Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'm Every Cliche, But I Simply Do It Best

Chapter Nine

by x_____ER 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-05-16 - Updated: 2007-05-17 - 382 words

0Unrated
Later that night, Patrick came home and sauntered through the living room.

"How'd it go?" A voice arose from the couch. Patrick jumped slightly and looked over at direction, squinting his eyes and trying to see in the dark.

"Pete?" He asked.

"The one and only."

"What do you mean how'd it go?" Patrick asked.

"Your date." Pete said.


"I wasn't on a date." Patrick told him, shaking his head.

"Don't give me that, Patrick Martin Stumph, I saw you in that bar with that girl." Pete's smirk couldn't be seen in the darkness of the room, but Patrick knew it was there by the tone of his voice.

"You were spying on me?" Patrick asked.

"Ha! So you admit that you were with a girl!" Pete said, turning on a light.

"I was, her name is Solar, but I don't like her." Patrick mumbled.

"You were smiling." Pete pointed out.

"She's just a friend." Patrick mumbled again.

"You only smile when you're happy, excited, or in love. And I don't think you were excited."

"Okay, I do like her-" Patrick said, shrugging. "-Did you wait up for me?"

"Don't try changing the subject, Pat." Pete smiled. "You like her!"

"Yes, I do like her. She's really nice, and she's a lot better for me than Heather."

"I think I agree on that." Pete said.

"But tell me, why are you up so late?" Patrick questioned.

"I can't sleep." Pete sighed.

"Why not?" Patrick asked.

"Tina just told me she was pregnant." Pete looked up at Patrick with a smile. "I'm gonna be a dad."

"Congrats, man!" Patrick said, bending down and hugging Pete.

"Thanks. I'm just worried." Pete sighed.

"Worried?" Patrick asked, sitting on the couch.

"Yeah, worried. When I worry too much, I loose sleep."

"I feel that same way, if I keep my chin up and act happy, I feel guilty." Patrick sighed too. "But why are you worried? I though you were happy you're going to be a dad?"

"I am, but I just don't know if I'm ready, you know? I mean, how am I supposed to raise a kid when I'm just a kid myself?"

"Don't worry about it, man. You'll love it." Patrick smiled, patted Pete on the back, and sulked back to his bedroom.
Sign up to rate and review this story