Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The Boy With The Thorn In His Side

Prologue

by rainydaykid13 5 reviews

Haunted once again by the nightmares of his childhood, Pete is beginning to fear that these twisted scenes may be more than figments of his imagination, that they may be trying to warn him of somet...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Horror, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2007-05-17 - Updated: 2007-05-17 - 194 words

1Exciting
They're always the same.

Always at night, always in the forest.

The same cries audible in the distance.

The sound of his body lurking somewhere in the shadows.

Branches breaking.

Leaves crackling.

Wind whirring in my ears, watering my eyes.

And the pain in my stomach - Sharp. Raw. Real.

My nightmares make me dread sleep.

I put the cap back on my pen and close my notebook, carefully placing it back on the nightstand beside me.

I pull back the sheets and slide into bed, flicking off the light.

I glance across the dingy hotel room at Patrick's sleeping figure on the pull-out couch, his chest rising and falling rhythmically.

I close my eyes and concentrate on every pleasant thought possible.

I think of the show tomorrow night, of how for that one hour everything will be OK.

I think of going home and seeing my family, my friends, and my dogs.

Before long I feel sleep wrap its cold, spiny fingers around me and take me away.

---

This has been in the works since February. You guys have no idea what I went through to get this just right. Reviews are always welcome.
Sign up to rate and review this story