Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 5 > Like the Old Days

Chapter 1

by eowynjedi 0 reviews

One year after the defeat of ExDeath, the party have gone their seperate ways. But they are brought back together by a new threat to both worlds...

Category: Final Fantasy 5 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2005-11-16 - Updated: 2005-11-16 - 358 words

0Unrated
The bow of the ship rose, then crashed down into the deep trough of the green waves with a huge spray of white foam that splashed over the already-slick deck. The crew of the vessel tried to keep their balance as they went about their duties, others just clinging onto the rigging. Rain lashed the ship, driving across in sheets and keeping the men's heads bent low. And standing on the bowsprit, clinging to a line with just one hand, stood a slender young man laughing into the storm. Purple hair caught in a ponytail streamed out behind him, as well as his black coat. The sudden squall obviously held no fears for him. His feet were steady despite the wild pitching of his craft, and it was a wonder that he managed to stay on at all.

"Cap'n!" the first mate shouted up at him. "Cap'n, get down from there!"

The young man turned, looking at the grizzled sailor with lively green eyes, that smile still on his feminine face. "Ah, yer an' ol' mother chocobo, Ridley!" he reprimanded, though he jumped back down to the deck all the same. "I'll catch me death o' yer worryin' sooner'n I'll catch it o' the sea!"

Ridley glared at him sternly. "Ar, well, cap'n or no, 'tis still madness to dance abou' up there durin' a storm!" He jerked his dripping head up at the sails, which were caught in a combination of straining full of wind and wild luffing. As if to heighten the perilous setting, yellow lightning forked across the black sky. The smile on the captain's face dimmed as he blew water from the tip of his nose- he had to admit, things were getting a bit more interesting than he would have liked.

"Douse th' mainsail!" he roared above the thundering waves. The sailors were quick to comply, scrambling up the swaying rigging. The captain bellowed a few more orders before dashing over to the helm. "I'll take it from 'ere, lad," he said to the helmsman, taking the wheel himself. 'Tain't far t'th' hideout now...

The storm raged on as the Syldra headed home.
Sign up to rate and review this story