Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Just To Get Back In Her Arms

A Secret?

by bellaxmuerte 2 reviews

An unexpected visitor.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-05-16 - Updated: 2007-05-17 - 1169 words

0Unrated
Just To Get Back In Her Arms
Chapter 6

"Should I call him?" Stef asked Sarah over the phone.

"No, I wouldn't. He's touring again, probably has other things on his mind. Just let it be."

"You really have something against him, don't you?"

"It's not that I have something against him. I just don't trust him, that's all."

"Sar, he honestly wants to be friends again. Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea. Plus, we're supposed to see their show tomorrow night, remember? I feel like I should call him, give him the heads up, you know?"

"Look, you can do what you want. I just... I know how you still feel about him, and don't you try to deny it. I don't want you to get hurt."

"Aw, well thanks Sarah, but I'm a big girl now," Stef replied with a laugh.

"Yeah, yeah. Well I have to go, but let me know if you do end up calling him."

"I will. Bye bye." Stef hung up the phone and plopped on the sofa. As if on cue, she heard a knock on the door right as she sat down. "Of course," she said. She stood up and walked over to the door and looked through the peephole. Surprised at who was on the other side, she unlocked the door and opened it. Gerard was standing there holding a small bouquet of flowers. He was wearing black jeans and a black hoodie.

"Gerard," Stef said, slightly confused. She hadn't seen or heard from him since the wedding, which was about a month prior.

"Hey," he said.

"Wow, this is weird."

Gerard gave her a funny look. "Why? Is something wrong. I'll go if you want."

"No, no. I was literally just talking about you, that's all. It was just weird."

Gerard looked surprised that she had been talking about him. "Oh, ok. Well we don't have show til tomorrow and I wanted to see you. After the wedding I was going to leave everything up to you but... well I just wanted to see you and-"

"It's ok," Stef said, cutting him off. "Really, I don't mind. Come on in," she said with a smile.

"Oh, and these are for you," he said as held out the flowers. "I figured since I was showing up unannounced and uninvited I would... bring you flowers? Yeah, I don't see how that makes sense either, sorry."

Stef laughed a little bit. She could sense he was a bit nervous and didn't know why. "Don't be sorry, they're beautiful. Thank you. Why don't you have a seat." Stef walked into the kitchen to get a vase for the flowers.

"Your apartment is really nice," Gerard said as he sat on the sofa.

"Thanks," Stef replied. "It's small, but it suits me just fine." She walked out of the kitchen and put the vase on her dining room table.

"So..." she said as she sat next to him.

"So," he repeated.

"How's the tour been?"

"Oh, you know, good."

"'Oh, you know, good," she said, mocking him. "Sounds really exciting." Stef grinned.

Gerard let out a small laugh. "I'm sorry, I'm a bit out of it today. Everything is going great, really. It's a lot of fun. Tiring, but fun nonetheless."

"Well I'm glad to hear that. I'm coming tomorrow night, you know."

Gerard's eyes perked up. "Really?"

"Yeah, Mikey set it all up for me. I'm coming with Sarah."

"Wow, Sarah? Now that is a name I haven't heard in a long time. Well good. I'm really happy that you're finally going to see us."

"Me too."

There was a brief silence which left them both feeling quite uncomfortable. "So Gerard, why are you really here?" Stef finally blurted out.

He looked up at her. "Um, well do you want the truth?"

"That would be nice."

"Ok. Well just hear me out. You and I, we've been through a lot. And I'm not just talking about, well, you know. Before that, we were always there for each other. And as much as I was a dick to you and despite the fact that we've spoken only once over 12 years, I never stopped caring. The thing is, I've missed you. A lot. If I could take back what I did to you, I would in a heartbeat."

"Gerard Way, admitting he was wrong? This is a first."

Gerard chuckled. "Well, I'm not the same person. True, the Gerard that you knew was an arrogant son of a bitch. But I've grown up a little."

"I know."

"I want you to get to know me. I want you to know who I am right now. And I want to get to know you."

"I would like that." Gerard smiled and looked into Stef's eyes. There was another silence, yet this one was not as awkward as the previous one. Stef broke their gaze by looking off to the side.

"You're still so beautiful," Gerard whispered.

Stef looked back at him and laughed nervously, "I'm sorry, what?"

Gerard put his hand on her cheek. "I'm just saying you haven't changed. And you've always been beautiful to me." As he said this, his face inched closer to hers.

"Gerard, stop..." He didn't listen and moved in closer until they were merely centimeters apart. Before he could finish what he was attempting to do, Stef turned her head and stood up.

"You can't do that," she said.

Gerard put his head down, looking defeated. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to freak you out or anything. I just thought... maybe..."

Stef began pacing the living room floor. "Look, it's only been like 10 minutes since you and I 'made up' or whatever. I don't know what that kiss was implying, but we can't just jump into... whatever it is that you wanted from that kiss. You even said it yourself, we don't know each other. That's step number 1."

"I know, I just thought-"

"Well you thought wrong," Stef snapped at him.

"Whoa, sorry. Ok, I'm gonna take that as my cue to go." Gerard stood up and began walking to the door.

Stef ran behind him and put her hand on his shoulder. "Wait, don't leave yet." He turned to face her. "I'm sorry," she continued.

"I just don't get it, I thought everything was fine. And then you just kind of wig out. What did I do that was so wrong? I didn't even actually kiss you!"

Stef took a deep breath. "I know. Again, I'm sorry." She put her head down and Gerard could tell something else was wrong.

"What is it, Stef? I know there something beyond what just happened that's bothering you."

Stef sighed. "Gerard, sit down. I think there's something that you need to know."






*Ahh, ok so I'm a loser and haven't updated in a while. I'm going to try and update more than before. Also, thanks for the messages and comments that were left, even when I was being a bum! :-)
Sign up to rate and review this story