Categories > Books > Harry Potter

For Luck

by Walter 0 reviews

When: end of year 4. Who: Ronald Weasley, Cornelius Fudge. Where: a deserted corridor. What: see for yourself!

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Fudge, Ron - Published: 2007-05-19 - Updated: 2007-05-19 - 302 words - Complete

-1OOC
If Ron had been expecting to run into somebody as he returned from dinner to the Gryffindor common room, it certainly was not Cornelius Fudge, the Minister for Magic. Yet it was Fudge's portly form with which he collided as he rounded a corner.

"Oof!" he grunted. "Watch where you're - oh." He flushed as he saw who he was talking to. "Sorry, Minister."

"It's nothing, it's nothing!" said Fudge with an airy wave of his hand. "You're right, I really ought to watch where I am going...I was thinking about a thing or two, and I guess I got a bit carried away."

"Um...yeah, me too," Ron said awkwardly.

"You are Arthur Weasley's son, aren't you?" asked Fudge, now eyeing Ron with interest.

"That's right," said Ron. Fudge nodded.

"Well, yes, of course, I remember you from the Quidditch World Cup," he said. "I must say you have grown since then!"

"Er," was all Ron could think of saying to that.

"You do look a bit like Arthur," continued Fudge, his eyes sweeping Ron's features, "although he was never as good-looking, if you don't mind my saying so."

"Um," said Ron. He became suddenly aware that they were quite alone in the corridor. There was an awkward pause.

"Allow me..." said Fudge suddenly, and, reaching out, he slowly straightened Ron's tie.

"There," he said with a smile to the dumbfounded Ron and then, without warning, he stood on his tiptoes and planted a quick kiss on Ron's lips.

"For luck," said the Minister with a wink and, giving Ron a pat on the shoulder, he strode away.

Ron slowly touched his lips, still slightly disbelieving that he had just been kissed for the first time in his life.

"For luck," he whispered, and a small smile appeared on his face.
Sign up to rate and review this story