott on my way out of the school.

"Hey, are you working tonight?" he asked me.

"Yes. Why, will I be expecting a certain customer to drop by?"

"Ya, I think I'll come over there for a while." he said. I got into my car and noticed I had a new text on my cell phone.


SRY 4 FLIPN OUT
GOT DETENTION 4
2 WEEKS
I M DEAD!


And she was dead. I put my cell phone back and started the car. I drove to Barnes and Noble in silence. I walked in, put on my apron, and hat, and greeted Rachel who was flipping through Cosmo Girl.

I told her about the fight, and how Julia had been acting weird. She babbled on about a similar fight she had encountered. I noticed Anthony come in, talking on his cell phone, looking very nervous. But when I said Hi to him, he merely nodded at me and kept walking to the C.D. section. Scott hadn't come yet, and I had done my history homework and Algebra.

I had an hour to go.

"I'm takin' break Rachel." I announced.

"Have Fun." she said.

I walked outside and sat down on the sidewalk. It had just gotten dark, it was 7:46.

I let my head fall back against the side of the building and closed my eyes. I thought about how Julia had lost it and how she would never do anything like that unless something was really upsetting her, like if she was fighting with her parents, but she would have told me if she was fighting with her parents. It seemed like she was suddenly keeping
secrets from me. I set my head back up and opened my
eyes to see Scott sitting about a foot away from me, with a grin on his face. This startled me and caused me to give out a loud yelp and Jump about three feet into the air. Scott laughed.

Hard.

"I really hate you." I said with a laugh.

"Did you quit or something?" he asked.

"No, there is a thing called break you know." I said.

"I know but you just seemed like you were upset." he said.

"Well today my best friend totally freaked out and she has been
acting all weird. It's like she's keeping secrets from me." I said.

"Maybe she's just having a hard time with school and stuff." he said shrugging his shoulders.

"I don't know, I better get back inside." I said standing up. He
also stood up. We walked in and I went behind the counter.

"She returns with the boy." said Rachel.

"The boy has a name. It's Scott." I said. and right then I knew I made a mistake. If you knew Rachel, you would know she NEVER let things go.

"Is it Scott? Or is it hot?" she said putting her magazine down.

"Rachel, don't." I said, praying she would just drop it. Scott looked puzzled. He looked at the expression on my face, and said

"What?"

"Nothing, do you want a drink?" I said.

"Oh it's just that when you guys met she called you Hot instead of Scott."

"Rachel!" I said. I could tell my face was totally red.
and when I looked at Scott's face, so was his. He had a grin on it too. He coughed.

"What would you recommend?" he said pointing to the menu.

"She would recommend the love smoothie." said Rachel in a deep voice. Haley was working too, which wasn't very often, and she was also in on my "crush" on Scott. So she laughed. I glared at
her. Haley was
24 and was married. So immature.

"Rachel, you're at a good point in your life, I would hate to have to strangle you." I said. I could tell if I didn't stop her now, she would embarrass me big time. She put her hands up and grabbed the broom.

"I would recommend the cranapple smoothie, or perhaps if your in a coffee mood the Java Jive."

"Ya, gimmie the Jive one." he said.

"Java Jive Rach." I shouted to her. She was sweeping the floors, and also using the broom as a microphone.


"Coming right up." she started to make the drink while singing 'dream lover' which was getting on my nerves.

"Every night I hope and pray a dream lover will come my way!"

"I'm sorry she is being so obnoxious." I said to Scott who was red just like me.

"Because I want -ya ya ya- a girl -ya ya ya- to call -ya ya ya-
my own" Haley was singing backup (the ya ya ya's) and was starting to dance with Rachel.

"Dream Lover, I don't have to Dream at all!" They were getting no where with his Java Jive. I made my way to the coffee machine and started on the drink.

"Ya, thanks guys for making his coffee." I said as I poured it in a cup. They just ignored me and started the bridge.

"Here you go, god I want to shoot them right now." I said.

"It's ok, how much do I owe you." he said with a laugh.

"Don't worry it's on the house." I said. Haley and Rachel had stopped singing.

"Don't worry it's on the house!" they mimicked at the same time, in a high voice. They laughed. I walked over to the wall and bumped my head on it repeatedly five times. This caused Scott to laugh. Rachel and Haley, thank goodness, went on to talk about something else.

"So, out of curiosity, what was Linda 'chatting' with you about?" asked Scott taking a sip of his Java Jive.

"Well she thought, like the rest of the school, that we
were....active (Scott choked a little here.) And she wanted me to

lay off you, because she wants you."
I said wiping off the counter.

"She wants me?" he asked.

"Ya, along with half the school." I replied.

"Really?" he asked, intrigued.

"Oh, you are loving this aren't you?"

"No, I mean I just think it's interesting....the fact.....and well.....They want me?"

"uhh ya." I said with a laugh.

"Well I didn't mean to be the cause of a fight." he said.

"Ya, but don't you guys get some sort of sick pleasure out of watching girls fight?"

"No, not me anyway." he said.

After a while it was closing time and It was my turn to close up, so Haley and Rachel left making smooching noises on there way out.

"Don't you kids have to much fun, and if you end up going in the closet-"

"Rachel, stop talking." I said. Haley was laughing hysterically.

"See ya later love birds."

I shut off all the machines and shut off the lights and Scott and

I went outside.

"You know, there is one up side to the fight." said Scott as I finished locking the doors and put the keys in my pocket.

"And what is that?" I asked.

"At least we should be yesterday's news."
Sign up to rate and review this story