Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Brother Z3 Reviews
The Final Battle is over. Harry has left Britain, leaving a devastated magical community, a lost Hermione, and a blinded Luna. Hermione becomes Professor McGonagall's apprentice while she cares f...
- i think we all want to know:
Is he harry? i can't help notice he did not answer hermione's question, rather said that he was still 'learning'. possible harry/timeturner.
Author's responseI thought Brother Z was too good a character to waste on his short appearance in chapter 13 of Triwizard Redux. Is Z Harry? No. Was Z once Harry? That is the question (yes)
- My, My, My... This is an interesting start. I'm left after reading this with one thought...
Why hasn't any of the students ever boycotted Snapes classes? I would think that (at least with the upper years,) they would say enough is enough and refuse to attend any classes that he teaches. Especially since he killed Dumbledore.
Author's responseIf I remember rightly, Snape isn't teaching many 6 or 7th year classes (6th year History was the only one, wasn't it?). anyone who takes 6th year history expecting binns would probably be willing to put up with Snape.
- Fabulous beginning. I love Hogwarts teacher stories and with Hermione and Brother Zed there as well as Head Mistress McGonagall dealing with Snape, this promises to be really interesting.
I was trying to remember Brother Zed from Triwizard Redux as my husband and I were reading this. He knew it was the person formerly known as Harry Potter and I was wavering back and forth, trying to remember.
I know romance will probably be far from the focus of this fic, but have you decided what ships there will be other than Hermione/Luna and Remus/Dora? Just curious; if you're not ready to share that info I'll understand completely.
Author's responseHermione and Luna will both be taken with Z, after they find out he was a lay brother (ir not under vows of chastity)
- Hmm, definitely an interesting start. For some reason, I can't shake the impression that "Brother Zed" is a well- and fully-hidden Harry Potter, come back to clean up the last traces and loose ends. Methinks Severus should tread most carefully around him and the school in general.
I can understand why Harry would need another identity and this one is so unlike him that few would suspect. The final battle obviously didn't go the way Tom expected, there is something to the old admonition to "let sleeping dragons lie", but I doubt he'd have believed it possible.
- New characters are quite irksome sometimes with their overpowering nature. At first your fic appeared to me to be a Harry Potter in Disguise sort of a story. But , now I'm not totally sure. Some things in his wording do leave room for a few elaborate ways of him being Harry or not. So I can't tell. All the better, as it will really make me want to follow this. I really do hope you update this often. Your work is really well written. I'm hoping that they are seperate and that brother z is more about helping heal Harry somehow.